Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I go barefoot in the house year round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

do you wash your feet before climbing into bed?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I embrace the bacteria as friends and colleagues.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Where do you guys buy decent indoor shoes/slippers? I wanna get some for me and djf for the winter. Preferably ones with a back on them, not slip ons. :thanks:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Big thunder, much rain

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I am now 40 years of age, it's all downhill from here

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Solefald posted:

Where do you guys buy decent indoor shoes/slippers? I wanna get some for me and djf for the winter. Preferably ones with a back on them, not slip ons. :thanks:

Temu!

https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_fs=1&goods_id=601099512267078

A comment.

I fell in love with these shoes the moment I saw them in the app. And when I read the comments there was one that caught my absolute attention and it was this guy that mentioned that the shoes felt quite artesanal. And when I saw them in person I knew exactly what he meant. The feel to it is absolutely curious! For cosplay they'd be excellent. And when you try them on, they feel so delicate (in a good way), in a way that you just want to take care of them.

Blow fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 18, 2023

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
the kind of shoe you'd want to breastfeed

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Dell_Zincht posted:

I am now 40 years of age, it's all downhill from here

hap bir

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Solefald posted:

Where do you guys buy decent indoor shoes/slippers?

Depends how much you want to spend, Aldi ones are pretty decent for the price, but you can spend a lot more on a nice pair of comfy sheep skin moccasins (£100+). M&S or Next are a good midway point with a decent variety, I get mine from here amd have never been disappointed.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

the kind of shoe you'd want to breastfeed

I know right?

They feel like you're wearing nice firm socks, but the genuine Amazonian rubber sole really grips.

When I walk up the high street, people seem be looking at my shoes.

Surely with envy.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Solefald posted:

Marks and Spencers. I buy literally nothing from them except slippers every 3/4 years. Any other place and they fall apart within months.

One weird tip, buy the size slightly too small as the fabric will stretch. If you buy your actual size they will feel super lose within 6 months.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Solefald posted:

https://amzn.eu/d/6KsEifd

these work great for me

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Mega Comrade posted:

Marks and Spencers. I buy literally nothing from them except slippers every 3/4 years. Any other place and they fall apart within months.

One weird tip, buy the size slightly too small as the fabric will stretch. If you buy your actual size they will feel super lose within 6 months.

Lmao I've just had a look and M&S seems to have EXACTLY what I want
Only they're mostly sold out of my sizes in the women's section and they don't even sell anything in DJF's size in the Men's >:(

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I, also, get slippers from M&S, they also have the best joggers for the WFH freedom comfiness.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
If I ever start wearing slippers that'll be it. Put me in the home

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I just wear my trainers, all the time. Except in the shower or bed obviously.

Drives my Mrs mad, she's Asian and believes you should wear flip flops everywhere. I disagree.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

If I ever start wearing slippers that'll be it. Put me in the home
We've seen the 'home', even you don't deserve that

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

You're not hip or cool. Not wearing slippers and having cold feet isn't going to change that.

Neither is your Tesla.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
doubt he'll have cold feet in the tesla lmao(due to the fire) (teslas catch fire)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mega Comrade posted:

One weird tip,

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

doubt he'll have cold feet in the tesla lmao(due to the fire) (teslas catch fire)

Well he might be stuck outside the Tesla when the door handle freezes shut.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Drives my Mrs mad, she's Asian and believes you should wear flip flops everywhere. I disagree.

Asian?

In the UK that can mean from India as I understand in your culture. Whereas here it would tend to imply people from East Asia.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Vile creature

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I allow shoes from the door to the kitchen for example b/c it can be annoying trying to remove shoes while carrying loads of bags or w/e but just hanging about all day in the house with shoes on is loving weird.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Gonna be strict when we have a house that I am hoping will have a front porch or at least a hallway that has space for a chair and some shoe racks or w/e

EVERY GUEST IS WEARING loving SLIPPERS

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I am mad about shoes now THANKS

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

my current pair of slippers are the type with no back bit that goes around your heel so that they're easier to get on and off. never again. they're constantly coming off and borderline dangerous to go up and down stairs in.

luckily they're falling apart so i'll have an excuse to get a new pair soon

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Nobody makes it past my front door with shoes on, think of all the random outdoor poo poo you'd be tracking into the carpet. Slippers are golden.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Live in an upstairs flat, then you have the bottom of the stairs as the shoe off area and stench zone

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Solefald posted:

Gonna be strict when we have a house that I am hoping will have a front porch or at least a hallway that has space for a chair and some shoe racks or w/e

EVERY GUEST IS WEARING loving SLIPPERS

Will you providing disposable slippers or will we have to share

Or worse, bring out own?

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Solefald posted:

I am mad about shoes now THANKS

I felt at least I was being helpful.

ExParrot posted:

Nobody makes it past my front door with shoes on, think of all the random outdoor poo poo you'd be tracking into the carpet. Slippers are golden.

I just got some new carpet laid.

Woe betide any oval office attempting to cross the loving threshold with outdoor footwear on.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ratjaculation posted:

Will you providing disposable slippers or will we have to share

Or worse, bring out own?

I'll get a selection of plain cheap slippers for guests of varying sizes, or you can just wear socks :colbert:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
We don't allow shoes in the house except we haven't come to a conclusion about fridgelinas dad who both doesn't wear socks and also has insanely gross feet

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Solefald posted:

I'll get a selection of plain cheap slippers for guests of varying sizes, or you can just wear socks :colbert:

Get some SKOVELSJÖN

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Blow posted:

Asian?

In the UK that can mean from India as I understand in your culture. Whereas here it would tend to imply people from East Asia.

East Asia, not Indian. Don't get her started on that.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

ExParrot posted:

I mean, my dog doesn't wear shoes, so it's not really changing anything by me doing the same thing. Floor still gets cleaned at the same times.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

To be honest as long as you wipe your feet on the Weclome mat everything is fine with me.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

you're the mat, aren't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Ratjaculation posted:

you're the mat, aren't you?

Nope, here it is pictured with my crocs