Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

I can speak only for myself, but for me the greatest draw with Icewind Dale is the combat encounters. They're like puzzles to be solved with correct application of swords and spells. It's actually my favourite Infinity Engine game, but I'm not sure if I'd really be interested in following an LP of it; it'd have to be someone breaking it over their knee, mechanics wise, and even then...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I'm noticing that the LParchives doesn't have Dragon Quest VIII on it so I seek to rectify that by requesting it be LP'd!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Koorisch posted:

I'm noticing that the LParchives doesn't have Dragon Quest VIII on it so I seek to rectify that by requesting it be LP'd!

I could have sworn that there was one on the forums, so I went looking. Orange Fluffy Sheep did an LP of 8, but it was abandoned.

Here's hoping someone else comes along to fulfill this one (or even OFS resumes the old LP...)!

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Always down for DQ.
Sad Frank's never got added to the archive for some reason.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Anyone have good recs for commentated LPs (or SSLPs) of total warhammer? The newer the better

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

offsite, but SB has many total warhams runs on her channel, and a new one with the latest expansion that will probably update tomorrow or tuesday

https://www.youtube.com/c/SBPlaysGames/videos

no facecams, no gimmicks, just a lady playing games and talking

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Some of the later maps are really pretty though, for whatever that's worth.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Badger of Basra posted:

Anyone have good recs for commentated LPs (or SSLPs) of total warhammer? The newer the better

My favorite people who have done a bunch:

RuinousInsight
MonstersAbound
JanetOnOccasion

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Fellow goon Rojo also has a few.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

MythosDragon posted:

Always down for DQ.
Sad Frank's never got added to the archive for some reason.

I remember saying that he got it ready for archiving. Maybe he just never sent the actual request. Shame because his LPs are imo the best LPs of DQ1-4. Good enough for me to want to share with friends without accounts.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

Koorisch posted:

I plan on doing most if not all of the series eventually but with how slow I'm updating that may take some time.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

I remember saying that he got it ready for archiving. Maybe he just never sent the actual request. Shame because his LPs are imo the best LPs of DQ1-4. Good enough for me to want to share with friends without accounts.

Not just the best, for 1-3 he's the definitive experience, truly teaching the magic of these games that defined the very concept of RPGs. Just finished a replay of 1-3 while rereading them, halfway through 4 but I'm insane and have a spreadsheet to see all party chat so I'm playing really slow lol.

EM# also helped me enjoy 9 more.

I kinda want to be playing all 10 games at the same time lol.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I've only played DQ1, but reading through those LPs I think he helped get across some portion of how truly big of a hit DQ3 was in Japan. THAT moment of DQ3 was definitely a big holy poo poo when he got to that in the LP especially with the context of the DQ1 and 2 LPs beforehand.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'm here to request some god drat insanity.

SSLPs of
Project X-Zone 1 and 2
SRW T, X, V, OG:MD, 30

I like these games, but when I play 10 hours and develop severe fatigue to the point I don't touch the games for 5 years, I realize I'm never gonna get far in these games that can go well over 100 hours, so I'm gonna request someone else try to do that while also dealing with the fatigue of LPing these behemoths. I don't actually expect anyone to do so, but SRW fans have scared me with their insanity before...

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
After stumbling across mention of it on youtube and discovering how batshit weird it is, for any adventurous RTS players willing to deal with a janky, buggy game, I nominate Genesis Rising, which I can best sum up as 'Homeworld made on dodgy Eastern European drugs.'

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

After stumbling across mention of it on youtube and discovering how batshit weird it is, for any adventurous RTS players willing to deal with a janky, buggy game, I nominate Genesis Rising, which I can best sum up as 'Homeworld made on dodgy Eastern European drugs.'
Sadly, the game only wishes it could be half as good as Homeworld. It is completely batshit insane, though - I'll second that request.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Buggy Eurojank? Someone put out the PurpleXVI signal.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I'd like to add Warzone 2100 yet again to the LP list, it's fallen off it a few times already.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Black Robe posted:

Buggy Eurojank? Someone put out the PurpleXVI signal.

I'm playing a nice game next time! A NICE GAME, OKAY?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Everyone love yourself, say no to awful game obsession.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Since it received another update just recently, I'll renew my request for an LP of Mushroom Kingdom Fusion (it's not finished yet, but that game has been in development for more than 15 years now, so I'm not sure if I'd recommend waiting for v1.0). The idea behind that game is basically 'How many different game franchises can we turn into Super Mario World levels?", and by this point the answer is "Yes". It's an impressive and very unique thing, kind of a last vestige of the late-2000s era of fangames with their limitless ambition and equally limitless lack of common sense, but it somehow ended up actually working.

Here's the newest trailer, for an impression of how wild this whole thing gets.

amshaeg
Jan 19, 2020
SSLP of Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology for the 3DS. Ideally this would show off all branches before going to the true ending and would show off all the new content.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I know it's early but I'd love to see an LP of The 7th Guest VR Remake after it comes out next month. It looks so good (even without the iconic Robert Hirschboeck) and it's gonna be a looooong time before I can afford to play it. The original was such a huge influence on my tastes growing up and the maze still scares the crap out of me

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MythosDragon posted:

SSLPs of
Project X-Zone 1 and 2

That truly is an insane request, especially a SSLP of 30. That game is Looooooooooong.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Does anyone remember which goon(s) did a vlp of Obduction?

Please don't tell me it was Skippy, who deleted all of his content... :smith:

As for an actual request, I'm gonna suggest Diary of a Spaceport Janitor, a game I do not know much about but it looks really neat

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Sep 17, 2023

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

Please don't tell me it was Skippy, who deleted all of his content... :smith:

As for an actual request, I'm gonna suggest Diary of a Spaceport Janitor, a game I do not know much about but it looks really neat

I don't remember who LPed it but I do remember they didn't finish so it would be good to have a fresh one anyhow.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3832621 videos are still up but yeah, as mentioned it's unfinished.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Mister Facetious posted:

I'll second this. I've tried playing this a few times and either I'm missing something or I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with it.

Edit: I feel like firing this up again, it's been a few years since my last attempt and I really want to know what the hell is going on this game.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 17, 2023

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Would anyone happen to know of a good Armored Core 6 lp?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

MythosDragon posted:

SSLPs of
Project X-Zone 1 and 2

I like these games, but when I play 10 hours and develop severe fatigue to the point I don't touch the games for 5 years, I realize I'm never gonna get far in these games that can go well over 100 hours, so I'm gonna request someone else try to do that while also dealing with the fatigue of LPing these behemoths. I don't actually expect anyone to do so, but SRW fans have scared me with their insanity before...

Moon Dwellers would require a hefty amount of rewriting, I couldn't play it because the script read like it'd been put through a machine translator and just went 'yeah, that'll work'. The font it uses is ugly as hell to boot. It was not a fun game to play at all.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Moon Dwellers would require a hefty amount of rewriting, I couldn't play it because the script read like it'd been put through a machine translator and just went 'yeah, that'll work'. The font it uses is ugly as hell to boot. It was not a fun game to play at all.

Sad, most of asian English I've seen is mostly competent.

Lifroc
May 8, 2020

I have read the entire thread over the past few months... and my thirst for LPs still isn't quenched.

I would appreciate your help and any recommendation of either:

- A Let's Player channel on YouTube that does comprehensive LPs of obscure games, ideally horror but not necessarily.

- World-class, in-depth video LPs. The classic, must-watch ones. I care about getting immersed in the game and lore, rather than the author having a fun personality.

For comparison, my favorite let's player is supergreatfriend, and I'm looking for other series on the level of his Deadly Premonition LP, Siren (my favourite LP of all time), Illbleed.

I also am a massive fan of Research Indicates "Jurassic Park Trespasser" which equally qualifies as a masterpiece.

EDIT: forgot to add the Deus Ex lectures by ThreadbareInc as another good one.

Any other recommendation of that caliber?

Lifroc fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 30, 2023

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Lurker, Sims 3 LPer, Bored College Student
Does anyone know a good video LP of a Super Robot Wars game where commentator is knowledgeable about the topic at hand AND takes the time to explain the mechanics instead of assuming you know everything.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Lifroc posted:

I have read the entire thread over the past few months... and my thirst for LPs still isn't quenched.

I would appreciate your help and any recommendation of either:

- A Let's Player channel on YouTube that does comprehensive LPs of obscure games, ideally horror but not necessarily.

- World-class, in-depth video LPs. The classic, must-watch ones. I care about getting immersed in the game and lore, rather than the author having a fun personality.

For comparison, my favorite let's player is supergreatfriend, and I'm looking for other series on the level of his Deadly Premonition LP, Siren (my favourite LP of all time), Illbleed.

I also am a massive fan of Research Indicates "Jurassic Park Trespasser" which equally qualifies as a masterpiece.

EDIT: forgot to add the Deus Ex lectures by ThreadbareInc as another good one.

Any other recommendation of that caliber?

If you're into the fairly specific niche of 90's adventure games, check out Rocket Baby Dolls. He tries to cover as much of the game as possible (and there's the 'occasional surprise' of a more modern game thrown in).

Since it ticks the horror and relatively obscure boxes, you might also like the Dark Pictures LPs of forums user Jamesman. He's been going through them over the last few years, and will possibly get to the latest one at some point.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

weso12 posted:

Does anyone know a good video LP of a Super Robot Wars game where commentator is knowledgeable about the topic at hand AND takes the time to explain the mechanics instead of assuming you know everything.

Do you care if it's newer or older Super Robot Wars?

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

weso12 posted:

The Time Warriors stream archive is the most comprehensive playthrough of the most recent game that I can recall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtGUh_Yug1I

Hours and hours and hours of discussion regarding every minute game and character detail.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Was watching a video talking about griddler RPGs and The Quest came up for me again. The Quest was a game that I bounced off of hard because there were certain elements to it that sat super uncomfortably to me, but every time I see people give it glowing praise I wonder if I just started in a bad part of it, or if there are other parts that balance out the bits that made me mad, or what. So I'd love to see someone LP this so I can figure out one way or another if it's worth trying again.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Anyone interested in making an Alien Dark Descent LP? You can even do the X Com "make your character" thread engagement thing.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Is there a good Cartel Tycoon LP? Preferably on this website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

MDickie has released a game about school life, Old School.

We needs it.