Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Vahakyla posted:

Please, consider the surroundings. This is like Time's person of the year. The JP is super anti-bibi and their number 2 is Netanyahu. In no way it is an endorsement. It's their "These are jews worldwide you should know about and who influenced things". Their separate list of 25 Visionaries is their separate endorsement way to highlight people they consider good.

https://www.jpost.com/influencers/50jews-23

Read the list your own. It isn't some drat endorsement. Even the placement of Priggy himself gets spot 52 on a list of 50, and he's thrown in there with a funny comment.

The JP has had rightward shift from being openly leftist to becoming center-right, but it isn't some nazi rag. It's anti-Netanyahu and routinely advocates Right to Return for Palestinians, for example.

As a Multiple Awardee of Time's "Person of the Year", ouch, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

bulletsponge13 posted:

As a Multiple Awardee of Time's "Person of the Year", ouch, dude.

Even Hitler himself only nabbed that title once, so I hope you're appropriately ashamed of yourself

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Arc Light posted:

Even Hitler himself only nabbed that title once, so I hope you're appropriately ashamed of yourself

even time realized what a mistake it was to stroke that ego

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Prigozhin was never actually influential. He was a second tier fixer for the Kremlin inner circle who was given Wagner to run and completely hosed up the assignment.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
eh you can make the case that he wasn't influential within russia (wagner's troll farms and payroll of various influential figures notwithstanding) politically, mostly because he functioned as an agent of the status quo, but internationally he was unambiguously effective as a foreign-directed tool wrt russian geopolitical interests

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
June wasn't that long ago. I don't think he could have made it that far without any influence.

InAndOutBrennan
Dec 11, 2008

Hannibal Rex posted:

Warlord in a coma, I know
I know, it's serious

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Here you go. I certainly needed this today, so now you get to enjoy it too.

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1703141969600372954

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

SerthVarnee posted:

Here you go. I certainly needed this today, so now you get to enjoy it too.

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1703141969600372954

Hits right in the feels, every time :3:

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Kadyrov is reportedly now an ex-Kadyrov

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Cimber posted:

Kadyrov is reportedly now an ex-Kadyrov

He also posted a supposed proof-of-life video :shrug:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

He posted two videos, but neither really contained any proof of life identifiers.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

psydude posted:

He posted two videos, but neither really contained any proof of life identifiers.

I'm sure Russia would never deep fake something like this.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Deep fakes look like rear end, they just have a couple of those videos ready to post for situations like this

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
He was in a coma but fell out of a window.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

FrozenVent posted:

He was in a coma but fell out of a window.

Coma coma coma comachameleon

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
These rumors have never panned out, so it's probably for the best to treat them as bunk.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I feel if it was in any way confirmed, conventional news sources would've picked up on it.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1703732450965254485

quote:

Alleged images of the destroyed Russian submarine B-237 #Rostov-on-Don, which was damaged in a Ukrainian attack on September 14, have appeared online.

Speaking of confirmations, I remember some debate over how bad the damage to the Kilo submarine that Ukraine managed to hit was.

I'm not super knowledgeable about submarines, but this does look like the sort of damage that you don't fix in an afternoon.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

PurpleXVI posted:

Speaking of confirmations, I remember some debate over how bad the damage to the Kilo submarine that Ukraine managed to hit was.

I'm not super knowledgeable about submarines, but this does look like the sort of damage that you don't fix in an afternoon.

That looks like one part of the hull was hit and other parts of the hull blew out. The pressure hull has to be a write off, and the internals of that thing have got to be completely wrecked, right?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

That looks like one part of the hull was hit and other parts of the hull blew out. The pressure hull has to be a write off, and the internals of that thing have got to be completely wrecked, right?

Promote that ship ahead of peers (to artificial reef :getin: )

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

A.o.D. posted:

Yeah that looks totaled to me. You’d need to spend a couple years in drydock pulling all the electrical, replacing the hull, and repairing damaged sub-systems. It would be a complete rebuild.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Idgi, aren't subs supposed to sink?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Russia: "We need Crimea because it has a critical naval base, it'll be safe after we annex it!"
Later: "Oh NOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!"

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

A.o.D. posted:

It looks like the side of the hull got hit by a direct impact. How the hell did Ukraine hit it at such a shallow angle in a dry dock

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

psydude posted:

Submarines dive. I mean this one looks like it's going to sink the next time it tries to dive but just in general, there's a difference between diving and sinking

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Well, I think pulling out of the grain deal and harassing shipping was a great success

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The Door Frame posted:

Well, I think pulling out of the grain deal and harassing shipping was a great success

They cannot even defend the naval base they annexed Crimea for.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fragrag posted:

It looks like the side of the hull got hit by a direct impact. How the hell did Ukraine hit it at such a shallow angle in a dry dock

The people who could tell you how the system used works aren't going to tell you lol

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

CommieGIR posted:

I never said that Russia was a beneficiary of the successes in the Black Sea

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Fragrag posted:

Storm shadows are some hot poo poo.

CommieGIR posted:

If only Russia had signed a long term agreement with Ukraine guaranteeing them access to the Sevastopol naval yards.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

psydude posted:

Common misconception. Any ship can sink, subs are supposed to come back up again afterwards.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Common misconception. Any ship can sink, subs are supposed to come back up again afterwards.

That's about as up as ships get

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/21736

I would normally call this dubious, but considering the Mi-8 heist earlier this year...

quote:

Russian Soldiers Are Blowing Up Their Comrades for Cash, Partisans Claim

A Russian soldier working for Ukrainian partisans blew up two trucks full of his comrades at a military base in the Russian-occupied part of Kherson region, partisans have told Kyiv Post.

n exclusive comments to Kyiv Post, an ATESH spokesperson said Russian soldiers are increasingly cooperating with Ukrainian partisans – although not necessarily for ideological reasons.

“The Russians, in turn, agree to cooperate for material benefits and the possibility of leaving for Ukraine and the EU,” the spokesperson said.

And even if it's not true, making the Russians paranoid about their own is funny.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

PurpleXVI posted:

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/21736

I would normally call this dubious, but considering the Mi-8 heist earlier this year...

And even if it's not true, making the Russians paranoid about their own is funny.

I remember hearing similar reports about the Russian soldiers selling out during on of Putin's earlier wars. Chechnya iirc. And specifically selling weapons and ammo to them, which is less important currently. It was mostly blamed on the lovely treatment the soldiers received from their immediate superiors by the reporters. I never got around to verifying things back then.

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.

Flyinglemur posted:

Submarines dive. I mean this one looks like it's going to sink the next time it tries to dive but just in general, there's a difference between diving and sinking

something something carbon fiber something titan sub

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Flyinglemur posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lvs2FzF64o

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

PurpleXVI posted:

The smoke wafting out of the holes leads me to believe that the holes themselves are the least of the problems.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Every ship can dive once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

MrYenko posted:

The smoke wafting out of the holes leads me to believe that the holes themselves are the least of the problems.

Like was said above, that closer hole on the first picture seems to be from insidey explodey bits no longer staying insidey with their desire to become explodey, and I'm betting other not-explodey insidey bits turned into burny bits to make that happen. Not being a Navy guy I can't speak with certainty on the topic but I've been told by a few Navy guys that fire is a bad thing on boats. I imagine this gets a touch worse on submarines.