Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mon Mothra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018
Saw Gamera

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Qui-Go Jira

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
SMG Top 10 Better Endings to Star Wars Episodes 7-9:

1) Maz Katana's behind it all. "I can't believe you trusted me! lol"

2) General machine strike. All the equipment, droids, etc., shutting down in protest of this poo poo. R2D2 walks off the set.

3) Somehow, Palpatine has returned! But he doesn't have any of his resources anymore! I mean, he's been legally dead for 40 years, so it's actually kind of sad.

4) Kylo Ren is fully redeemed, yet remains 'evil'. He now leads way more effectively, crushing the blighted Resistance. "It was foolish to assume that redemption was for me alone."

5) Rey time-travels to the past and becomes Shmii. (I always liked this one.) Last lines of the franchise: "what the gently caress???"

6) In a shocking narrative swerve, the protagonist of Episode 9 is the famous Dex Jettster - coming out of retirement for one last job....

7) The First Order has reigned for ten years, but now the taxation of trade routes in outlying star systems is in dispute - again! Supreme Leader Kylo Ren uses his knowledge of history and the science of Snokism-Vaderism to avert the crisis before it begins, finding an equitable solution and earning widespread praise.

8) Leia's Resistance members are gradually arrested by the Space FBI in a very unmistakable Jan. 6 allegory. Leia insists that she bears no responsibility, and that the whole Resistance thing was a false flag by Antifa. Luke Skywalker's ghost gets perp-walked to the space cruiser.

9) A narrator steps in and acknowledges that it doesn't really matter how this story ends. We instead get an in-universe documentary on the history of Jakku (formerly Tatooine).

10) George Lucas walks in from offscreen, turns to the camera, shrugs.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
the best ending:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgx8eQQPeBc

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Jabba visits Dexs diner. A man wearing a Mandalorians Only jacket sits at the counter. The Jizz band starts playing Don't Stop Believin. Sy Snootles is about to walk through the door. Cut to black.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Like any long-running tv series, Clone Wars has some episodes that are real clunkers.

But when it’s good, it’s *real* good.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I appreciated that Maul got an entire arc to himself leading a crime syndicate

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I was hoping he was gonna snap and wear the hosed up Darth mask
"And he sounded just...like... THIS!"

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

stev posted:

I'm not one to give credit to Colin Trevorrow but he probably would have pulled out something better than TROS.

You can actually read Colin’s script, adapted in comic book form

https://www.awinegarner.com/duel-of-the-fates

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

theblackw0lf posted:

You can actually read Colin’s script, adapted in comic book form

https://www.awinegarner.com/duel-of-the-fates

Dear lord that is an ugly fuckin comic

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Dear lord that is an ugly fuckin comic

Yeah it looks like some very amateur fan thing

edit: which seems to be what this is lol

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

FunkyAl posted:

How about some star wars movies that ignore or contradict the events of previous entries, like godzilla

My brother have you seen Obi-wan??

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

This would have redeemed the ST, IMO. But only if it was narrated by Jar Jar.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

josh04 posted:

My brother have you seen Obi-wan??

No, and here's why: in my head obi wan has a chinatown-style adventure where he is investigating the hutts for retaining moisture.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

FunkyAl posted:

No, and here's why: in my head obi wan has a chinatown-style adventure where he is investigating the hutts for retaining moisture.

Ah that's... yeah that's better. But if you want Star Wars that feels like it fell through a portal from an alternate reality, Obi-wan's your show.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Elias_Maluco posted:

Yeah it looks like some very amateur fan thing

edit: which seems to be what this is lol

Man I'd kill for a proper manga of this thing.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

FunkyAl posted:

I would watch this

"Forget it, Obie. It's-a Tatooine."
Watto, Former Junk-seller and Slave-owner turned Mos Espa Sheriff

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I wanted a preview of what all this thrawn hubbub was about so I checked out
Marvels Star Wars The Last Command
How accurate is it to the books and why is this so bad?
Super duper powered evil Jedi dude out of nowhere just too much power level crap little character development

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Wait is your issue with the Ahsoka series the character of Baylan Skoll of all things?

This thread can be wild to read.

E: My bad, read out of context

Jehde fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 17, 2023

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I think maybe they're referring to Joruus C'baoth? But Marvel didn't do The Last Command, Dark Horse did, so maybe I'm parsing that wrong. If so, then sorry OP, that's on you—reading 90s EU stuff and complaining that it's bad and wrongheaded should not come as a surprise. The more surprising thing is finding something wholly decent.

I don't think anyone would disagree that Baylan is one of the most successful things about Ahsoka, regardless of what you think about the rest of the show. Despite having very little to do and few interesting lines, he's quite the presence.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 17, 2023

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

Isn't there supposed to be a draft somewhere where he gets eaten by a giant space turtle?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Asgerd posted:

Isn't there supposed to be a draft somewhere where he gets eaten by a giant space turtle?

Which has four elephants and a disc shaped world on its back.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

feedmyleg posted:

I think maybe they're referring to Joruus C'baoth? But Marvel didn't do The Last Command, Dark Horse did, so maybe I'm parsing that wrong. If so, then sorry OP, that's on you—reading 90s EU stuff and complaining that it's bad and wrongheaded should not come as a surprise. The more surprising thing is finding something wholly decent.

I don't think anyone would disagree that Baylan is one of the most successful things about Ahsoka, regardless of what you think about the rest of the show. Despite having very little to do and few interesting lines, he's quite the presence.

Well, also, jumping in at the comic book adaptation of the 3rd book of the trilogy

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Which has four elephants and a disc shaped world on its back.

I was about to joke that the Force is just Narrativium but that's plainly canon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Also it clearly shoulda ended with Maz, Dexter Jettster, Jar Jar and Salacious Crumb all doing a musical number. Like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URcvdDtnM_0

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

But those are just hooks without any bait.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

PeterWeller posted:

But those are just hooks without any bait.

The post is the bait you put on the hook to hide it, hence why you usually don't see the hook in the post itself unless they put the bait on wrong

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Vinylshadow posted:

The post is the bait you put on the hook to hide it, hence why you usually don't see the hook in the post itself unless they put the bait on wrong

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/johndilillo/status/1703864725300298222?s=46&t=uiUehxbkNdNcN0PmfZ4Vaw

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

An amusing element is that Disney also taps most of their creatives for a Star Wars project riiiiight as they're about to release the worst thing they've ever made in their career, immediately tarnishing any good will they had.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thor love and thunder came out last year though?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Kart Barfunkel posted:

An amusing element is that Disney also taps most of their creatives for a Star Wars project riiiiight as they're about to release the worst thing they've ever made in their career, immediately tarnishing any good will they had.

Trank, Treverow, Jenkins and soon...

CelticPredator posted:

Thor love and thunder came out last year though?

You must not have heard much about Next Goal Wins.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I actually haven’t lol

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I’d still count Love and Thunder. But his soccer movie seems especially dreadful.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

You honor my honest, if probably dumb opinion.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Vinylshadow posted:

lol

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Lots of people joining Hux in losing the star wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Josh trank got hosed over