Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Endorph posted:

Im assuming thats just because she wasnt done with the art, rather than all the work already being done and them throwing it out
Still doesn't track with the "we're removing her art from the loading screens" bit either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I only just realized this week that you're allowed to pick all your identities and ego for free before starting a mirror dungeon, I'd thought the point of it was that you had to do careful risk assessment with your base IDs going through fights so you could hit rest stops and shops and slowly build your team.

It, uh. It got a lot easier once I realized I was wrong.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

PetraCore posted:

I only just realized this week that you're allowed to pick all your identities and ego for free before starting a mirror dungeon, I'd thought the point of it was that you had to do careful risk assessment with your base IDs going through fights so you could hit rest stops and shops and slowly build your team.

It, uh. It got a lot easier once I realized I was wrong.

In the normal dungeons, yeah. MD2H still requires you to pay 100 Cost per 000 ID even with your starting squad.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Good to know!

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/7031863664249831350?l=english
Update notes:
They're labeling the arrows in RR2 that take you to the Terminus and the ones that take you to the next station.
EGO resistances are being added to the initial in-battle EGO pop up (appreciated), so now using an EGO will be hold open the ego menu, highlight the EGO you want, then apply that EGO to the board, instead of selecting the ego directly applying it to the board.
Molar office are Season 2 IDs and they'll be made available after October 12th.
Charge barrier should work again
I think one of the bug notes says that after a faster Sinner has redirected an attack aimed at a slower Sinner, the slower Sinner should still be able to redirect that same attack, even if the slower Sinner isn't faster than the attack aimed at them.
Enemy info should be mad

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/7031863664249841827?l=english
ID notes for priest Rodion, she's got a lot crap going on, Discard, Insight status which is based off the rank of the skill discarded, Aggro and shield effects, blunt damage up passives, a bunch of coins. Part of me is convinced that she has so few on-hit effects because they would be too much to stuff in there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/7031863664249876068

also they made a longer post. tl;dr

'we promise we didnt fire her, it was all a ruse to attempt to stop people being mad. she left of her own accord. we also didn't translate the posts to try and make people stop being mad. im sorry. im sorry. im trying to delete it.'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at least he actually said 'we failed to protect our employees and even our fanbase and im sorry ' but it still feels like too little too late

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the bit where he goes I WILL HOWEVER RIGHTEOUSLY OWN THE TROLLS and then goes back to crying

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Endorph posted:

also the bit where he goes I WILL HOWEVER RIGHTEOUSLY OWN THE TROLLS and then goes back to crying

wow spoiling rolands entire arc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That being said, https://twitter.com/JCLEE0333/status/1703739230877614580 the head of the union (the real one) did release a statement saying that Project Moon's vowed to take protections against incidents like this happening in the future.

There is also apparently information floating around that Vellmori received two years worth of salary as compensation, but I can't find a source for it. However, if the union's saying she wasn't 'unfairly dismissed,' one can assume that she did get some amount of money.

There's still a lot of question marks here to be clear, they aren't exonerated at all (as someone else mentioned, saying you fired her to get the incel guys to calm down is one thing but the AND YOU WILL NEVER SEE HER ART IN LOADING SCREENS was lol, whether she suggested quitting herself or was 'strongly suggested' to, them not standing up for her at all when the drama first started) but at bare minimum they didnt commit literal crimes. probably. congrats?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yeah, at this point it sounds like they handled actually talking about this extremely badly, and didn't adequately protect employees to begin with, but it was mostly them trying to reduce the damage that was being done and not actually anything illegal (if still frustrating and badly handled).

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019

Endorph posted:

That being said, https://twitter.com/JCLEE0333/status/1703739230877614580 the head of the union (the real one) did release a statement saying that Project Moon's vowed to take protections against incidents like this happening in the future.

There is also apparently information floating around that Vellmori received two years worth of salary as compensation, but I can't find a source for it. However, if the union's saying she wasn't 'unfairly dismissed,' one can assume that she did get some amount of money.

There's still a lot of question marks here to be clear, they aren't exonerated at all (as someone else mentioned, saying you fired her to get the incel guys to calm down is one thing but the AND YOU WILL NEVER SEE HER ART IN LOADING SCREENS was lol, whether she suggested quitting herself or was 'strongly suggested' to, them not standing up for her at all when the drama first started) but at bare minimum they didnt commit literal crimes. probably. congrats?

I've been trying to find a source on the middle part, I've seen reddit posts alluding to it but they all source each other in a very stupid circle. Still, might be enough to make me pick the game back up come the next canto. Unsure I want to deal with the newest railway bullshit.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
So the basic timeline of the last while boils down to...

The union asking KJH/PM to denounce the cyberbullying responsible for the situation. Then PM balks at that, posts the draft as if it's exonerating, and goes knives out with the union, who goes knives out in response because ofc.

Then KJH posts this two days later. GYU chairman looks at it and goes "yep this is essentially what we asked for," posting their draft document as official now. He then forgets to update the date on it, please understand. Suddenly nobody is fighting each other.

this is. I haven't been able to stop laughing because this is just so wildly funny to me. Did these people just spend a week and a half or more just talking past each other..? :rubby:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I think there was an additional point of contention where PM wanted the union to publicly acknowledge that the termination was above board. it sounds like neither party was particularly professional about it which just led to a bunch of slapfighting. like, that union guy was doing meme poses in front of their office or whatever a couple weeks ago like he was really going to get their rear end so its kinda funny to see things deflate so suddenly.

if Vellmori really was compensated that's about the best anyone can hope for out of it

YES bread fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 18, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Project Moon User Association nitwits really shat all over the union's efforts. They're just a random bunch of twitter users so them being entirely unprofessional about it, leaking documents and such, (while also having connections to the union, seemingly) basically put the union in a position where they couldn't really put any pressure on Project Moon without looking unprofessional themselves. Likewise, Project Moon is in a pretty precarious position. So it's no surprise things just blew over in an awkward middle ground. Nobody's really happy, but nobody's really hurt, either.

darkfenrir
Sep 29, 2021
Don't forget that PM themselves are the one who said they fired Vellmori and then now said no they are being vague (fired is vague now I guess) I suppose. I can believe the whole Vellmori being let go is all legal because if there:s anything, companies always have easier time to fire someone unless super strict employment system.

But nonetheless it's funny PM never seem to want to do anything against DCinside people who is the one who starts all.this problem. Especially when they have appeared in the office, y'know?

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

darkfenrir posted:

Don't forget that PM themselves are the one who said they fired Vellmori and then now said no they are being vague (fired is vague now I guess) I suppose. I can believe the whole Vellmori being let go is all legal because if there:s anything, companies always have easier time to fire someone unless super strict employment system.

But nonetheless it's funny PM never seem to want to do anything against DCinside people who is the one who starts all.this problem. Especially when they have appeared in the office, y'know?
Thats where their true hardcore fans are on after all.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
none of this screams "incel pandering" to me, just looks like KJH is all bark/ wants to stay as vague as possible thinking that will keep them out of trouble.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if he was pandering to incels he wouldnt be talking about how 'actually we didnt fire her' or talking about how much he wanted to protect her. even if you think thats just pr fluff and he doesnt mean it itd still make those guys mad at them

again, this isnt high praise, but this has all been too incompetent, all over the place, and mealymouthed for me to think its part of some secret strategy to tell those guys they agree with them.

darkfenrir
Sep 29, 2021
Not incel pandering, more of... why is he not also attacking them when he's attacking everyone else. I just don't understand. >_>

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Endorph posted:

if he was pandering to incels he wouldnt be talking about how 'actually we didnt fire her' or talking about how much he wanted to protect her. even if you think thats just pr fluff and he doesnt mean it itd still make those guys mad at them

again, this isnt high praise, but this has all been too incompetent, all over the place, and mealymouthed for me to think its part of some secret strategy to tell those guys they agree with them.
I mean, he did put out in his orignal statement that they would terminate her and remove her art, including loading screen art. The original statement was a message to DCinside that they were being catered to. They didnt put our overt antifeminist statements but they did clearly communicate that feminism is one of the opinions they will fire you over.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hes also saying now that that entire statement was a lie, though. i dont think telling the incels you were lying to them (and having the union back up that she wasnt fired) is a great plan for making incels like you

also that post never said they were removing her art from the game, it literally said the opposite, that they were keeping it. the bit about loading screen art was saying that the loading screen art is taken from the most recent chapter you've cleared, so if you cleared canto v and then never went back to the earlier chapters (because you'd already 3 star'd all the battles) then her art wouldn't show up in loading screens. none of her art was going to be removed. which again, also doesn't sound like great pandering to incels.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 18, 2023

darkfenrir
Sep 29, 2021

Endorph posted:

hes also saying now that that entire statement was a lie, though. i dont think telling the incels you were lying to them (and having the union back up that she wasnt fired) is a great plan for making incels like you

Truly a 4D movement (i have no idea what he's planning or thinking) (also why the gently caress did he lie then ☠️☠️)

Truly a clusterfuck sequence of events.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

darkfenrir posted:

Truly a 4D movement (i have no idea what he's planning or thinking) (also why the gently caress did he lie then ☠️☠️)
the explanation given is that if they acted like they fired velmori then those guys would leave her alone. and... i guess he just literally didn't think there'd be any blowback from the opposite direction?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

It's frustrating that Project Moon took the most clownshoes approach to trying to calm things down after Vellmori left of her own accord (and apparently got quite a lot of compensation), by implying that Vellmori was at fault for the incident. Hopefully now they'll work on better employee protection, it sounds like they didn't anticipate anything like this happening but like, I feel like it's smart to have procedures and protections and a plan in place before a major incident.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Endorph posted:

hes also saying now that that entire statement was a lie, though.

Did I just entirely miss this part, because I might have to start laughing again.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence."

Then again, "Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Like, I feel like someone with an actual background in PR might have been able to figure out a better statement then 'let's just imply to our Korean audience Vellmori was at fault and hope nobody else notices so they think they won and will leave Vellmori alone to go on to another harassment campaign. This definitely won't upset any Korean players, and nobody else will even notice.'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TeeQueue posted:

Did I just entirely miss this part, because I might have to start laughing again.

'in that process, in order to protect the worker, project moon posted a notice with vague wordings that withheld details of the events.'

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Endorph posted:

'in that process, in order to protect the worker, project moon posted a notice with vague wordings that withheld details of the events.'

What a stupid motherfucker

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
Literally the dumbest poo poo.

Better than it could've been (maybe? Still a lot up in the air) but lol. Lmao even.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

:roflolmao:

I’m done. I’m going to bed. I can’t anymore. What the actual poo poo, how is everyone involved this amazingly absurd. Just a cavalcade of absolute bad decisions all the way down.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they also said they dint post translations of the message in order to 'prevent misunderstandings,' because if there's one thing that prevents misunderstandings, its google translate.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
this time next year we'll all be laughing and slapping our knees about this as we eagerly await 5.5 content

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I mean…it’s Project Moon. They haven’t had the best luck with translators.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

CommunityEdition posted:

I mean…it’s Project Moon. They haven’t had the best luck with translators.

:stonklol:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RandomReader posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/7031863664249841827?l=english
ID notes for priest Rodion, she's got a lot crap going on, Discard, Insight status which is based off the rank of the skill discarded, Aggro and shield effects, blunt damage up passives, a bunch of coins. Part of me is convinced that she has so few on-hit effects because they would be too much to stuff in there.

3-4-4 coins, unique mechanics, has N Meursault's "can't get staggered ever" S1, seems neat. the one weird part is that she has bonuses for Sinking but barely inflicts any herself(though she has Rime Shank), which means she's probably going to hang out with Yi Sang and Ishmael

her skills effects being mostly on-use implies that she'll probably clash like crap though

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also said rear end in a top hat responsible for losing said translator is currently doing victory laps on twitter saying PM won so I'm kinda just realizing this is all that's left in this fandom after the poo poo they pulled.

AntQueen
Sep 28, 2021
Lmao, so what I'm getting from this is the July statement capitulating to the chuds was them trying to publicly do what they wanted while secretly compensating Velmori, but they didn't consider there would be backlash from everyone else? What a clusterfuck. At least their primary crime seems to be staggering levels of incompetence rather then intentionally throwing their employees to the wolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

A new tier of RR2 banner/card deco will apparently come out sometimes in october, the requirements: Finish a 5-cycle RR2 run under 150 turns after Sep 15th, which is roughly 5 turns/fight for par