Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hey guys I think we should start calling Daniel Jones the Duke. So that way we can be like look what the Duke's cooking up or call him el duke like that pitcher once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Le Duc

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I call him Rico Jones cause all he does is drop dimes

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
The Washington game was amazing, our biggest road comeback since 1990

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

First 2-0 start since 2011.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

NattyBo posted:

The Washington game was amazing, our biggest road comeback since 1990

I need a few blowouts, particularly if they are going to competitive this year. I'm not as passionate as I used to be (who is?), but this isn't good for my blood pressure.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Doltos posted:

Hey guys I think we should start calling Daniel Jones the Duke. So that way we can be like look what the Duke's cooking up or call him el duke like that pitcher once

Duke of Hurl

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cartoon Man posted:

Giants look like rear end and the Commanders look like rear end too. Gonna be a long afternoon.
This aged well lmao
Amazing games.

indigi posted:

Logan Thomas is dead (hyperbole)
Concussed by the same guy who cheap shot Jakobi Meyers last week!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The giants have one of the only if not the only 0-60 first six quarters and yet they still won. still lollin.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

yea ok posted:

Dallas Cowboys

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

The giants have one of the only if not the only 0-60 first six quarters and yet they still won. still lollin.

They could win their next 5 games by a touchdown each, be 6-1, and still have a -2 point differential.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
A very good example on why point differential is a stupid rear end stat

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

my guy

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This aged well lmao
Amazing games.

Concussed by the same guy who cheap shot Jakobi Meyers last week!

I’ll never doubt our clownball rear end division again.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Doltos posted:

And then we can start referring to him affectionately by using the diminutive form. Then fans of other teams can compare their QB to Jones by exclaiming, "Awww, he's playing like Dukie!".

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Yudo posted:

I need a few blowouts, particularly if they are going to competitive this year. I'm not as passionate as I used to be (who is?), but this isn't good for my blood pressure.

Honestly, if it wasn't for that janky rear end lucky Hail Mary, it wouldn't have appeared close. We also missed 3 points on a botched snap (guy needs to be cut this week, it's been a problem since preseason and its going to cost us a game eventually)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What was wrong with arryn siposs

Yudo
May 15, 2003

NattyBo posted:

Honestly, if it wasn't for that janky rear end lucky Hail Mary, it wouldn't have appeared close. We also missed 3 points on a botched snap (guy needs to be cut this week, it's been a problem since preseason and its going to cost us a game eventually)

Much much as people are mad about the supposed PI on the 2pt conversion, the pass that set up the hail mary probably wasn't a catch. I wish that had been caught. The long snapper was a loving draft pick, so, uh, lol? What a mess.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

Just not good anymore. He was statistically one of the worst punters last season and struggled to make this year's roster. Can't get much worse really

edit: my bigger concern is Siposs was Elliott's holder, and that seemed to work well

shyduck fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 18, 2023

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

shyduck posted:

Just not good anymore. He was statistically one of the worst punters last season and struggled to make this year's roster. Can't get much worse really

edit: my bigger concern is Siposs was Elliott's holder, and that seemed to work well

It cannot be that hard to find a good holder

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

It cannot be that hard to find a good holder
:romo:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jokes aside probably not

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

beep by grandpa posted:

No punts 2023

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Yudo posted:

Much much as people are mad about the supposed PI on the 2pt conversion, the pass that set up the hail mary probably wasn't a catch. I wish that had been caught. The long snapper was a loving draft pick, so, uh, lol? What a mess.

If I were the Broncos, instead of whining about an non call, I would have simply not blown a 21-3 lead.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

NattyBo posted:

If I were the Broncos, instead of whining about an non call, I would have simply not blown a 21-3 lead.

Well of course, but we are all football fans. It is easier to fixate on a single play than to accept how badly the broncos blew that game. Anyways, I'm happy with all of the forward passes. Little things.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Holy poo poo, the Bears have lost twelve straight games and have failed to hold the opposition under 25 points that whole stretch?

I know it’s not NFCE news, but man.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

They Wrote "Quarterback" on the bottom to remind people

Which is ironic given how few giants fans can read

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

Hey guys I think we should start calling Daniel Jones the Duke.

It works because a)He looks super inbred b) he's done nothing of merit to deserve his fortune

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Didn't get to see Dak v Rogers but had a good time

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

God that stadium is hideous

I’m glad you had a nice time

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

God that stadium is hideous

I’m glad you had a nice time

It is very ugly, but there's not really a bad seat in the house, and when you sit in the nosebleeds, everyone is actually into the game which is cool.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think i'm insane cause I think the new dallas stadium looks cool, but I also think the Rams' Sofi stadium is probably the most beautiful manmade structure I have ever seen in my entire life, I want to go there bad (they look like they came from space)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

beep by grandpa posted:

I think i'm insane cause I think the new dallas stadium looks cool, but I also think the Rams' Sofi stadium is probably the most beautiful manmade structure I have ever seen in my entire life, I want to go there bad (they look like they came from space)

There are parts of the Cowboys stadium that still look good

There are also parts that look like it was made in 2008. Aesthetic stuff, not necessarily shoddy construction.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Did they ever do anything about the sun glare coming in from the west end in late afternoon games?

Hang up some giant curtains, or something?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

MrMojok posted:

Did they ever do anything about the sun glare coming in from the west end in late afternoon games?

Jerry's still in negotiations to try and get the sun to relocate but it isn't going well.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MrMojok posted:

There are already curtains. You'll see them used for concerts and literally every event except for football.

Jerry Jones hates his own team and their eyeballs.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

MrMojok posted:

This is a very consistent topic of local sports radio. Jerry has a number of solutions that can be done and has instead chosen to to just ignore the situation. Keep in mind the orientation of the stadium is unique among football stadiums. It was also oriented this way to maximize parking. It has affected the play on the field for years and will take league intervention at this point. Jerry doesn't even care when it has caused errors for his team. He has flat out refused to publicly acknowledge it.

Rumor is that he has dictated to all NFL broadcasters that they aren't allowed to mention it either.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Doesn’t it get mentioned in broadcasts with especially bad glare?

It blows my mind that they can do something about it and choose not to.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Spacebump posted:

Doesn’t it get mentioned in broadcasts with especially bad glare?

It blows my mind that they can do something about it and choose not to.

Home. Field. Advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Reminder that the crown at Texas Stadium was so extreme that someone laying on opposing sidelines could not see each other. There was a two foot drop from the middle of the field to the sidelines on either side. It was nuts, and I'm not sure if any field today is that high.