Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

It's never the anthem. It's America The Beautiful because Vince prefers it lol.

And yes they do. It's an excuse to bring ~someone famous~ in.

i just assumed america had a few different anthems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It probably starts with the national anthem of Saudi Arabia, in my opinion.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dango Bango posted:

Sometimes it is the anthem. Like in the DX Band video we're all talking about.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
America the beautiful is better than the national anthem. National anthem sucks rear end.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Agreed.

But if we’re being serious, it should be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5BL4RNFr58

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Agreed.

But if we’re being serious, it should be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5BL4RNFr58

That's MY national anthem alright.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Sometimes it is the anthem. Like in the DX Band video we're all talking about.

"The twilight's last GLEAM...MIIIING" gets me every time.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

americuhhhh... AMERICUHHHHHH

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Suplex Liberace posted:

i just assumed america had a few different anthems

no one knows the words to any of them anyway.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Lumbermouth posted:

Probably Cameron Grimes, he finally figured out character work and WWE proceeded to not do anything with him.

I don't really pay attention to Smackdown, but had to look this up...

Grimes was regularly featured in NXT up until September 2022. Then it looks like he got a match on Main Event against Tozawa and pretty much didn't do anything in NXT for the next 5 months.

Then Grimes gets a dark match on Smackdown in Feb 2023. Does nothing for 3 more months.

Gets drafted to Smackdown on May 1st 2023. Gets a win over Corbin on May 12th in his first televised match in 7 months. Then a win over some Hit Row guy the next week. WWE then does nothing with him for another month.

Randomly put into a Fatal 4 Way on Smackdown in June to eat a pin for Mysterio to become the US Title #1 Contender. Does nothing for another month until being randomly put in the Summerslam Battle Royal.

Why do they bring these people up to the main roster and then do nothing with them?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Astro7x posted:

I don't really pay attention to Smackdown, but had to look this up...

Grimes was regularly featured in NXT up until September 2022. Then it looks like he got a match on Main Event against Tozawa and pretty much didn't do anything in NXT for the next 5 months.

Then Grimes gets a dark match on Smackdown in Feb 2023. Does nothing for 3 more months.

Gets drafted to Smackdown on May 1st 2023. Gets a win over Corbin on May 12th in his first televised match in 7 months. Then a win over some Hit Row guy the next week. WWE then does nothing with him for another month.

Randomly put into a Fatal 4 Way on Smackdown in June to eat a pin for Mysterio to become the US Title #1 Contender. Does nothing for another month until being randomly put in the Summerslam Battle Royal.

Why do they bring these people up to the main roster and then do nothing with them?

You think that's funny, you should look up Apollo Crews. Guy gets called up from NXT (after being sent down there from the main roster), celebrates like he just won the lottery, has about 8 minutes in singles matches on Raw since then.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

no one knows the words to any of them anyway.

I trust this has already been posted in the true anthem discussion.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's amazing how much Raw and Smackdown are just the same 12 guys wrestling each other in different combinations every week

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Joey McChrist posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

It's amazing how much Raw and Smackdown are just the same 12 guys wrestling each other in different combinations every week

AEW collision was this until last week

bartok
May 10, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

gently caress! I actually agree with Vince that it’s the better song.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

You think that's funny, you should look up Apollo Crews. Guy gets called up from NXT (after being sent down there from the main roster), celebrates like he just won the lottery, has about 8 minutes in singles matches on Raw since then.

Was this before or after his kony 2012 african warlord gimmick

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Was this before or after his kony 2012 african warlord gimmick

After, he went to NXT and started doing a momento gimmick and then feuded with the champion in an angle involving them going to a diner and then going fishing.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Rudy Giuliani:

Joey McChrist posted:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Joey McChrist posted:

This is yoooooooouuuu

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Astro7x posted:

Because their roster is too big for how they like to run their shows and there's no space for anyone new

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Pylons posted:

After, he went to NXT and started doing a momento gimmick and then feuded with the champion in an angle involving them going to a diner and then going fishing.

Like an amnesia gimmick? How does that even work?

"John C beat you and took your title. Don't believe his lies."

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It was more like a That's So Raven gimmick since he was seeing stuff before it happened, iirc

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Rarity posted:

Again, I’m wondering how deep the cuts will be when TKO figures that out lol

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

America The Beautiful being way better is the only good opinion Vince has.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Wild that HHH went on a re-hiring spree after he took over and then proceeded to do nothing with any of those people and instead just runs through every possible combination of Judgement Day vs Kevin/Sami/Whoever Their Third Friend Is This Week for the next year

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Drakkel posted:

Wild that HHH went on a re-hiring spree after he took over and then proceeded to do nothing with any of those people and instead just runs through every possible combination of Judgement Day vs Kevin/Sami/Whoever Their Third Friend Is This Week for the next year

Booker of the year

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Just going by the Vince Playbook.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Drakkel posted:

Worked for the Shield.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Grendels Dad posted:

Worked for the Shield.

Dom and Damien Priest aren't the Top 3 on the PWI 500

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drakkel posted:

Let him cook

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Let him cook

Considering his heart history, he should be cooking less

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

Fightful Select has confirmed the following WWE tryout names, first reported by Bodyslam.net

Copeland Barbee

Davey Gold- of Monster Factory

Jay Malachi- AEW Dark veteran

Richard Holliday- MLW Vet

Brogan Finlay- Fit Finlay's son

Jamie Stanley- Wrestler and NWA Ref

Ray Jaz- AEW Dark/MLW alumni

Damaris Largo

HollyHood Haley J- OVW's The Wrestlers, WOW

Kelsey Hornack

Valentina Rossi- AEW Dark alumni

Madi Wrenkowski- NWA wrestler

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dick Holliday, let’s gooooooooooo.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What’s the difference between a dark veteran and a dark alumni

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Doesn't Haley J have a really problematic gimmick?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the biggest loss with jade is that we had wrestlers with names that were blue and green and red and now we dont. we need chelsea green back

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I expect Valentina will get signed. I hope Holliday does too, he has been through a lot.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Jay Malachi rules and I hope he has a very successful career but I hope his future doesn't involve getting buried with a poo poo gimmick in NXT until they decide they have nothing for him (because he doesn't have action figure proportions)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pylons posted:

Doesn't Haley J have a really problematic gimmick?

I dunno, do they