Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Vaginaface posted:

Opulent western minds cannot process the superior sub-submariner

Much like the noble sea cucumber, Russian subs cunningly vomit their insides out as a defensive measure when threatened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/osinttechnical/status/1703891181279613318?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Must go faster

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

That's like one of those nature clips where you see a bear or a moose at full sprint being just amazed how fast something so stupidly heavy and large can go.

Except it's armored and has a giant gun.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

gay picnic defence posted:

Much like the noble sea cucumber, Russian subs cunningly vomit their insides out as a defensive measure when threatened.

Sea Сукаmber

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Vaginaface posted:

Sea Сукаmber

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/JayinKyiv/status/1703870446112792789
One more time

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Another mighty Russian vessel promoted to submarine

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In my personal, non-professional opinion, I think this is not going great for the ol' motherland

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

That boat was like 3 years of effort for 6 years of life

It's irreplaceable.

Russia knows it. All of this stuff is completely irreplaceable.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Shinjobi posted:

In my personal, non-professional opinion, I think this is not going great for the ol' motherland

How dare you! Glorifious RASSHIA from which all the manliness flows will simply sail the black sea on our massive wieners!

You have won nothing SUKA!

*poo poo Tankies and chuds actually believe*

I'm real tired of pretending this pathetic keystone cops farce of a nation state and that farce of a party that is the GOP, and the farce of the tankie garbage "online left", and that farce that is that cruel Mockery of a human being that is that Innsmouth inbred motherfucker Elon Musk are in any way legitimate

Like what the gently caress is the breaking point for liberal civility politics with dumbfuck fascists and smooth brain, room temperature IQ enablers, conmen, and glue eaters supporting them?

Because gently caress them. They are absolutely pathetic, and we as a global community have to decide once and for all to say enough is enough of these missing links in evolutionary regression and kick their asses out, everywhere. Mock them, ridicule them, humiliate them, just make them crawl back into the primordial soup and utterly shut the gently caress up already!

Sorry for the rant, but gently caress me am I sick of at least 15 years of Civility politics enabling this dumb slow rolling fascist takeover of the Earth by clowns who couldn't figure out the meaning of the Cat and the Hat.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 19, 2023

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

That boat was two weeks away from retirement

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
How many of the Black Sea Fleet has Ukraine damaged or sink? I can think of 10 off of the top of my head, this is nuts a nation with no navy is clowning them

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

yeah in Feb 2022 I bet “naval commission in the Black Sea” was looking like a pretty straightforward gig, but here we are

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

That poster clarifies in a reply that it's claimed to be damaged, not sunk. https://twitter.com/JayinKyiv/status/1703906322293412078?s=20

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ought ten posted:

That poster clarifies in a reply that it's claimed to be damaged, not sunk. https://twitter.com/JayinKyiv/status/1703906322293412078?s=20

It may as well be, the Sevastopol drydock's not so safe these days for the Black Sea Fleet...

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Yeah I don't think it makes any functional difference, that ship's not doing anything useful for Russia anytime soon

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I guess you're in a real pickle if you're a Russian warship in the Black Sea or in the Azov. A real pickle.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

TulliusCicero posted:

Sorry for the rant, but gently caress me am I sick of at least 15 years of Civility politics enabling this dumb slow rolling fascist takeover of the Earth by clowns who couldn't figure out the meaning of the Cat and the Hat.
The bad news is there is no way to stop them from taking over because there is functionally no real resistance thanks to decorum, the good news is they will absolutely gently caress every possible thing up so badly they will be thrown out of power. It just might take, you know, 20 years. Then hopefully we get another few generations who remember not to let fascists take power

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

All the stupid westerners don't get it. Why do we need Crimea if we don't have a navy? OWNED it's not that important

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

The Russians should probably go put that in a dry dock to repair it.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Ukrainian War: lol Everytime Mighty Russia Loses Another Ship

Furthermore, lmao

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
[looking at the ships] I am going to gently caress the ships.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

It does seem crazy that this is the thing that's hitting Russia so God drat hard. I mean it is like a national morning right now for all these ships because even though they don't give a poo poo about men. The Russian deep down nose that the Black Sea fleet represents its ability to actually stand up to the west. I think I said it earlier and I'll say it again every time there's a conflict involving Russia and one of its allies for example syria. They go and shoot the black fleet down there and start buzzing us carrier groups and threatening to use nukes and all this other bullshit. It is literally there one in the process of losing their one stick. And unfortunately there's no stick as good as that one.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It does seem crazy that this is the thing that's hitting Russia so God drat hard. I mean it is like a national morning right now for all these ships because even though they don't give a poo poo about men. The Russian deep down nose that the Black Sea fleet represents its ability to actually stand up to the west. I think I said it earlier and I'll say it again every time there's a conflict involving Russia and one of its allies for example syria. They go and shoot the black fleet down there and start buzzing us carrier groups and threatening to use nukes and all this other bullshit. It is literally there one in the process of losing their one stick. And unfortunately there's no stick as good as that one.

Ships don't ask for fish blocks or KIA compensation so of course they're mourning them over soldiers OP.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Are the port facilities at Novorossiysk good enough to repair the BSF ships? If not they would have to tow the ships to another dry dock out of the Black Sea making them functionally useless for the rest of the war, if they can be repaired. Or Novorossiysk can repair everything that will take years at this point, excluding ships that haven't been damaged and need maintenance.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Budzilla posted:

Are the port facilities at Novorossiysk good enough to repair the BSF ships? If not they would have to tow the ships to another dry dock out of the Black Sea making them functionally useless for the rest of the war, if they can be repaired. Or Novorossiysk can repair everything that will take years at this point, excluding ships that haven't been damaged and need maintenance.

Maintenance? :confused:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Too bad the drydock appears to be occupied at the moment.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Nah, there are two more drydocks available to plug ships into and turn them into immobile targets. What could happen?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Board Bowser's Sub is the first mission of Dire, Dire Docks in Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 64 DS.

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Is the Black Sea Fleet going to be a functional unit by the end of the year?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

JustCallMeDC posted:

Is the Black Sea Fleet going to be a functional unit by the end of the year?

Absolutely. Not a Russian unit, though.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
Ukraine War: scorching across the drydick

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
The thing that I don't get is how all these sorts of idiots still happily carry water for a country that's just taking L after L after L. Surely not all of them are being paid to be useful idiots.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Sashimi posted:

The thing that I don't get is how all these sorts of idiots still happily carry water for a country that's just taking L after L after L. Surely not all of them are being paid to be useful idiots.

Because that would be admitting you're wrong OP.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Or worse yet, some aspects of your world view don't match with objective reality. Which is unthinkable.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 19, 2023

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
You monsters, that boat was just about to get some major anti-air defences installed.
It was two days away from en-tirement.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Karma Comedian posted:

Another mighty Russian vessel promoted to submarine

Ukrainians giving the Russians a new submarine to replace the one they destroyed.

RFC
Nov 3, 2002

Toxic Mental posted:

Russian generals are playing too much Subnautica, not playing enough World of Tanks. But who can blame them, really.

World of Warships has submarines though.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
Looks like the damaged ship was kind of a big deal, since they were looking to sell those to other nations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_22160_patrol_ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yeah musk said that destroying the black feet would be like Pearl harbor for the russians. I mean honestly that's not far off. I don't know that they would do any nuclear response like the bullshit he was saying for his reasoning behind turning off star link. But overall that statement is fairly true that they see the black fleet as their sole ability to project naval power and the loss would have achieved what the Japanese hoped to achieve