Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

29:00 Argate... they're not dropping a lot of bolts because you're supposed to be using the bolt thrower here, they're dropping bolts because you ARE using the bolt thrower here. Bolts are retrievable if you don't turn them into explosives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I swear I’ve gotten bolt drops here when I wasn’t using the bolt thrower!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ChaosArgate posted:

I swear I’ve gotten bolt drops here when I wasn’t using the bolt thrower!

There's a few on tables, but I don't think they drop as random loot. Just placed or crafted from knives.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

liquidypoo posted:

Not pictured: all of the Plagas waiting to burst out of that bubble. Come to think of it, I could swear there's a Simpsons joke about gum filled with spider eggs, and that imagery is coming to mind. Just, you know, Plagas instead of spiders.

Why must you pour fuel on my nightmares? I've already had one horrible spider dream recently. I don't need to mix head bursting spaghetti bugs in with that!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
RE games sure like using shadows on taxidermy heads. They did make some of them move in other games.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Trying to connect the dots from point A to point B is hard! Especially on the first editing pass, the commentary pass and then the second editing pass!!

Remember that time we nearly lost a whole video's worth of commentary because my computer crashed right at the end? That was fun.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
One Resident Evil remake game that remembers you can use showers on a boss to weaken it.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

You mentioned Predator vision; in the first film, and only in the first film afaik, the Predator does actually see in red, but only with its mask off.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I want to thank you for providing the quintessential RE4 experience by showing the things that were changed/removed around where they would have happened.

I can't believe they took out Leon's best lines!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Shei-kun posted:

I want to thank you for providing the quintessential RE4 experience by showing the things that were changed/removed around where they would have happened.

I can't believe they took out Leon's best lines!

I wanted to do this with RE3R too but I never got around to actually finishing OGRE3, haha. I also did the compare/contrast thing with Yakuza Kiwami 2 as well, just because I thought it'd be kinda fun to show off some little differences here and there with that remake!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What happens if you use a flashbang on a Gigante when the tentacles are out?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh, that's funny about the speed boost charm. I know I've heard about the Striker glitch before, but it wasn't in my mind enough to make the connection. I like the charm, it's just a small buff, but it's a nice little edge to have on constantly.

Also, yeah, the armored gigante is definitely the same one. A neat little touch I didn't notice the first time through is that its armor shows the damage you gave it by blasting it in the face with a cannon.
First appearance:

Cannoned!:

This time around:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
On Luis, I imagine instead that he saw the old Don Coyote and Sancho Panda cartoons.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
As someone who actually read Don Quixote in high school, I nearly bust a gut laughing at the references.

The thing to know about Don Quixote is he was so insanely wrapped in his own imaginary world that he actually convinced Sancho Panza to leave his life at home and come with him - and, no joke, they met up with Robin Hood and his gang at one point, who not only refused to do them harm, but threw them a party because they'd all heard the tales of this hilarious madman and just speaking with him for a minute gave them even more funny stories than what they'd heard.

Like, at first, everyone was worried about him, but eventually most of Europe went "This dude's hilarious." Except, ah, his family and neighbors back home. One of his neighbors got actual armor to chase him down but couldn't defeat him.

The story ends with him back at home, recovered from his madness, and basically dying a sad man in his bed who regretted causing everyone problems. Kind of a downer ending, but the rest of it is pretty good comedy.

And yes, the book is in fact where tilting at windmills comes from, because he refuses to believe a farmer who tells him "those are windmills that we use to grind wheat into flour" and charges at it with a lance on his very old horse. The windmill wins by flinging him into the air because, well, inertia's a thing.

Other highlights include an island city giving Sancho Panza a "governorship" as a joke that the whole island was in on, only to be surprised when he actually did a fairly decent job resolving disputes and being genuinely sad when he left to travel with Don Quixote again.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Grandia had a better minecart sequence.

I see why there are many games where the bad guy shows up and has his goons fight for him. This fight was an introduction to using the knife in close quarters. It is underwhelming.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Between 15 and about 25 seconds there is some piece of pipe that looks like a top hat lying on the floor.

So in the OG RE4, Louis' death comes much sooner. Also, Leon has another classic line, crying out, but mispronouncing his name as "Lewis".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Shei-kun posted:

The story ends with him back at home, recovered from his madness, and basically dying a sad man in his bed who regretted causing everyone problems. Kind of a downer ending, but the rest of it is pretty good comedy.

Better than the stage play and film where he's dragged off and tortured by the Inquisition.

edit:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 12, 2023

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Also, how did you go through a minecart sequence, including a bit where you jump over a gap, and not mention Temple of Doom?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think the only thing left for OG is the Island, Krauser's obstacle course, and final push to Saddler.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1702430240897970508

You know, just last night we were literally trying to figure out what to do in a month or so when we finish the campaign. :v:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The Separate Ways DLC is coming out next week on the 21st, as I recall you lot talking about it a couple of videos back.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1702430240897970508

efb, so much for forgetting to press post. :v:

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

You know, just last night we were literally trying to figure out what to do in a month or so when we finish the campaign. :v:

Ada's gameplay looks pretty sick at least.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
For a second there I thought Ada was strangling the Gigante.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Pretty funny how much discussion there was in today's video about whether or not there'd be DLC, watching it just a little bit after I saw the announcement on the main RE thread. Of course I've gotta grab it day one, but I'll be excited to see it if you all play through on here.

Also, that scaffolding death is one of my favorite new contextual ones, I had a big laugh when I did it my first time through. The game totally got me when the platform started collapsing because I was in a rush, I instantly went "gotta get off this thing fast", and, well, I guess I kinda did? :rip:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Sorry, Leon. I won't be impressed with your suplexes until you start doing it to ghost automobiles

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I really hope the wider internet won't be bitching about Ada's VA in Seperate Ways like before, that whole thing was just a horrible toxic mess.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Fortunately, people are rarely toxic on the internet about video games and women.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Judge Tesla posted:

I really hope the wider internet won't be bitching about Ada's VA in Seperate Ways like before, that whole thing was just a horrible toxic mess.
Good thing I limit all my discussions of the game to the Steam forum.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Sorry, Leon. I won't be impressed with your suplexes until you start doing it to ghost automobiles

:hmmyes:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Judge Tesla posted:

Doubtful. They’ve got an entire narrative for which complaining about her is an important part of.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I love this update starts with a reminder that the game was definitely made in Japan and ends with a tiny man threatening to suck all of your orifices.

It's 2023, that's not the threat it used to be.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They certainly have some new things to play with. Lucas would just get a bunch of guns together and lure you up a path.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

the guy at 20:02 :magical:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

EDIT: Removed per request

Sorry, didn't think about that.

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 19, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Potential spoilers deleted :ssh:

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hey let's put the DLC trailer on hold for this thread, we're only starting the last act now!