Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Artix posted:

I did not expect Danny Coulombe to be a surprise entrant in the game but here we are!

I was JUST checking his game log and thinking "wow there goes the 7th" and boom Abreu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Why the gently caress is Tucker bunting

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Danny has given up some of the softest contact in the league this year so it is genuinely surprising, but the damage is done so here we go again :shepface:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
dusty gonna leave montero in for a second inning

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

This game is good...playoff feel

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Do not even ask posted:

montero all about the GOMS

I'd be all about letting GOMS have him. For free

Let him GOMS from far away from us

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

This game is good...playoff feel

nice that we'll get to experience at least one game with a playoff feel this season

and hopefully if the astros do back their way into the playoffs and end up facing the o's dusty won't use loving montero in close games

reminder that last year stanek was by far our best bullpen arm and got 3 total innings in 13 games in the playoffs. dusty really does try to lose. the team was just too good last year for him to succeed

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

nice that we'll get to experience at least one game with a playoff feel this season

and hopefully if the astros do back their way into the playoffs and end up facing the o's dusty won't use loving montero in close games

reminder that last year stanek was by far our best bullpen arm and got 3 total innings in 13 games in the playoffs. dusty really does try to lose. the team was just too good last year for him to succeed

Agree with Dusty. He's a decent guy but it's time to go. Kinda wish we had Bochy tbh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Agree with Dusty. He's a decent guy but it's time to go. Kinda wish we had Bochy tbh

he got his ring. that should have been it

...!
Oct 5, 2003

When GOMS misses the playoffs this season it'll be no thanks to Dusty

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

Caballero bombs one!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Doctor Skeleton posted:

Caballero bombs one!

This is a lie

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

rangers lose and cabby homers to quadruple the ms season ER against jp sears

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Wanted Abreu here....

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Wow nice AB there

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

god I was so nervous

unfortunately the top of the order is up now for maldy to call pitches down the pipe against

...!
Oct 5, 2003

NERIS

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol neris tried to throw the ball to maldy and gunnar caught it because he was so far off

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

NERIS DOES IT

wow

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Gunnar baby, you've been money tonight but that was right down the middle at the knees, you can't take that pitch on 2 strikes. :negative:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Neris proves me wrong

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
big balls on that pitch

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Artix posted:

Gunnar baby, you've been money tonight but that was right down the middle at the knees, you can't take that pitch on 2 strikes. :negative:

All but one pitch to him was a splitter before that last fastball, I can understand it

e: Henderson has now seen 11 pitches from Neris in his career and 9 of them were splitters

...!
Oct 5, 2003

That's why you use Neris in key situations, not Montero

I'm less mad at Dusty for using Montero now that we know Abreu is injured. Dusty didn't really have anyone else to use

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Keep Maldy in, Dusty

...! fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 19, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

...! posted:

Dusty better put in Yainer for Maldy this inning

spoiler: Dusty didn't put Yainer in

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Should have put in Uncle Mike for Dubon too

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

AHAHAHA MALDY DONG

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

a maldy homer?!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

MALDY

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Alright, I gotta work tomorrow, let's do it again tomorrow Stro posters.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
lol really

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Shows what I know, good call Dusty

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

...! posted:

Dusty better put in Yainer for Maldy this inning

Eat some crow

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Artix posted:

This game was a must win with JV on the mound. The next 2 heavily favor your excellent team. Huge fan of the O's

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Artix posted:

nice to have some normal banter without anyone getting salty or personal about stuff (except at our own teams)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Eat some crow

Wow, what a misquote

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

This game was a must win with JV on the mound. The next 2 heavily favor your excellent team. Huge fan of the O's

hmm let's see

Hunter Brown
Cristian Javier

*tugs collar*

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Honestly I'm amazed we were ahead against Verlander given how hard the kids were partying last night, but it seems like maybe the bullpen partied a bit too much. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

hmm let's see

Hunter Brown
Cristian Javier

*tugs collar*

Urquidy needs to replace one of them. Another dumb decision