Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
previous page : website created!!

https://usgoonfund.com/

are you supposed to be able to donate through the website? Or continue donating as normal?

shot $50 through paypal.

e- appreciate the informative post about what's going on with the Org. I know absolutely nothing about creating 501c3 charities, and hopefully you got some peeps on your side that know some more about it.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

vortmax posted:

This is particularly relevant to me being diabetic and checking for retinal damage. There's an optional service not covered by my health insurance (for being diabetic) that takes images of my retinas to track any damage. It's gone from $20/yr to $30/yr. I think it's worth it, and I pay for it, but it shouldn't cost extra. And so far my eyes aren't showing any damage from the diabeetus which makes me happy.

Again I am extremely lucky to have insurance through the ACA (Obamacare) that covers the exam for free.

Thanks for all the suggestions to get cheaper spectacles too; I'll check them out if local sources like Success Vision Express don't work.

I am pretty sure that this isn't the point of this thread, but, yeah get your eyes checked out. I'm blind as poo poo without my glasses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woLbaFLoJI8
that corpse in the coffin, that is me

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Came into a bit of money and forwarded some of it on.

How's the Stripe poo poo working out? Are they still being dicks?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Elviscat posted:

Came into a bit of money and forwarded some of it on.

How's the Stripe poo poo working out? Are they still being dicks?

Yes, so what you sent helps greatly!!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

the donate link for the various apps each just take me to the app store. what's the @

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

OMGVBFLOL posted:

the donate link for the various apps each just take me to the app store. what's the @

Venmo:

Cashapp:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

thanks. i figured that was the case but i wanted to be sure before i fired money into the void

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

OMGVBFLOL posted:

thanks. i figured that was the case but i wanted to be sure before i fired money into the void

for sure donate to correct Goon Fund.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

What's the rules on repeat requests? Once a month or less? I just had another drat emergency pop up and might could use some help real soon.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

copying this over from the cspam thread:

quote:

This is in reply to email I sent about 5 hours ago asking for an update after 2 weeks of silence on their end. I feel like an idiot for not following up with them sooner since its very clear they just forgot, but last time I contacted them they seemed to admonish me for not having patience with them. Whatever, this lifts a tremendous stress off us now. We currently have $2,300 sitting with stripe that we should have by Tuesday, maybe Wednesday. If you have a request pending with us and your deadline is before then, please let us know if it can wait a couple days since we are running on fumes right now. Some requests with deadlines before we get the funds may also only get partials with more money coming later in the week.

A massive shout out to the couple of people who donated about $3000 to us through venmo during August who basically kept us from having to pause all payments after Stripe cut us off.

McSpanky posted:

What's the rules on repeat requests? Once a month or less? I just had another drat emergency pop up and might could use some help real soon.

You can make as many as you need, but once you hit our current cap ($125 every four weeks) we are unlikely to give out more unless its a food emergency.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
we need to replace our old people with newer old people imo
these old old people are getting too drat old

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love this

I love goons

I love mutual aid

I love shitposting

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I love this

I love goons

I love mutual aid

I love shitposting

:hmmyes:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 18, 2023

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
e: meh

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 18, 2023

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Crossposting for the people allergic to CSPAM

kingcobweb posted:

Got a letter from the IRS that we are an official 501c3, effective March 8 2023!!!

mods, please update the title to say now federally approved

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
:toot:

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

really queer Christmas posted:

:peanut:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

the federal government granting an official special tax status to a bunch of middle aged turbonerds to help out other turbonerds fallen on hard times is for some reason really funny to me. The same government that orchestrated the 1953 Iranian coup d'état has recognized the dead gay forum help fund. what

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Congratulations!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

cross postin

AUGUST 2023 FINANCIALS

Apologies for the delay in posting this, I was on hiatus for the first 10 days or so of the month and then needed some time to get back into the groove. Anyway, key notes - that $600 to the Feds looks a lot better now with the :siren: OFFICIAL 501(c)(3) APPROVAL!!! :siren: The recurring donations are almost to about $3K a month (It's currently at $2,790 so we've gained an extra $100 a month since August), which is very good news - makes the fund more likely to be sustainable for the future.

It's hard to remember now but August was actually quite dire for the fund since Stripe cut us off from payouts for 2 weeks. It was a genuine miracle that we got saved from a couple people giving us about $1,600 through venmo that let us continue operating past the point of fumes. Very very glad to have that in the rear view mirror. We ended the month with quite a bit in reserve, but we doled it out pretty quick in the first week - about a thousand was sent just from the 1st to the 5th. We are currently sitting on about $1,300 in cash, which is going to drop quickly as we have received quite a few requests in the past couple days that we will be fulfilling shortly. We still do have nothing in any of our other accounts (venmo, cashapp, paypal) so if you'd been sitting on making a donation to one of those accounts - now's the time!

Just a heads up for people - November is election time for the fund. That's when the membership body gets the chance to amend the constitution of the fund and vote for new committee members. The committee/board will be meeting sometime next month in preparation for the elections. We will have more information for everyone next month so be on the lookout for that.

Also as an update to the last announcement, it only took me about 3 hours not 5 hours to do the filing. KCW was thankfully there to correct the record ™ and dock me for my time theft.

Mr Lanternfly
Jun 26, 2023
Happy to contribute to the recurring funds. :homebrew: Hope it gets good people out of bad spots.

Mr Lanternfly fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 21, 2023

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

what's that thing some cultures do where when someone grows a real big fat bull or hunts a really good kill and everyone's gonna eat well and everyone gives the farmer/hunter a bunch of subtle grief about how meager the meat will be so he doesnt let it go to his head

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Cactus Ghost posted:

what's that thing some cultures do where when someone grows a real big fat bull or hunts a really good kill and everyone's gonna eat well and everyone gives the farmer/hunter a bunch of subtle grief about how meager the meat will be so he doesnt let it go to his head

It's called being a hater, cultural universal

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Tall poppy syndrome.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

Tall poppy syndrome.

the peak poppy era of this forum was like 2005 and it happened in TCC

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Mr Lanternfly posted:

Happy to contribute to the recurring funds. :homebrew: Hope it gets good people out of bad spots.

You prolly donated after I asked for something but thank you, check to check sucks, then you have a flat, then the dogs puking, then the 7 year old has a school BBQ with all her friends thing and the 3 year old has shots and you’re hoping medi-cal will cover his inhaler/check up

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I put a call out for support in CSPAM yesterday and I'd like to do the same in GBS. We have about $400 in our bank account, and I just emptied our venmo account on a request. Any aid you can give to us through Stripe, venmo, cashapp, or paypal would be greatly appreciated!! Remember, if you make enough money its even tax deductible now!!!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

im assuming gbs is to thank for the $500, and if so - big big thanks! We just took care of 4 people and have $150 left over!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

im assuming gbs is to thank for the $500, and if so - big big thanks! We just took care of 4 people and have $150 left over!

can't argue with that

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
i'm bias because I hardly venture outside of GBS. If I do, it's PYF, which is just GBS condensed.

What I'm trying to say is GBS is the best.

fight me.

I'm currently near-broke, with a payday on Friday. But the gov't shutdown might just eff me in the A.
But I'm contributing again once all that poo poo is sorted.

And, honestly, I'll be fine, as long as a furlough doesn't drag into Months (not likely). But people that rely on WIC and other gov't aid could be poo poo out of luck. Donate if you're able, friends.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 26, 2023

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I put in a request just now to help with utilities because it’s been a rough few weeks but I worry that I might have received an error. Just wanted to check, if possible.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
I'd love to help, but I lost my job and am going into rehab.

I'd like to think that my contributions in both this thread and its predecessor helped some Goons. Maybe not, since I was one of the guys who got fleeced in the past thread, but I would still do it again in a second.

Stay safe, y'all. And keep being awesome for each other.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

omg chael crash posted:

I put in a request just now to help with utilities because it’s been a rough few weeks but I worry that I might have received an error. Just wanted to check, if possible.

Your request is in with no issues. for the future, you can also email us if you have any issues with requests so you don't have to post publicly.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Okay, sorry — didn’t went to be a bother

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Does being federally approved change anything about being able to receive non-American dollary-doos?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Kibayasu posted:

Does being federally approved change anything about being able to receive non-American dollary-doos?

The reason we didnt take non-american dollars was because we were going for federal approval. Getting federal approval means we absolutely cannot take non-american money without setting up a specific non-american version.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Edit: fair call.

syntaxfunction fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Sep 29, 2023

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

So we should be laundering money from international sources to the US to donate? That seems like it'd work with zero consequences.

I know you're joking, and maybe I'm being paranoid, but it is probably better to not even joke about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

DeadlyMuffin posted:

I know you're joking, and maybe I'm being paranoid, but it is probably better to not even joke about this.