Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The entire NFC South is undefeated

except for Carolina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
As predicted.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
is baker the best qb in the nfc south right now?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Don't see any chance at a win until we play the Texans in Week 7, and even then...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yeah probably

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Until the vibes go bad

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

That's a FB

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I did not realize it had been that long.

https://twitter.com/BarstoolNOLA/status/1703961146309460302

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Derek Carr is like ... the 14th player most responsible for this, behind the 11 defensive starters, Olave, and the kicker.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

really queer Christmas posted:

Until the vibes go bad

i thought ya'll were exaggerating about him being a vibes qb but its so true. its loving hilarious and bizarre

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

He's the most sensitive though, gotta keep that confidence up.

Carr, that is.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Oof

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1703965216692944944?t=N0r-MxetH3TTpezgJZgXhg&s=19

Really gonna miss that first round pick next year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eh we'll be fine.

Everyone panic because Bryce looks fine 2 weeks into his career.

Reeeeeeeee

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Eh we'll be fine.

Everyone panic because Bryce looks fine 2 weeks into his career.

Reeeeeeeee

i think the total lack of receivers and pretty uninspired play calling is more alarming. it doesn't seem like they trust him enough to do anything but the dumbest basics possible right now. hopefully they find someone, anyone, capable of catching passes and open things up a little for him

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think the total lack of receivers and pretty uninspired play calling is more alarming. it doesn't seem like they trust him enough to do anything but the dumbest basics possible right now. hopefully they find someone, anyone, capable of catching passes and open things up a little for him

no thats just

what Frank Reich thinks an NFL offense looks like

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Shaq Thompson is the ultimate JAG. Easily replaceable by any competent GM.

But the Panthers have Fitterer, so I'm sure it'll be a comedic replacement.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers receivers were really bad last week and I didn't see anything that gives me high hopes this week either.

Bryce does absolutely everything right. He's a little late and a little off script with some things, at some times bit he's not Teddy Bridgewater.

They need to just let him play, let him get out of the pocket and move, use some two tight end sets, kick the tyres on anyone with speed who can take the top off etc.

I'll leave the jury out on Reich 2.0 since he's not calling plays afaik but we knew this was going to take a year at least.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Reich is absolutely calling plays and he refuted the idea that Brown should be calling plays in the post game conference.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ah must have had that backward from last week. My b.

Jesus christ Reich you fuckin clown wake the gently caress up.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jesus. At least we're not the steelers. They look worse than us and they have actual receivers.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Bryce Young is literally two games into his career and Panthers fans could not possibly be funnier to watch right now

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

GD_American posted:

Bryce Young is literally two games into his career and Panthers fans could not possibly be funnier to watch right now

hes so small

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

GD_American posted:

I'm sure they're running super conservative and short passing game stuff to keep Bryce upright and healthy (which makes sense), but the first couple of games have been pretty painful/boring to watch.

The injuries to major contributors on the OL/defense definitely aren't helping things.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
These first two Saints games have been the most boring games I've ever seen. It's nice to have a good defense, but we apparently can't score TDs until the 4th quarter.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

GD_American posted:

I think our fans are just very spoiled when it comes to having a rookie quarterback who enters the league and immediately sets it on fire. Bryce isn't Cam, and that's okay, because the vast majority of quarterbacks aren't! Things are really hard to judge right now with key injuries, lack of skill talent, and boring playcalls.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

PostNouveau posted:

These first two Saints games have been the most boring games I've ever seen. It's nice to have a good defense, but we apparently can't score TDs until the 4th quarter.

Olave was the only interesting thing about that game as far as offense went and he bailed Carr out last night. Game would have been even more dire to watch otherwise

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

Olave was the only interesting thing about that game as far as offense went and he bailed Carr out last night. Game would have been even more dire to watch otherwise

Yeah, there isn't a single player on Carolina's roster who could've made the type of play Olave did. Bryce is very much not in the position where he can be propped up by a supporting cast. Thielen seems like the only WR who can consistently get separation and he's pretty much just a slant king at this point in his career, so yeah, that doesn't bode well for having a dynamic, multidimensional offense.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

RumbleFish posted:

I think our fans are just very spoiled when it comes to having a rookie quarterback who enters the league and immediately sets it on fire

panthers fans yearning for the days of jimmy clausen

three
Aug 9, 2007

The problem with Bryce is that there were 3 options to draft a QB this year:

1. Bryce: Playmaking and intelligence
2. Stroud: Accuracy all over the field
3. Richardson: Uber athlete with amazing arm

We took #1 and then put him in the most pathetic, boring, simple offense designed for a literal baby and nullified literally everything positive about him.

The coaching staff (Reich, specifically, since hes offensive playcalling) is so trash, they can't even get play calls in until 5 seconds left on play clock, so Bryce can't even use his intelligence pre-snap.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

the bryce young experiment is over in carolina

who's next

calling the panthers front office to demand we trade Young to trade up for Drake Maye

three
Aug 9, 2007

Matt Corral cleared waivers, so just bring him back, obviously.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ozymandius1024 posted:

I'm sure they're running super conservative and short passing game stuff to keep Bryce upright and healthy (which makes sense), but the first couple of games have been pretty painful/boring to watch.

No that's just Frank Reich's offense

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Stefan Prodan posted:

who's next

calling the panthers front office to demand we trade Young to trade up for Drake Maye

Time to unleash the Red Rifle, Carolina.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Stefan Prodan posted:

cam threw for like 450 yards in his rookie debut and now I expect nothing less from all rookie QBs
Lol that was the strike year where there was barely a preseason and half of the starting defense was on IR because of the very short preseason. The defense was barely hanging on with the special teams players, and the special teams were TERRIBLE.

Like, we went through our practice squad guys and are now picking people off of the waiver wire to fill up the practice squad.

But it got Captain Mutterlyn a chance to shine and then go to the Vikings, so I hope it went well for him. *checks notes* Aww dang it!

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 20, 2023

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

Lol that was the strike year where there was barely a preseason and half of the starting defense was on IR because of the very short preseason. The defense was barely hanging on with the special teams players, and the special teams were TERRIBLE.

Like, we went through our practice squad guys and are now picking people off of the waiver wire to fill up the practice squad.

But it got Captain Mutterlyn a chance to shine and then go to the Vikings, so I hope it went well for him. *checks notes* Aww dang it!

yeah but those chud years were easily the most fun I've ever had watching the panthers

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Stefan Prodan posted:

yeah but those chud years were easily the most fun I've ever had watching the panthers

THEY RAN THE MUDDLE HUDDLE

Chud was wasted by the Browns

I bet he has a triple flea flicker where it looks like a WR is doing a jet sweep but the hike is too early, and then a basic flea flicker of "hand off to RB, rb tosses it back" but then QB backwards passes to the WR that is now alone because the flea flicker situation, and then just uncorks a 30 yard pass with YAC being a TD.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 20, 2023

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
feel like poo poo just want him back

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

who's next

I'm sure this was hyperbole, but I'm not sold on Maye as a prospect, and I say that as someone who actually cares about UNC football. He's good, no doubt, but it just feels like Trubisky 2.0 to me, I dunno.

I'll maintain that Bryce isn't as bad as he's sometimes looked, thanks to a banged up OL, terrible WR corps, and nonexistent running game. He's made some dumb decisions, to be sure, but he didn't step into a plug-and-play offense. I think his best comp right now is Tua, and the Panthers need to similarly buy in and surround him with dope skill talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bryce does all the hard poo poo that some QBs are never able to do already. He'll be fine.

Just a little reminder too that when Cam Newton took over as a rookie he had the following

Travell Wharton, Ryan kalil, Jordan gross on the offensive line.

Jeremy shockey and Greg Olsen at tight end

Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams at running back

Steve Smith and Brandon LaFell at WR.

Arguably 2 hall of farmers on that list and three guys who are hall of pretty loving good.

Thats a far cry from what we've got on the field rn.