Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I don’t remember if this was a rumor or not but I remember seeing that they are compartmentalizing her testing in beta so no one is seeing her full kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

And more completely useless furina "leaks". Whatever they're doing in CB to obscure her mechanics they're doing a good job!
the closed betas usually have multiple kits or ideas floating around, often in obviously incomplete states. thats why theyre closed, its so incomplete they dont want to show it to a wide audience.

so there's rarely useful leaks from them because theres no way of knowing what the final kit will be

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

she could be like tartaglia and have two bursts. what then?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

she could be like tartaglia and have two bursts. what then?
Clearly a mistranslation. Singular/plural trouble; you know how it is.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I have stopped playing Genshin entirely after completing the 4.0 story content. I wonder how many other players are also dropping off. Nothing in the desert grabbed me enough to complete the regional quests and there’s no meaningful progression left for my account.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Are there leaks aside from the Arlecchino and Siegwinne models, because we've seen the designs already...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AParadox posted:

If you build a C6 sara for ER/damage her ult can get really deadly. As a support she often steals the show when farming big bosses.

https://i.imgur.com/03EQuQI.mp4

Seeing videos of people one-shotting bosses like this makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong with my set ups sometimes. Not that I even have a C6 Sara or even one Baizhu for that matter.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

haypliss posted:

Are there leaks aside from the Arlecchino and Siegwinne models, because we've seen the designs already...

Speaking of Siegwinne and leaks, I looked her up and someone who pays attention to leaks and/or remembers previews better than me please tell me she's not the only playable Melusine coming. She looks more human than the others and I hate it.

Nuevilette does not count, if that's even what he is.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Captain France posted:

Speaking of Siegwinne and leaks, I looked her up and someone who pays attention to leaks and/or remembers previews better than me please tell me she's not the only playable Melusine coming. She looks more human than the others and I hate it.

Nuevilette does not count, if that's even what he is.
No others have been leaked or rumored.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

she is the only Melusine coming

if you ask me it's specifically BECAUSE she is human-looking, so they don't need to make a new skeleton for the animations

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i can't believe mihoyo would betray me, personally, by giving us a playable melusine before playable hilichurls

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Seeing videos of people one-shotting bosses like this makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong with my set ups sometimes. Not that I even have a C6 Sara or even one Baizhu for that matter.

What teams you usually run? Keep in mind this is a comp with a long setup followed by a very frontloaded damage pay off that looks silly vs overworld bosses but averages out in high abyss vs continuous damage comps like most vape or bloom stuff.

If you run a raiden national vs that boss the fight should not take much longer and if the boss is still alive by the time XL ult runs out then the team needs just better arties/talents.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

No Wave posted:

No others have been leaked or rumored.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Hoyoverse is just a poor indie company they couldn't possibly have the money or time to develop a new model skeleton type for new body types.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Why doesn't Mihoyo simply snap their fingers and make 8 costumes for every character instantly instead of constantly refusing to do so?

How much time could it take to rig up a skeleton, 7 minutes?

AParadox posted:

What teams you usually run? Keep in mind this is a comp with a long setup followed by a very frontloaded damage pay off that looks silly vs overworld bosses but averages out in high abyss vs continuous damage comps like most vape or bloom stuff.

If you run a raiden national vs that boss the fight should not take much longer and if the boss is still alive by the time XL ult runs out then the team needs just better arties/talents.

I've just been going with Yelan/Xingqiu, Nahida, Kuki Shinobu for a while. It certainly gets the job done in the overworld, and now that I'm locked in the artifact dungeon, it's insane how much better it is than Childe/Freminet/Lynette/Xingqiu.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Hoyoverse is just a poor indie company they couldn't possibly have the money or time to develop a new model skeleton type for new body types.
its probably more of a coding/engineering issue than an animation issue

if you make the game such that playable characters only use 5 types of bodies than theres a lot of technical work just to make a sixth body type work, its not exactly a yes/no toggle

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I've just been going with Yelan/Xingqiu, Nahida, Kuki Shinobu for a while. It certainly gets the job done in the overworld, and now that I'm locked in the artifact dungeon, it's insane how much better it is than Childe/Freminet/Lynette/Xingqiu.

Yeah that kind of comp should be able to to kill most bosses with apep hp in one rotation, like the dancing robots or the pyramid dorito boss. Not apep(warden of oasis) tho as he has really high dendro resistance.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
There are also conceits they won't give up. MHY has published papers about calculating collisions with cloth and the like. There's probably someone high up i nthe animation/modeling department who has a bunch of strict rules that I doubt 98% of their player base wouldn't even notice. Cel phones are still the most common ways it's played, for Christ's sake.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

just adjust the height slider to 120% and the swole slider to 90% it's not hard

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Yeah it's a a substantial amount of work to make a model and rig animations and polish all that up.

Hoyoverse also makes multiple billions of dollars on every banner they make though so it's not as if they don't have the resources to put towards the work.

They won't though.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

UHD posted:

just adjust the height slider to 120% and the swole slider to 90% it's not hard

They fear the Pillar Men's power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwLWdgTzddA

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Endorph posted:

geo skills also break rocks

As it turns out, not in the case of Yun Jin

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the huge leak dump from a while back of a bunch of unused concept art did seem to indicate they were experimenting with more body types, but who knows how long itll take before we see any results from that

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
tbh breaking rocks is the only reason I wanted to use Candace. I don't want to carry around a claymore user forever

Kale
May 14, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yeah it's a a substantial amount of work to make a model and rig animations and polish all that up.

Hoyoverse also makes multiple billions of dollars on every banner they make though so it's not as if they don't have the resources to put towards the work.

They won't though.

That Bilibili Data analyst guys revenue estimate for Genshin Impact was 1.5 billion RMB (208,010,585.96 USD) to 1.81 billion RMB (257,834,480) across all regions and platforms so it's not a matter of funding, but time, other resources and circumstances and will pretty much. Like for example for as much money as the company makes they were pretty powerless to do anything about Xi's Shanghai lockdown which greatly affected development on the game last year and resulted in the infamous extended Ayaka banner and the shortened patch periods to get everything back on schedule. I feel like we were still sort of seeing the effects of that shutdown during the latter portions of 3.X era. The crunch to get everything done for Sumeru's launch and trying to get HSR up and running was probably insane even for a company of Mihoyo's capital situation.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

We're getting a playable Melusine!?!?!? awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

We're getting a playable Melusine!?!?!? awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shes a melusine but she doesnt look like the others

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

that's cute as hell

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Endorph posted:

shes a melusine but she doesnt look like the others

she's cute but man what a friggin copout

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I wish she had the mitten hands

Kale
May 14, 2010

and Layla's hangout done now. About what I expected from her being a side character whose stuff all came after the big climactic Archon Quest and who has zero stakes in any of what went on. Didn't realize she was supposed to be some country bumpkin or that her super side is some entirely different being possessing her and not just another of her own personalities. Her hangout also contained one of the most hilariously designed NPC's with that one student with the perma-:haibrow: face came to badger her. Not really too much else to comment on for that one though, just a cutesy therapy session for the most part with filling in a little back story.

I can leave Baizhu and Kaeya's quests for another time since they have nothing to do with Sumeru and so just have Yoimiya's second story quest, Kaveh's hangout and a couple of clean up quests from the mountain region and can be making my way out of Sumeru into Fontaine while catching the Archon Quest prologue and the 15% or so remaining exploration in Sumeru on the way out. Dendroculus may be a bit tricky though as I still need about 50 of them I think and the materials to make the detectors are also ones I need to finish levelling up some Sumeru characters, which is a problem I ran into in Inazuma as well. Up until I recalled the Dendroculus collecting just now I thought I could be 100% done everything in Sumeru within the next couple of weeks and be able to 100% focus my playtime on exploring Fontaine, but it's probably looking more like a month now unless I have the patience to follow a video guide to track down the remaining Dendroculus.

e: After Layla's hangout and getting into Kaveh's now it kind of looks like they've given up on the whole meter thing as any sort of actual mechanic and are more using it for meta jokes about the characters mental states, which is probably ultimately a better idea anyway since it was never really going to matter for much.

Kale fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 19, 2023

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Meowywitch posted:

she's cute but man what a friggin copout

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The ley line overdrive started today, if you're interested in taking advantage of it.

AParadox posted:

Yeah that kind of comp should be able to to kill most bosses with apep hp in one rotation, like the dancing robots or the pyramid dorito boss. Not apep(warden of oasis) tho as he has really high dendro resistance.

Yeah it'll take one or two depending on how lucky i get with hydro crits. Apep took a while in comparison though.

This is just making me realize I should look at some 'How to oneshot ___ boss' guides. I'm missing Faruzan and Sara C6 and like only a few others so I'm probably capable of doing just fine I looked.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I suspect the answer to this is "haha no" but it's worth a shot: way back when the game was new I made my account using what was intended to be a gacha-only gmail address because account stealing was widespread and I didn't want my main email to get daily phising attempts. Flashfoward two years and multiple cellular devices later and I've seemingly completely forgotten the gmail address and the password. I never spent real money on that account, so it's basically lost to the ether now right?

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Well if you've lost access to the email address and your password and the phone number tied to your account then yeah you're pretty much just screwed. You'd need at least one of those to get anywhere.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The phone number is still the same, but I'm not sure if I ever actually linked it to the account. I'll shoot a customer support email.

Logically it's not a big deal and I should probably just start over, I never got a single 5 star so that shows how little progress the account actually achieved. I'm most annoyed at myself for not being able to remember the email, it's so familiar but nothing is pulling up :sweatdrop:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
What is the breakdown on new BP weapons? Which do I take?

Just gonna sit here with my 300+ wishes saved up for another month+ waiting for the furina banner, I guess.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BabyRyoga posted:

What is the breakdown on new BP weapons? Which do I take?

Just gonna sit here with my 300+ wishes saved up for another month+ waiting for the furina banner, I guess.

You're gonna have to decide for yourself, I don't know your character roster.

https://keqingmains.com/misc/fontaine-at-a-glance/#New_Battle_Pass_Weapons_Overview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
i miiiiight make a try for a 50/50 on venti, if i end up with enough excess by his banner. otherwise, i'm just waiting for furina, especially since i've stopped welkins and i'm gonna need to skrimp if i want her and the (probable) new Lantern Rite 5*.