Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Pokémon type?
This poll is closed.
Plain 6 3.17%
Hot 7 3.70%
Wet 15 7.94%
Green 11 5.82%
Shocking 2 1.06%
Cold 3 1.59%
Punchy 7 3.70%
Poisonous 4 2.12%
Brown 7 3.70%
Bird 11 5.82%
Weird 17 8.99%
Gross 11 5.82%
Solid 2 1.06%
Scary 8 4.23%
Dragon 5 2.65%
Creepy 18 9.52%
Mech 33 17.46%
Pink 22 11.64%
Total: 189 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

AngryBooch posted:

Add about 2-3 years to everything in this picture.

what the hell could be Doom Year Zero?! that's interesting....

But it's definitely not gonna be out before mid 2024 that's for sure.

Also, I thought Ghostwire was a massive flop, surprised they're giving it another go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/vxunderground/status/1704067137239720277?t=GXxFx0pPcvfk2u-FEMlbCA&s=19

Posting because it has a pic with the amazon echonext xbox

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Nice try, but that's just the Mac Pro.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Al-Saqr posted:

what the hell could be Doom Year Zero?! that's interesting....

Also, I thought Ghostwire was a massive flop, surprised they're giving it another go.

Check the dates on that it's out of date by like three years, if a sequel was green lit it's possibly cancelled by now

It says TES 6 is out FY 24, a game that only just started production.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Just upgraded to an i9 4080 64gb DDR5 with NVME ssd's computer after 8 years with my old PC.

Holy loving poo poo, holy loving poo poo what an incredible jump forward in every concievable way, games dont even load anymore, they happen instantly. what is this cyber future I'm living in?!?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

AngryBooch posted:

Also I suppose Project Hibiki was HiFi Rush and I don't think they'll end up greenlighting that Ghostwire sequel.

Hibiki was Hifi Rush yeah, the PC version even said Hibiki on its shortcut originally.

Also releasing a cut down version of your console with no disc drive for the same money is very funny.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Have a 2020 email leak from Phil Spencer commenting that they want to buy Nintendo as they are "better off without their own hardware"

https://www.vooks.net/xbox-boss-thinks-nintendo-is-better-off-without-its-own-hardware/

Yeah settle down big wheels :laffo:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Nintendo are very famous for not being able to sell their hardware.

What's this about the switch selling more than the earth shaking Wii?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I don't have Sekiro yet but after loving Armored Core 6 so much I'm willing to give Bloodborne and Elden Ring tries again after bouncing off them before.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The 7th Guest posted:

lol a whole bunch of leaks just happened with Microsoft/Bethesda

- Xbox Series S/X hardware refresh happening with upgraded internals and controller, and no disc drive on the X, so we're arriving at the all-digital future
- Oblivion remake in development
- Fallout 3 remaster in development
- "DOOM Year Zero" is the next Doom game, DLC also planned
- Ghostwire Tokyo 2 in development
- Starfield DLC in development
- Dishonored 3 in development
- Elder Scrolls VI targeting FY2024

check out the new assless chap controller

Time to buy an Xbox x

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Time to buy an Xbox x

No you buy an XboxX if this thing comes out and people start selling their original X's.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Nintendo are very famous for not being able to sell their hardware.

What's this about the switch selling more than the earth shaking Wii?

Half of the Top 10 Best Selling Consoles Of All Time are Nintendo consoles.

(Half the Top 20 are Nintendo consoles as well :v:)

PS5 is 17th
Xbox Series X/S is 23rd

Phil smoking the good kush that day :laffo:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Infinitum posted:

Phil smoking the good kush that day :laffo:

:-)

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I swear Microsoft asked if Nintendo wanted to sell during the GameCube era and got laughed out of the room.

Maybe it was Square Enix.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
That was 20 years ago. Times change. Monopolies are in.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OhFunny posted:

I swear Microsoft asked if Nintendo wanted to sell during the GameCube era and got laughed out of the room.

No it was Nintendo

It's really cute they keep thinking they'd ever be able to pull it off.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lies of p is threatening to rank above ds3 in my soulsborne estimation if it maintains this level of quality all the way through

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

VG posted:

Ethanol often makes fun of me for not having (at the time) played the tanker mission in MGS 2 or the fact I have not played MGS4.

However, I made a pact that I would beat every from game before he beat Sekiro (because he did not like it) and I succeeded.

you've played all the old Armored Cores and uhhhh Kings Field? whatever the old school first person dungeon crawler was

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm happy the pinnocchhiioo game is out and by most accounts is quite good
but I'm still gonna wait for a sale because: a) it's fuckin steampunk pinocchio

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's on Gamepass anyway

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I prefer to own (aka "pwn") my video games (digitally)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

An Oblivion remake should go smoothly since Todd's already remade Oblivion 5 times in the last 15 years

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

presuming that leak is real, Dishonored 3 would be a good return to form for Arkane. One of the former directors is gone but I think as long as it's Just Good Dishonored without the multiplayer bullshit they shoved into Deathloop/Redfall, it would be fine.

I'd also like a Dishonored 2 remaster maybe because the frankenstein game engine it was made on sucks rear end.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

It absolutely is real, journalists following the court case are how the story originally broke. It is, however, very out of date, so who knows what's what

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The xtube is real

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Considering it has FY20 including Doom Eternal and 2020 Deathloop on it, it seems pretty safe to assume it's a timeline from before the pandemic, so god only knows how different things are now

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

multiplayer bullshit they shoved into Deathloop

Actually the multiplayer bullshit in Deathloop loving owned.

Invade nerds and dunk on them, ruining their run? Please and thank you.

Hi VG :v:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Lies of P wishes it could be as creepy/hosed up as the Roberto Benigni movie

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Evil Kit posted:

you've played all the old Armored Cores and uhhhh Kings Field? whatever the old school first person dungeon crawler was

Ah no, he was talking about DS1-3, Sekiro, Bloodborne. I also did Demons Souls and Elden Ring before him as well. It was a great little bet because I made it I think a year before I ever attempted it and I think he forgot. He did not like Sekiro at the time either so he thought he was safe.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Microsoft and Sony seem to be getting two different flavors of too arrogant, but neither of them seems to have the power to humble the other.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Do you think Microsoft is ever gonna get out of the console hardware market

I know they've sunk a ton of $ into it over the past 20 years but it seems like the kinda thing where they look at how much money they're making basically having a monopoly on OS/office software and then at their puny gamer profits and get bored with it or something

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That's more of a google thing

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pretty much. One is banking on live service games and the other buying out companies.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope not I like their consoles and someone competing with Sony directly is good, we've seen what happens when they get too smug

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Have a 2020 email leak from Phil Spencer commenting that they want to buy Nintendo as they are "better off without their own hardware"

https://www.vooks.net/xbox-boss-thinks-nintendo-is-better-off-without-its-own-hardware/

Yeah settle down big wheels :laffo:

Microsoft has been wanting to buy Nintendo since like 2002 why are they so obsessed lol

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Like yeah at this point I would seriously consider one of their consoles whenever/if I buy a current gen console

Used to be I liked the Sony exclusives more but exclusives basically don't exist anymore

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Microsoft are really the only company pushing the idea that exclusives don't exist, mostly because they're the third place console, functionally own the PC market and have the most to gain from that idea. Sony and Nintendo very much still believe in exclusives.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You're not a real From gamer unless you have the platinums for Ninja Blade, Chromehounds, and Metal Wolf Chaos

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

Microsoft are really the only company pushing the idea that exclusives don't exist, mostly because they're the third place console, functionally own the PC market and have the most to gain from that idea. Sony and Nintendo very much still believe in exclusives.

I mean what are the PS5 exclusives

They've been porting even a lot of their big games to PC after a couple years so I'm not particularly interested in buying a PS5 over an xbox....whatever the current one is

Would come down to general hardware performance/subscriptions/whatever other stuff either or them are doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

haveblue posted:

You're not a real From gamer unless you have the platinums for Ninja Blade, Chromehounds, and Metal Wolf Chaos

This is Deracine erasure.

And also the only From game I have the platinum in.

Bring back Echo Night next, do it. 10 years between Armored Cores is nothing, Echo Night Beyond will be 20 years old next year.