Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

I read that as "CTE" at first

I'm only now realizing it's not that. UFE indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Life is his favorite movie???

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Hitch?!

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

How much longer do we have as a nation before we have to acknowledge the over saturation of "goat" to describe just about anything even if it doesn't really have any greatness.

The only goat I want to see is goatse

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

This needs to get reposted by that "Bad Taste - Great Execution" twitter account.

e: is that the bad guy from the first Incredibles movie at the bottom?

ee: apparently the screen grab from Hitch is a scene of him getting an allergic reaction.

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 19, 2023

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

e: is that the bad guy from the first Incredibles movie at the bottom?

I think it's Dash, the good guy kid

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Kibner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E5vGmhbP-M

I enjoyed the second half of this video. For deep cut basketball fans only. Also, Yuta Watanabe talks a handful amount of times.

yuta! (tabuse) real ones know

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
But the important thing is did Tatum get anesthesia

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

This can’t be real. It must be a joke.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Kelly Oubre to the Sixers for a year. Well if Harden is gone he can do some ISO stuff as long as you don't rely on him too much.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

speculation time

+Pick compensation

Portland gets off the Nurkic train and brings in two vets on large expiring contracts. They would need a center, but maybe they could get Charlotte to part with one.

Between Miller, Martin and Bridges (unfortunately) Charlotte has enough small forwards. Hayward for Herro (who should fit great next to LaMelo and replaces the production of the outgoing Oubre) and salary chaff (sorry Josh Richardson) is a pretty good deal.

Miami gets Dame and Bam gets some help in the post. Nurkic as back-up big works well I think.

Everybody wins?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
lmao at how far from a win that is for Portland, wtf. They're not gonna give up Dame as a salary dump.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/OTownNBA/status/1703135061607088550

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Okay, this is worse than the Deron Williams secondary panther tattoo covering up the first panther tattoo

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
In fifty years time, people will look back on Steph Curry's BPM (Bangs Per Minute) in disbelief.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Papercut posted:

lmao at how far from a win that is for Portland, wtf. They're not gonna give up Dame as a salary dump.

Charlotte picks are going to be gold for awhile. Miami has a short timeline so their future picks should also be good. Lowry and Hayward vet presence for the young guys, flip one or both for more assets. Or maybe trade Jerami Grant for KAT in the middle of the season. All kinds of possibilities!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

When you've never read a book but you've thought really hard about which characters from movies you like to watch you would put in each letter of the logotype from the Martin Lawrence Eddie Murphy film LIFE

Not clutch

Not going to win a championship

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chronicles posted:

Or maybe trade Jerami Grant for KAT in the middle of the season. All kinds of possibilities!

How many picks are going back to Minnesota in this deal

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

tanglewood1420 posted:

In fifty years time, people will look back on Steph Curry's BPM (Bangs Per Minute) in disbelief.

Nah Wilt had more bangs per minute, stats just weren't being tracked properly then.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Charlotte owes their first to San Antonio, lotto-protected until 2025. I wouldn’t mind rolling the dice on Herro, he’s at least taller than Rozier, but that trade is still dogshit for Portland

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Chronicles posted:

Miami has a short timeline so their future picks should also be good.

When is this quote from? 2006? 2014? 2019?

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

How many picks are going back to Minnesota in this deal

Enough!

tanglewood1420 posted:

When is this quote from? 2006? 2014? 2019?

Not betting against ol wily Riley but Butler/Dame don't have a ton of time.

2.5 weeks til preseason folks

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
every team is bad except for the teams that are good

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Awaiting the sabermetrics bangs above replacement player or BARP

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1703903362604024025?s=46&t=gEvQlnNLbU9ke0xn1kR1YA

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i like it. greatest of all time tattoo

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tatum texted Kobe asking if it looked dumb

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
just shoving his head into the world of the dead from Bones and asking for tattoo ideas
"how about two mamba snakes in the shape of a 24???"

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

I'm sure this is a perfect system that will by no means emphasize Oubre's faults.

Look, I gave Embiid a fair deal of poo poo, but I don't wanna see the guy turned into Sisyphus.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

WhyteRyce posted:

lol fatsuit harden and Embiid having to play more in the regular season he’s going to be dead by March

quote:

Q: Nick, as a basketball coach, how do you manage Embiid now when considering the resting policy?

Nurse: I think that we are looking at it maybe a little different than people think we might be. We’re trying to get him to play more games. Our goal is that it’s going up for him, not not the other direction, and some people would say, ‘Oh, that’s playoffs. Is he going to be?’
that's certainly what I've been saying

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Papercut posted:

yeah I mean there's a salary floor, once you ship out Dame you might as well have Nurkic getting paid. What else are you gonna do, you're clearing cap space before you see what Scoot/Shaedon can do, for what? To sign Tobias Harris and Valanciunas on $40m/2 year deals that'll end when the Nurkic contract was ending anyway?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Sep 19, 2023

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Jayson Tatum has a tattoo addiction and a lack of people telling him no

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Fast Luck posted:

yeah I mean there's a salary floor, once you ship out Dame you might as well have Nurkic getting paid. What else are you gonna do, you're clearing cap space before you see what Scoot/Shaedon can do, for what? To sign Tobias Harris and Valanciunas on $40m/2 year deals that'll end when the Nurkic contract was ending anyway?

It's also typically much more valuable for Portland to have good players under contract than cap space, because free agents do not want to play there so trades are basically all they've got.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Veryslightlymad posted:

I'm sure this is a perfect system that will by no means emphasize Oubre's faults.

Look, I gave Embiid a fair deal of poo poo, but I don't wanna see the guy turned into Sisyphus.

I like the signing for the 76ers though. Low risk, and Oubre is the kind of guy you'd think they'd get a lot of use out of, and if he flames out (probably) oh well. They kinda need to make high-upside moves right now.

As a "replacement" for Harden, :lol: but not much else you can do.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

Damian Lillard: “It’s a way that you have to go about things where you can’t be an idiot. You say I’m gonna stay down, I’m gonna ride till the wheels fall off and all that stuff. I don’t have to prove that to nobody, like I’ve shown it. I mean that in my heart. But that’s like me and you saying no matter what happens we ain’t telling on each other. Ya know, I’m saying we never tell on each other. And then the day comes where I’m still playing by those same rules… Like man, you want the same thing? We’re gonna go out together and then that ain’t the code you want to live by no more. So when that happens, you can’t be how it was… You don’t want the same thing no more and you show me that you don’t want the same thing. We don’t want the same thing.”

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Lockback posted:

I like the signing for the 76ers though. Low risk, and Oubre is the kind of guy you'd think they'd get a lot of use out of, and if he flames out (probably) oh well. They kinda need to make high-upside moves right now.

As a "replacement" for Harden, :lol: but not much else you can do.

I actually kinda like Oubre, I just can't see him getting on or fitting with Embiid or playing in a demanding defensive system like Nurse runs. Last year was almost ideal for him.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lmfao what a lineup

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

oubre is either a perfect fit in philly or going to be awful... i think i'm leaning towards awful

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Lmfao what a lineup

it's a big UFE from me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

hifi posted:

oubre is either a perfect fit in philly or going to be awful... i think i'm leaning towards awful

he's a perfect fit in my heart.

(he's hot)