Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Impermanent posted:

how are you supposed to use the taboo stuff and whatever in a physical game. do they print new versions of the cards or something

Nah, some people do print them out and sleeve them at their own expense but generally you're just supposed to remember. They tend to keep the changes to things like XP cost where possible for that reason.

The taboo is also optional to use of course, like even beyond the usual optional nature of anything in a board game. They say you should use it if you feel like playing the same cards has gotten boring or if you feel certain cards are overshadowing deckbuilding options.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

Impermanent posted:

how are you supposed to use the taboo stuff and whatever in a physical game. do they print new versions of the cards or something

No you just have to memorize it

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
It's mostly worth using if you play a lot. You get used to just remembering. It's handy to have a printout of the taboo list though.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The Arkham Cards app also offers a taboo lookup for any given card you’re viewing.

I don’t play with the taboo list because, as you’ve identified, it’s cumbersome. It also generally disempowers cards rather than powers them up, and I don’t need any help losing Arkham Horror.

That being said, if I felt like I had to take Milan Christopher in every deck possible and it was keeping me from trying other allies, I might glance at the taboo and just house rule that card. But I’m not there yet.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Anonymous Robot posted:

That being said, if I felt like I had to take Milan Christopher in every deck possible and it was keeping me from trying other allies, I might glance at the taboo and just house rule that card. But I’m not there yet.

Ha, I genuinely forgot he was on the list so when I read this I was about to post "well weirdly he's not on there" and them remembered he is. My group actually just played him like that automatically when I introduced them to the game cause it seemed natural.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Anonymous Robot posted:

The Arkham Cards app also offers a taboo lookup for any given card you’re viewing.

I don’t play with the taboo list because, as you’ve identified, it’s cumbersome. It also generally disempowers cards rather than powers them up, and I don’t need any help losing Arkham Horror.

They've recently been doing a better job of making the taboo list not just nerfs. There are quite a few taboos that power up cards, now, including some that really open up options for cards that were basically unplayable before (e.g. Telescopic Sight). Personally I like the taboo list because it lowers the gap between "optimal" deckbuilding and "fun/creative" deckbuilding, so it feels less bad to get experimental with your deckbuilding. I would never want to go back to the old Key of Ys, for example, which for a while was in every single campaign because it's simply too good not to take.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Anonymous Robot posted:

It also generally disempowers cards rather than powers them up, and I don’t need any help losing Arkham Horror.
They did un-gently caress Lola after years of keeping her in the basement.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

poo poo, that telescopic sight buff is simple enough that I’ll just take a sharpie to my card and black out the line restricting fighting engaged enemies. It turns the card from trash into something interesting with an edit that is easy to implement without an additional reference.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I trust myself enough to just not abuse overpowered cards so I ignore the nerfs but I do pay attention to the buffs to see if they enable something interesting.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
David went from degenerate and definitely not worth 3XP to good again. We are many years into the game and there’s still only three viable mystic 0XP allies. And not a ton when you level up.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Wow these are more heavy-handed than usual; I wonder if the change in designers changed taboo philosophy also.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2023/8/30/unveiling-secrets/

quote:

Research Notes is another card that we felt warranted a limit. With the new (2.24) ruling on paying additional costs, it is no longer possible to use a card like Knowledge is Power to discover all clues at a location without spending evidence from Research Notes. However, even apart from this specific combo, the second ability on Research Notes still vastly outperforms other level 0 alternatives. The new limit to spending evidence on the card’s second ability was not made to suppress clue drop builds; rather, it’s only to limit the card’s incredible efficiency.

Some other cards weren’t necessarily above the power curve, but unlocked new (and sometimes bonkers) plays, such as Geared Up. Playing a bunch of discounted Item assets turn one with this card feels great, but it was never the intent to enable an investigator to, say, play half their deck on their first turn. (Yes, someone did it with Backpacks. You know who you are.) The new limit keeps the spirit of the card while curbing plays that might trivialize the game.

Additionally, Burn After Reading has incredible potential when played in standalone mode. Previously, a 4-player group on standalone could theoretically play 8 copies of this event and remove 8 doom without a marked drawback (who cares about exiling a card in standalone mode?). The card’s doom-removal ability is still incredibly powerful, but can now only be used twice per game.

I would be remiss if I didn’t spend some time chatting about Power Word. What a fun and powerful card! It provides control over the board state at an unprecedented level and turns enemies into willing lackeys for the investigators. My greatest concern with this card has been the lack of tension it creates for the players once it is fully set up. Almost every interaction with an enemy in Arkham Horror: The Card Game requires some level of risk, be it a skill test to fight or evade or the threat of an attack of opportunity while you scramble to get your weapon or spell out. Power Word allows investigators to control enemies (sometimes multiple enemies at once!) and manipulate them with no inherent risk.

Costs are now more in line with Magic, where everything before the colon : is a cost, and everything after is just part of the ability resolving where you do as much as possible.

quote:

It is worth noting the changes to the ruling on (2.24) “Ignoring all costs.” This wording appears on cards such as Knowledge is Power to enable some powerful plays, circumventing all the costs associated with using an ability. The ruling on this wording has been revised to ignore all costs associated with initiating the ability: namely, “everything before the colon” on an ability. It does not allow investigators to ignore additional costs when resolving those abilities. For example, you can no longer use Knowledge is Power to trigger Earthly Serenity’s ability to heal each investigator almost infinitely, or to trigger Research Notes’ ability to discover all the clues at your location without spending evidence. This ruling curbed some of the power and combo potential inherent in these cards, and freed up future design space associated with additional costs.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Without the taboo list it just feels like so many cards are auto-include because of how good they are, and while Arkham Horror is difficult enough I feel no guilt at all picking the best decks/cards I can, it does get boring to have the same cards in every deck every time.

Drawing Thin without the XP cost, non-Exceptional Key of Ys like DontMockMySmock said, Rex/Milan's infinite clues and resources.

It also ends up buffing some stuff making it playable! Scroll of Secrets, Telescoic Sight and all the 'symbol' cards are some standouts.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

LifeLynx posted:

Wow these are more heavy-handed than usual; I wonder if the change in designers changed taboo philosophy also.

The main one that feels heavy-handed is Power Word. It makes sense that they wanted to introduce risk and reward to a card that otherwise doesn't have it, but goddamn. It already took a ton of XP and actions to make it good, and now you also have to invest in willpower boosts and/or spend more actions to make up for failures. Also RIP Carolyn Fern and Vincent Lee Power Word builds. I have a hard time imagining anyone in my playgroup ever playing it, now.

Daredevil (0) also I suppose feels kinda heavy-handed, but that card already sucked except in game-breaking combos, so it doesn't feel like anything was lost. (when the gently caress are they just going to taboo Wendy's Amulet already)

Rythian posted:

It also ends up buffing some stuff making it playable! Scroll of Secrets, Telescoic Sight and all the 'symbol' cards are some standouts.

When I was searching my mind for what cards got buffs that turned them from unplayable to playable, I somehow forgot Scroll of Secrets! Pretty good card with the taboo, absolute dogshit without it.

Also of note: Signum Crucis is still kind of mediocre even at 0xp but it's playable in certain decks. Springfield M1903 and Lola Hayes's mutations are cool too.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

I just finished a campaign with Power Word on Parallel Agnes, and yeah it was incredible, almost certainly too strong. But man, these nerfs seem like A LOT.

Throw on some Fine Clothes and the willpower test is almost negligible, but removing Mercy and having to pay an extra 1XP for Cower is pretty drat rough.

Rythian fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 31, 2023

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

They did taboo Wendy’s amulet. Events that enter play still go back into deck instead of you discard. No more infinite hiding spaces or tripwires.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

They did taboo Wendy’s amulet. Events that enter play still go back into deck instead of you discard. No more infinite hiding spaces or tripwires.

Well that's technically an errata not a taboo, and it basically fixes an oversight in the rules. Wendy's Amulet is still broken as hell, and has caused multiple rounds of errata/taboo, now including Daredevil, without ever really addressing the core of the problem. Which is that Wendy's Amulet lets you control what you draw, and draw the same events over and over again. For example, 2x Easy Mark gets you infinite money in a single action if you have the Amulet and an empty deck.

I wouldn't mind (my playgroup almost never plays the same deck twice anyway), except that it bothers me when it affects the taboo list. Daredevil+Yaotl was an easy, consistent way of emptying her deck without suffering her signature weakness, but it was hardly the only one, and you can still do hella broken poo poo if you can do it another way, so it's not really solving the problem definitively. And I think it's a shame that the single most broken card in the game is causing taboos that gently caress over Winnifred Habbamock instead of addressing the actual problem. Daredevil was a pretty bad card except in specifically Winnifred or Wendy, now it's a really bad card even in Winnifred. Why must she suffer for Wendy's sins?

This is probably not the sort of taboo that they're likely to make, but something like tacking on "Forced - If your deck has 5 or fewer cards in it, take 1 horror and shuffle your discard pile into your deck" would cut out the insane combo potential while still retaining most of the "fair" functioning of the amulet.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Forced - if you are doing some bullshit (you know who you are) you die alone and unloved like the orphan you are. All other investigators heal 1 mental trauma.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012
I did get the cards printed out because I can't keep track of all of them, and I do feel like there are a bunch of cards that are just too good to pass up otherwise. It really kills off the variety and interesting choices if you have a bunch of overpower cards and combos running around. I do miss Double or Nothing though. I can totally understand why it is gone, but it did have some hilarious moments. Still, the taboo list gave me the improved Springfield, that my Sister Mary enchanted and loaded with custom ammo that allowed her to wander through Innsmouth as the spectre of death. Horror in High Gear was a particular delight.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
derbk.com had an interesting overview of the changes. I totally missed that some cards were taken off the chained list, for example.

https://derbk.com/ancientevils/taboo-faq-2-1-roundup/

Hypnotic Gaze (2) keeps its list of specific symbols instead of hitting off any symbol, which is a bizarre choice. The only differences to the upgraded version are -1 cost and that it can make the enemy hit itself with its horror instead of damage. It might be the only card where upgrading it is in some cases a downgrade?

He thinks Daredevil (0) is a positive thing because it makes you draw the weakness now instead of wasting a draw later, which is something to think about. I still probably won't ever run this.

I agree that Geared Up is strange. Yeah the Backpack thing was nutty, but they could have ruled that a different way - maybe "resolve all the enters play triggers after" or something. If I were able to suggest one simple change to the rules team, it would be that Weapon assets cost 1 less, but not other Items. Fits with the action movie theme of the card where your investigator is strapping themselves up with guns and knives to go into battle.

derbk.com posted:

For each/For every: The way it works now, if an “for each” effect can be calculated in full in advance, it happens in one go. If it can’t, it resolves in seperate instances. If it has a choice, it always resolves seperately. The big takeaway here is that Deny Existence can no longer cancel Terrible Secret and Crisis of Faith (the weaknesses of Diana and Mary) in full. You might want to run some horror healing in those two investigators now instead or in addition to Deny.

I can't believe I missed this - they finally got rid of the Deny Existence loophole with signature weaknesses! This will knock Diana down a peg; it was always easy to find Deny before your weakness (and if you drew your weakness early, you likely didn't have enough cards tucked away yet for it to hurt you badly). Every other card in your deck deals with the encounter deck, so you just held Deny until Terrible Secret got revealed.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Speaking of Sister Mary, I feel like her unique weakness is kind of hosed. If it happens early it's nothing, if it happens lategame it just completely fucks everyone over. Our group had been using Deny Existence to take all the horror as one instance of damage and then cancel it, but apparently that's been clarified as illegal by an FAQ:

quote:

Q: If I draw Terrible Secret with five cards beneath Diana Stanley and I do not choose to discard these cards, but choose to take 5 Horror, how much of it can I ignore when I play Deny Existence? A: For Terrible Secret, you may only use Deny Existence on one of the choices, essentially ignoring 1 of the horror you would take. (The card presents a choice for each card under Diana, so it “cannot be resolved simultaneously.”)

Now, I agree that having to take a card that is just "Cancel your weakness" does make for boring deckbuilding. But it also seems weird to just have a large bless pool in the bag be a time bomb. It kind of forces you into taking cards that seal as many tokens as possible, or maybe playing with a mystic who can benefit from a lot of curses.

I feel like something like this might be better? "Revelation: Put this in your threat area. The first time you would add a bless token to the bag each turn, add a curse token instead. Take an action: If there are either 5 bless or curse tokens in the bag, remove all bless tokens and discard Crisis of Faith."

You could fiddle the numbers on that but you get the idea. I had a game where I had Guardian Angel out and some healing available, so when I drew Crisis of Faith there was like 10 tokens in the bag. I'm not really sure what you're supposed to do in those circumstances other than lose a lot of your upcoming rolls, which tends to be more high stakes later on in a scenario.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It does encourage you to use things like Hallow, manipulate your deck with scroll of secrets so you don’t draw your weakness, or use the card that turns all the curses into blesses for a turn. There is a really good level zero economy card that can trap up to five blesses and gives your team the equivalent of 10 bucks… and you can have two of themz

The new box promises more bless tech, that should help May. But it was a bit silly that her and Diana had a zero cost, level zero card that was “don’t worry about your weakness.”

The new ancient covenant only affecting you, not everyone at your location, changes a lot of party building that was just “make sure we bring along someone with survivor level 2 access”. It’s still unbearable for people like Yorick who can recur the asset that traps bless tokens. It’s how we beat hard Circle Undone. (The other way was the spell that lets you investigate other locations. Vital failure protection.)

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012
Granted I was running a Springfield Sister Mary, but I really enjoyed Nephthys as an ally for her, and between her and Rite of Sanctification sealing blesses, and Sister Mary's high horror limit, I usually just horror tanked her weakness.

Also I didn't find out that Deny Existence works on weaknesses until right near the end of the campaign.

I think there are other options to manage Sister Mary's weakness, though not as easily. Favour of the Moon can pull curses back out of the bag, plus Sister Mary can lean into them by running a Paradoxical Covenant. You can use Tides of Fate to buy a round or two back, and then try to seal them up on assets. Other players can take some options to remove curses, be greedy with Favour of the Sun, or the team can use it as an excuse to build around playing with generating curses and taking curse boosting cards, so their appearance won't be as painful. It's a rough weakness, but I still kind of like it. I find weaknesses that minor inconveniences that take two actions to clear, or a revelation that whacks you for some damage to be really boring. But Sister Mary's weakness lets you play around both the input, with seal abilities and how much you use covenants and Nephthys to keep the bag full, and the output by being able to play around curses. And it also has the horror release valve.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
I don't mind them stopping things like deny existince being used with signature weaknesses, but the change is a little weird. Now if you draw an encounter card that says like "for each point you fail by, discard a card or take a damage" and you fail by 3, you're potentially taking 3 instances of 1 damage, so you can trigger bandages three times, it triggers hypochondria 3 times and you take 3 horror, you can only block one damage with "I've had worse", etc. It's going to take a little getting used to, but I'm curious to see how different it is.

Nion
Jun 8, 2008

The way I understand it, failing by 3 would still be 1 instance of 3 damage, because there is no point in time where you have failed by the first point but haven't yet failed by the second or third point. For Diana's weakness, on the other hand, there is technically a point in time where you have chosen to take a horror for the first card under her but haven't yet chosen to take a horror for the second or third card, thus it's 3 instances of 1 damage.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012
Yeah, it’s if you get to choose between two or more options, each choice is a different instance. If you get hit for a determined amount, you get hit for one instance of that amount.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Nion posted:

The way I understand it, failing by 3 would still be 1 instance of 3 damage, because there is no point in time where you have failed by the first point but haven't yet failed by the second or third point. For Diana's weakness, on the other hand, there is technically a point in time where you have chosen to take a horror for the first card under her but haven't yet chosen to take a horror for the second or third card, thus it's 3 instances of 1 damage.

Ubik_Lives posted:

Yeah, it’s if you get to choose between two or more options, each choice is a different instance. If you get hit for a determined amount, you get hit for one instance of that amount.

Primpod is referring to a thing where you choose between two or more options. Treachery effects such as Inexplicable Cold, which says "Test agility (4). For each point you fail by, you must either choose and discard 1 card from your play area or from your hand, or take 1 damage." The wording for how the choices are made is pretty much identical to Terrible Secret. You make a series of choices, one for every point failed; for Terrible Secret, you make a series of choices, one for every card beneath Diana Stanley.

faq posted:

Whether an effect is a “single cumulative effect” or “separate effects” depends on whether the effect forces the investigator to make a choice.

This seems to pretty clearly include Inexplicable Cold as well as Terrible Secret.

What I am now particularly worried about is stuff like Terror Unleashed, which says "take X damage or horror, divided as you wish". If X=2, for example, is that 2 separate choices between "1 damage" or "1 horror", or one "single cumulative effect" chosen from among "2 damage", "2 horror", or "1 damage and 1 horror"?

I think I'm going to say that the ruling specifically applies to things that say "for each [thing], [choice]" and not to things like Terror Unleashed, but it's not exactly clear.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012
I do wonder why they chose to change the rules, rather than just mutate Deny Existence to work on non-weakness cards. I guess there must be other cards they are worried about as well, but it seems like an odd way to go about it.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I'm mostly concerned about "I've had worse. . ." which is one of my favorite cards for any character with 0-2+ Guardian access.

Fortunately from a few searches on arkhamdb it seems like it's not really going to affect that many things; things that say "for each [thing] either [x] or [y]" are pretty few and far between unless you're playing Diana Stanley. But when it does matter, it's going to feel bad.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Anyone have any experience with print-and-play stuff? I am not into TTS, but Call of the Plaguebearer looks cool. It seems like it was available at a site called MakePlayingCards for a while but they eventually took it down. All the cards are on a google drive, I just don’t know how one turns that into a set of decent quality cards.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I haven't done the printing part myself but in the UK there's a facebook group for Arkham stuff and someone there is going through the fanmade campaigns that are generally well regarded and offering a sign up mailing list thing and then getting them printed en masse and selling them basically at cost with the booklets and such.

They feel worth it at the price they're charging to forego the hassle of actually getting the printing part done myself. I've got Dark Matter, Alice in Wonderland and Cyclopean Foundations for £28 each (for comparison, the actual official campaigns in the big box cost £55) and they're all in quality at least comparable to the Rougarou/Carnevale standalone printings/Gamezenter novella/promo card stuff.

I'm sure if you go on the discords/reddit/whatever you'll be able to find similar groups of people doing that wherever you are or who can at least point you to a place that'll do the service for you and the parameters to give them that'll make them look good.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 8, 2023

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020
We're about to start a (Return to) Forgotten Age campaign with 4 players. Are the supplies shared or tied to an investigator?

Should everyone for example buy their own medicines, or is it viable that the group has a few of those between them.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

High Tension Wire posted:

We're about to start a (Return to) Forgotten Age campaign with 4 players. Are the supplies shared or tied to an investigator?

Should everyone for example buy their own medicines, or is it viable that the group has a few of those between them.

They're not shared. I think the rule of thumb was to buy roughly one medicine per two players. But with the Return I think you get more resources to get more supplies.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

LifeLynx posted:

They're not shared. I think the rule of thumb was to buy roughly one medicine per two players. But with the Return I think you get more resources to get more supplies.

So with two players both would buy one medicine each?

I'm just asking since with four players each investigator only gets 4 supply points at the start, and if everyone buys medicine and food (which the campaign guide suggests) there is not much else to buy.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, the paucity of supply points doesn’t allow much space for decision making, at least on a first run. I said YOLO and bought cool poo poo instead of food and medicine anyhow.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

High Tension Wire posted:

So with two players both would buy one medicine each?

I'm just asking since with four players each investigator only gets 4 supply points at the start, and if everyone buys medicine and food (which the campaign guide suggests) there is not much else to buy.

No, one medicine. It's been a while. If you're not opposed to spoilers, I'd check https://derbk.com/ancientevils/best-laid-plans-the-forgotten-age/, specifically the Supplies section.

Torch and Map are very important. Blankets prevent trauma, but an important part of doing well in TFA is learning to deal with the trauma points. Binoculars are good for +2XP... I think just for one character, if I remember correctly. Don't buy Gasoline right away.

The "junk" items in my opinion are the Canteen, Pendant, Pocket Knife, Rope, and Pickaxe. Some of those are important if you're planning on going for a specific ending, but otherwise not worth it.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

LifeLynx posted:

No, one medicine. It's been a while. If you're not opposed to spoilers, I'd check https://derbk.com/ancientevils/best-laid-plans-the-forgotten-age/, specifically the Supplies section.

Yeah that's what I figured, thanks!

Thus just wasn't laid out in the rules at all and I wanted to check.

E. Actually the thing that puzzles me, is that if two players have a single medicine, what happens if the wrong player has it when it is needed? I.E. can the party "share" some supplies in that regard. I'm just worried that we screw something up with them, as the game doesn't really tell how they are implemented at the start. Of that makes sense.

High Tension Wire fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 19, 2023

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I'd say 100%, share supplies btwn adventures. Not during the game.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Between scenarios supplies are checked as a group.

Except if you specifically designate the wrong person to do something in the story and they don't have supplies, but those are pretty obvious. So for example, if someone brought binoculars and the game then wants the expedition leader to designate someone to take watch, maybe be smart and choose the person with the binoculars.

But poo poo like medicine, food and fuel is always shared between the whole group between scenarios.

For real though, my advice is to take cool poo poo rather than vital survival necessities like food, blankets, fuel or too much medicine. Yes, this does sound dumb, but that's the supply mechanic for you.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

Orange Devil posted:

Between scenarios supplies are checked as a group.

Except if you specifically designate the wrong person to do something in the story and they don't have supplies, but those are pretty obvious.

Thanks! This is just the info that the campaign book should've had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I always liked the narrative around the supplies where somehow most of them aren't just things everyone would take as a matter of course when heading into the wilderness.

"Sorry, my backpack is full of food, no room for a compass."

"What about your pockets?"

"They're also full of food."