Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Killing Jelq posted:

It is extremely low in fat (around 0.5%) and it has a powerful penetrating smell.

I've repeatedly asked you to stop identifying venn diagrams I partially overlap in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ColTim posted:

"Fart Proudly" (also called "A Letter to a Royal Academy about farting", and "To the Royal Academy of Farting") is the popular name of an essay about flatulence written by Benjamin Franklin c. 1781 while he was living abroad as United States Ambassador to France.[1][2]

This letter was Ben Franklin trolling the British by saying "you guys think you're so smart why don't you make your farts not stink?" It's pretty great.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This letter was Ben Franklin trolling the British by saying "you guys think you're so smart why don't you make your farts not stink?" It's pretty great.

Andre 1800

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

ben franklin invented daylight saving time as a goof on the dummies who wanted it, and now people think it's real. that makes me so mad

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
However, the story about Widlar bringing a goat to trim the lawn in front of his office, retold by The New York Times after his death,[14] was incorrect.[19] It was a sheep, not a goat;[69] Widlar brought her in his Mercedes-Benz convertible for just one day, which included a photo op for the local journalists.[19]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

prefect posted:

ben franklin invented daylight saving time as a goof on the dummies who wanted it, and now people think it's real. that makes me so mad

we should have more date/time fuckery imo, keep people & machines on their toes.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The Killing Jelq posted:

It is extremely low in fat (around 0.5%) and it has a powerful penetrating smell.

this is the grossest looking cheese i've ever seen lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

fool of sound posted:

i would eat that cheese

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

fool of sound posted:

Impressive, in a world where casu martzu exists

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

fool of sound posted:

turn on your foreskin

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

he claimed that Denver, Colorado would be struck by a ray from space that would cause all metal to adopt the qualities of rubber, leading to horrific accidents at amusement parks.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Jabberlock posted:

he claimed that Denver, Colorado would be struck by a ray from space that would cause all metal to adopt the qualities of rubber, leading to horrific accidents at amusement parks.

*boioioningngng* Aaaa-hooo-hu-hu-huyie

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Horrific? Or hilarious?

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Jabberlock posted:

one of jonny's ham experiments probably do just this

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Carthag Tuek posted:

i would eat that cheese

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

DJ Commie posted:

one of jonny's ham experiments probably do just this

jonny taps into a 500 kV transmission line and mad sciences himself up a gigawatt transmitter

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yes.

Grum
May 7, 2007
"Old Eighty-Six": The origin of this nickname is unclear. According to rumour it either referred to his height or to the length of his penis,[34] which was said to measure up to a pile of 86 Mexican silver dollars when erect.[35][36][a] Mexican silver dollars were a common currency in China at the time.[38]

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Grum posted:

"Old Eighty-Six": The origin of this nickname is unclear. According to rumour it either referred to his height or to the length of his penis,[34] which was said to measure up to a pile of 86 Mexican silver dollars when erect.[35][36][a] Mexican silver dollars were a common currency in China at the time.[38]

From afar, Mount Tai looks blackish,
Narrow on top and wide at the bottom.
If you flipped it upside down,
It would be narrow at the bottom and wide on top.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Description
English: Pouring one out
Date 31 August 2020
Source Own work
Author LittleT889

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Regardless of the term's literary use, anything that meets the broad definition of a "map" that describes the location of a "treasure" could appropriately be called a "treasure map."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

not worthless, just neat

quote:

As a consequence of the scandal, a total of 27,000,000 litres of wine (corresponding to 36 million bottles or seven months' worth of Austria's total wine exports at the pre-1985 level) had to be destroyed by the West German authorities, which had confiscated or otherwise collected the wine. Doing this in an environmentally acceptable way proved to be something of a challenge, because DEG was incompatible with sewage treatment plants. In the end, the wine was disposed of and destroyed by being poured into the ovens of a cement plant as a cooling agent instead of water.[6] In Austria it was reported that the wine, mixed with other agents, was used as a road antifreeze in the particuarly severe continental winter of February to March 1986.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Malloc Voidstar posted:

At the time of Charlie's execution in 1923, it was claimed that he had killed five people, had appeared in over 180 films, and was over 150 years old,[8] and at least some[weasel words] of that was partially[weasel words] true.
In 1915, 30 men armed with rifles and a machine gun went after him.[1] Or maybe a lone man on horseback found him by the river.[10] One afternoon in 1919, trainer George Englehardt returned him home safely.[11]

matti
Mar 31, 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_comedians

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

so many good jokes here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l80t8anzVO4

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

The recent trend of consumption of hangover-release in Korea is reflecting a change in consciousness.(2019) It's called "Nasimbi." In the past, the older generation in Korea placed importance on the sense of community "we," but recently, super-individualism that values "I"'s own satisfaction is rapidly under way. And that change is reflected in many industries as well as the hangover market. As a concrete example, people have increased interest in healthy eating and "health" such as drinking alone and home drinking. For his health, more customers are looking for a hangover product even though he drank a little. In addition, the value of consumer spending, which happily opens its purse to slightly more expensive products for health, is expanding. This trend is now further driving growth in the hangover and beverage market.[4]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

A similar jocular glyph (called "double-dot wide O") has been suggested as a phonetic symbol for the "nasal-ingressive velar trill", a paralinguistic impression of a snort, due to the graphic resemblance to a pig snout.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

The character was proposed for inclusion into Unicode in 2007 and incorporated as character U+A66E in Unicode version 5.1 (2008). The representative glyph had seven eyes. However, in 2021, following a tweet highlighting the character, it came to linguist Michael Everson's attention that the character in the 1429 manuscript was actually made up of ten eyes. After a 2022 proposal to change the character to reflect this, it was updated later that year for Unicode 15.0 to have ten eyes.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

A legitimate biblically accurate unicode character :aaaaa:

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
Fannette Island was the home of Captain Dick "Them's my toes" Barter from 1863 to 1873

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i mean, it's true, the torah literally forbids it, why do you think the orthodox jews look how they do

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i don't think that's in the thread because its veracity is in question

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Is it specifically razors? Can you shave with some other tool?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Is it specifically razors? Can you shave with some other tool?

finding inventive new ways to rules lawyer g-d is pretty much a longstanding judaic tradition

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
god likes when you use the brain that he gave you

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
imagine god were real, what a sick motherfucker that would have to be

now imagine you're in charge of figuring out what does and doesn't piss it off

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the best judaism hack is still the eruv

problem: god has decreed that you cannot do certain things outside of your home on the sabbath

solution: redefine "home" to cover the entire neighborhood, go hog wild

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

haveblue posted:

the best judaism hack is still the eruv

problem: god has decreed that you cannot do certain things outside of your home on the sabbath

solution: redefine "home" to cover the entire neighborhood, go hog wild

you are missing the best part which is how they actually accomplish this. what defines the inside of your home? why, the walls that enclose it, of course. so if the neighborhood were walled, you could consider it as one large home. now that neighborhood wall, surely it would need at least one gate, so that people can enter and leave. well, what if we made the entire wall out of gates? that is, we will string up a high wire on poles so that it encloses the neighborhood. the poles are the only "wall" parts of the wall. everywhere else is a gate. mission accomplished

god loves it when you rules-lawyer him like this. but what if some rear end in a top hat gets up on a ladder and cuts the wire? now the wall is broken, and you are violating god's law. so you better believe they check before each sabbath!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

can't do work on the sabbath, and actuating electrical switches counts as work, so you can't press elevator buttons.

solution: sabbath mode on elevators that automatically cycles through every floor in the building