Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Carp
May 29, 2002

Another Soundcloud track inspired by this thread. https://soundcloud.com/integral-carp/square-shape-cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Maybe, maybe not. Tarot has always been a side interest for me, but progress was made quickly.

I think the first time I started to really believe in it was when I was actually using it in the context of a game. We started a new rpg campaign with a group of friends and I chose to be a cartomancer/fortune teller and brought my oracle deck to use in the game. First session when we introduced ourselves I did some readings for the other players and they were like WTF because apparently I was describing their secret backgrounds.

Later in the game there was a whodunit scenario where we had to find a murderer in an inn. There were plenty of suspects with motives so the group asked me to do a reading. I did one and I was like "I don't know guys the cards tell me it's the cook but it's not even a suspect". So the scenario continued and eventually we discover it was actually the cook the murderer. I told the GM "you're kidding me, you did this because of my reading" and he showed me his scenario and it was the cook from the start.

Since that day I know it works and the friends from the game think I have special powers :D

So when TSH said not to treat it seriously and like a game, it made a ton of sense to me.

That's amazing :allears: and makes a lot of sense with how I have been understanding divination in general. In my experience, successful divination will provide a sketch of the path ahead with the currently understood variables factored into the prediction. Human interference, free will and choices, are like, the absolute number one random element / source of interference in trying to chart out accurate possibility/probability. So you experimentally predicting the course of a bunch of pre-planned events and revelations was probably the actual ideal scenario for you to discover divination is real and strong and your friend :lol:

e: I think being able to find the right perspective to peer into/under the cards for meaning is influenced a lot by how you are personally interacting with the concept of divination, as well. It makes a lot of sense that "a game" works very well for a lot of people -- particularly given cards are themselves associated with playing games. Since tarot is sort of a secondary divination form for me reading them as conversation seems to work into my mind a little bit better -- I have spent so much time cultivating a personal relationship with my Gods through mysticism I think I am just primed to understand things better using that perspective.

When I did Zorn's reading yesterday there was a flash of the reading just feeling like an actual communicated sentence, like it felt like I had for euphronius the day before that. But I overthought it far too much and started second guessing what I had "heard" in favor of what I was seeing.

LITERALLY A BIRD has issued a correction as of 15:30 on Sep 19, 2023

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Carp posted:

Another Soundcloud track inspired by this thread. https://soundcloud.com/integral-carp/square-shape-cloud

yr username is extremely appropriate to this thread

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

When I did Zorn's reading yesterday there was a flash of the reading just feeling like an actual communicated sentence, like it felt like I had for euphronius the day before that. But I overthought it far too much and started second guessing what I had "heard" in favor of what I was seeing.

Yup, you are making progress fast!

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

With practice you will gain confidence, and with confidence it's going to be less about the standard possible meanings of the cards, and more about developping your intuition and learning to listen to it.

SpaceGoatFarts has issued a correction as of 15:58 on Sep 19, 2023

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:glomp: thank you, I appreciate you and your encouragement :lovebird:
If I am being honest I doubt I will ever reach the level I see you two operating at; I don't think it is my particular gift. But it is proving wildly helpful to have at least some of the basics available to me.

I love that your focus is OG astrology, I looked into that abyss only long enough to realize if I wanted to get fluent in it I would need to invest far more time than I was willing/able. It was fascinating though, so much more information available from star-study than I had ever guessed. What set you down this path, if I can ask?

I was baked, watching an esoterica video in the fall of 2021. I had kicked my ex out of my house and was in a different headspace about weird poo poo; it was a discussion about Hellenistic Astrology and fate as a concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR-paFQ76HY

it made me begin casually looking into it, mostly through Chris Brennan's freely available stuff.

By spring next year (the sun was in pisces, jupiter had just retrograded back into pisces as well; that's all i remember since i was learning to read charts at that moment), I was frustrated by the generalized nature and insider baseball kind of jargon i was running into, and I arranged to pay for some classes piecemeal, on hellenistic astrology.

So, I went from not being able to recognize most of the glyphs, much less understand the symbolism of like, [planet] in [sign], to learning from a course that largely pulls from Valens and a few other sources, but Valens seems to hold supremacy where the ancient sources disagree for the course, and he really is the backbone of how i read stuff myself.

So before about september 2021, i would've made fun of anyone that took astrology seriously, but at this point i know more about it and take it more seriously than most people ever will. That's life I guess? I see myself the fool quite often, but there's a really fun system underneath the hood of serious astrology, and the fact there are rules and an approach that is understood as a system is just crack cocaine for how my brain is wired.

I think the type of astrology I was so allergic and hostile to is still worthy of contempt, but it's a different thing now, where I really just lament the ignorance and the vibes based nonsense that woo circles trade in.

Like, hellenistic techniques can be really spooky. I've called enough poo poo with them in the lives of my friends and family that people come to me now for electional advice and stuff (which sucks because im not very good at electional astrology tbh)

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 15:47 on Sep 19, 2023

Carp
May 29, 2002

Squizzle posted:

yr username is extremely appropriate to this thread

Sounds ominous

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Carp posted:

Sounds ominous

one might say, something fishy about it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Carp posted:

Sounds ominous

:agreed:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

karma interacts with the cards and vice Versa. I don’t think it’s too mysterious a concept but the nitty gritty takes practice probably

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

also for knowing almost nothing about me your reading was relevant and resonated with my inner self

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022
Here's some new poo poo that can be added to the 'Underwater Bases' lore. The OP of the thread is still adding info a week later in the comments. Big highlights are:
- Octopus people living in the porous earth's mantel
- Jimmy Carter nuked them in '77 (Vela Incident), this is why he cried
- Moon is full of water from when it broke off of the earth, might be moon people up there
- MIC is gearing up for an US or Them hyper war in 2027
- More goofy poo poo!

https://www.reddit.com/user/Nskxbehcidnsjxodvr/comments/16g363p/truth_about_uap_in_light_of_harmful_disinformation/

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Fact number 12: Buddy, they won't even let me

sombering

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Number 1: that's terror

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
never heard of the Vela incident before, neat (not neat)

nuclear weapons are bad imo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Human.Frank posted:

- Moon is full of water from when it broke off of the earth, might be moon people up there

https://interestingengineering.com/science/earths-magnetotail-forming-water-moon

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Article that Chris Mellon pointed to that explains some interesting history about UAP classification in DOE. The interesting parts are in the second half.

https://uapregister.substack.com/p/uap-disclosure-act-challenges-department?utm_medium=ios

Also, this author note at the end is.. interesting:

quote:

Please note that Gene Shannon is a pseudonym; the co-author of this article wishes to remain anonymous at this time for personal and professional reasons.

Zorn
Oct 24, 2000
Thanks to those who indulged me in my card queries! It has been useful hearing the interpretations of those with more experience. Now back to lurking and seeing where all this leads.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Tank from The Matrix posted:

Fact number 4: NHI are so much more advanced than is because of their proximity to the earth’s core. As a young species they were exposed to a reachable power source greater than anything naturally present on land. That’s why humans have been playing catch-up.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Human.Frank posted:

Here's some new poo poo that can be added to the 'Underwater Bases' lore. The OP of the thread is still adding info a week later in the comments. Big highlights are:
- More goofy poo poo!

https://www.reddit.com/user/Nskxbehcidnsjxodvr/comments/16g363p/truth_about_uap_in_light_of_harmful_disinformation/

Yesss

I've been having a pretty lovely day so vaping up some weed and frying my brain in juices such as this is the answer

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mooooooon riiiiiverrrr

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Human.Frank posted:

- More goofy poo poo!

Following this user's comments have been a wild ride the last week or so

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

someone find that deleted mermaid post from reddit and see if their poo poo fits with that one

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it

Barry Foster posted:

Yesss

I've been having a pretty lovely day so vaping up some weed and frying my brain in juices such as this is the answer

:same:

can't get enough of this poo poo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ah I found it (adding the word mermaids to this post so I can search for it later when I need it again)
https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/nm19la/archived_i_work_for_noaa_mermaids_are_real/

Also this orb I completely forgot about

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

the elusive orb, so easily forgotten

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
oceans, mantles, moons and stars, too much to pay attention to when there's the simple Orb to ponder

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

real?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:lol: it looks like a 90s point and click game that I desperately want to play

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

inchworm posted:

oceans, mantles, moons and stars,

ok but you need to finish this chanted invocation before i read the rest of yr post

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

oceans, mantles, moons and stars,
disclose the birds both near and far

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

real?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Trump would never wear that disgusting grey tie

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

inchworm posted:

ocean, mantle, moon and star
these goons long to see
one new post between two quotes
j'rooti, walk with me

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
It is you and I against Andromeda, J’rooti, do not forget.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Om namaḥ J’rooti :pray:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
this is me reading about the octopus people living in the deep sea who will wage war against the bipeds in 2027

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Imagine how lucky the alien hiders were that easily and automated realistic on demand CGI images became a popular breakthrough.

Every leak becomes a futile effort in balancing protecting your sources but also establishing credible chain of custody over the contents and metadata

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I wonder if the octopusfolks eat tiny humanoids

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

So a good friends brother in law was a military pilot and he asked him about the f35 thing:

That would be an incredibly bold operation to try to pull off on US soil, but malware being the cause makes the fleet grounding make a lot of sense even if there was no recovery component.

Just lol if you can hack the f35 and eject the pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ditching the close encounters of nth kind terminology in favor of the more robust lexicon used for hadith

give me the isnad of yr birds. regard no da’if orbs