Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:thunk:

https://v.redd.it/y436cwgiu6pb1/DASH_720.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

gotta make sure they don't have standing to sue if they turn out to be both human and alive enough for legal standing

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

D-Pad posted:

So a good friends brother in law was a military pilot and he asked him about the f35 thing:

That would be an incredibly bold operation to try to pull off on US soil, but malware being the cause makes the fleet grounding make a lot of sense even if there was no recovery component.

Just lol if you can hack the f35 and eject the pilot.

hmm, sounds like your secondary acquaintance may have hit his head on one too many jet canopies because that's dumb as gently caress. some dipshit marine hit the eject button because he's a brain dead wannabe war criminal

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Hatebag posted:

hmm, sounds like your secondary acquaintance may have hit his head on one too many jet canopies because that's dumb as gently caress. some dipshit marine hit the eject button because he's a brain dead wannabe war criminal

Sure, but then why ground all military aviation for 2 days?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

D-Pad posted:

clearing everyones schedules for the big surprise party theyre planning for a pilot w a birthday tomorrow

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Winkle-Daddy posted:

it's just going to take 2 days to teach everyone in airforce to not plug random USB drives from the parking lot into the ALIS computer in the F-35s.

called it

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My understanding is that it's only the marines who are grounding flights. The marines have had several major flight accidents in the past year, so it wouldn't be weird for them to do a mandatory training, but idk. My "wouldn't it be interesting" theory is that they're finally giving pilots safety briefings on UAP because maybe one of them caused an actual flight problem. The news reports did say that the jet's transponder was disabled for unknown reasons.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

D-Pad posted:

Because a bunch of dumbasses also got burned to cinders in an osprey crash a few days ago so clearly the marines need to rethink their ideas re: crashing.
the other branches didn't ground their fleets. it's standard procedure to ground them after training crashes - the navy grounded their t45s last year for a bit. presumably this also includes inspections on any plane components that are under suspicion

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i knew it was real all along

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

its the marines. their elite pilots have to spend two days in the ground to remember or learn how to distinguish it from the sky

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Zorn posted:

Thanks to those who indulged me in my card queries! It has been useful hearing the interpretations of those with more experience. Now back to lurking and seeing where all this leads.

Welcome and :justpost: imho

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Squizzle posted:

its the marines. their elite pilots have to spend two days in the ground to remember or learn how to distinguish it from the sky

commander sighing dejectedly as he takes the plane keys out of a marine's mouth

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
even in metal gear solid 4, otacon had to have his lil robot operating remotely to hack into stuff. so i think the plane did not fly itself with a malware usb, based off of that.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i meant to say on the ground

but maybe theyre undead, or jesus

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Never in doubt

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

esoteric homies, what is up with the year 2027. that reddit thread calls it out a few times as significant and normally I would be like "yeah whatever, 2027 is the new 2012" but for the fact my own personal divinations have also been calling out 2027 as A BIG ONE for a year and a half. I have a couple theories about the what but the "what" doesn't really matter yet I guess. My friend has an alert in his phone for the end of 2026 to check back in with me since I have just been like "I don't know man, I'm not gonna be proven or disproven until it actually comes around but I'm telling you so we can find out together :lol:"

I am perfectly willing to chalk it up to personal madness, but now I am wondering if it has been standing out to people here as well :tinfoil:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2027
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2067

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023

im the guy holding the mummy with one hand and waving my hand dangerously close to its fragile noodle arms

have some respect for the dead

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

hosed up if true

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

esoteric homies, what is up with the year 2027. that reddit thread calls it out a few times as significant and normally I would be like "yeah whatever, 2027 is the new 2012" but for the fact my own personal divinations have also been calling out 2027 as A BIG ONE for a year and a half. I have a couple theories about the what but the "what" doesn't really matter yet I guess. My friend has an alert in his phone for the end of 2026 to check back in with me since I have just been like "I don't know man, I'm not gonna be proven or disproven until it actually comes around but I'm telling you so we can find out together :lol:"

I am perfectly willing to chalk it up to personal madness, but now I am wondering if it has been standing out to people here as well :tinfoil:

I've gotten the same year through my personal meditations for a while. I take it with a grain of salt though

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lol Jose de Jesus Zalce Benitez is the doctor fraudster who has promoted hoaxes with his pal Maussen in the past

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

lol Jose de Jesus Zalce Benitez is the doctor fraudster who has promoted hoaxes with his pal Maussen in the past

my associate, dr. alienfraud, has verified the papier mache mummies are, in fact, real as hell

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I was on a climate blog yesterday which had 2027 as basically when all the bad poo poo is definitely going to be happening

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

500excf type r posted:

I was on a climate blog yesterday which had 2027 as basically when all the bad poo poo is definitely going to be happening

What's the link?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

where we came from and what we are made of demands you face to her and accept sameness with you, lest your heart be poisoned from what you will see her do

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
im at the uap

im at the biosphere

im at the combination uap and biosphere collapse thread

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

even in metal gear solid 4, otacon had to have his lil robot operating remotely to hack into stuff. so i think the plane did not fly itself with a malware usb, based off of that.

the technology exists

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

behold, a tictac

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

my bony fealty posted:

source?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Show the skull you stupid idiots

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

inchworm posted:

im the guy holding the mummy with one hand and waving my hand dangerously close to its fragile noodle arms

have some respect for the dead

Paper mache is pretty strong

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The Saucer Hovers posted:

where we came from and what we are made of demands you face to her and accept sameness with you, lest your heart be poisoned from what you will see her do

well. all praise the Queen of Heaven then.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/alien-mummy-peru/ I guess he said the same thing about some other mummy in the past

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Milosh posted:

What's the link?

https://arctic-news.blogspot.com/2023/09/?m=1

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Snopes posted:

Finally, Gaia.com (formerly known as Gaiam TV) web site has a long history of providing a platform for false and spurious pseudo-science, conspiracy theories, and paranormal claims. The company charges $95.40 per year for unlimited access to videos about remote viewing, contact with angels, alien abduction, crop circles, and the like.

We only had to pay $10 for it :smugbird:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/alien-mummy-peru/ I guess he said the same thing about some other mummy in the past

they did it in 2015 too with a "Roswell alien" that was just a mummified kid

https://www.seeker.com/roswell-alien-photo-revealed-as-mummified-boy-1769841047.html

passing off weird looking and possibly fake mummies as aliens is these dudes entire thing and people keep falling for it lol

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lucy holding some hosed up mutilated child's corpse and charlie brown running to kick it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I like how their skulls are shaped like Darth vaders helmet