Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah the food housing items are pretty low level garbage, but the system is kinda there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

hazardousmouse posted:

Don't the stats always suck? I don't see how you could do a catchall feast though

They're all HW levels or something yes. There would be no easy way to do a catchall feast unless it was more like, interact with sandwich stand and get a selection of sandwiches with different stat buffs.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I want the launcher to know when I'm on the same ip and not ask for password/code unless it changes.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

MatteusTheCorrupt posted:

I'd like it if quest targets you have to interact with could be clicked through people, so that you no longer have to run around and turn your camera just so in order to progress whenever a new patch/expansion drops.

Mash numpad 0

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mordiceius posted:

Question of the Day -

What would be some quality of life features that you would like to see revealed for Dawntrail?

Dig deep. Give a unique answer. No need to answer "updates to glamour dresser/plates" or "permanent glamour unlocks." We all agree the glamour system could use work.

For me, I would like to see the FC interface/features overhauled. The workshop is fine, although airships are worthless. But mainly, I would like to see a revamp of the FC buffs. Maybe add a calendar function. But mainly FC buffs. The current system sucks.

I would delay the beat drop in Lords of Verminion by three seconds so it could coincide with the round start. It drives me nuts that it does not

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

A “pass on all unrolled items” button on the dungeon/raid loot menu would be great.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

MatteusTheCorrupt posted:

I'd like it if quest targets you have to interact with could be clicked through people, so that you no longer have to run around and turn your camera just so in order to progress whenever a new patch/expansion drops.

If you aren't already hiding nameplates, just hold down X and it should make the nameplates disappear for players and make any NPCs/objectives super easy to click.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Here's another QOL thing I want -

Let me have voiced cutscenes auto-scroll and non-voiced cutscenes never auto-scroll.

I never used the auto-scroll for voiced cutscenes because as soon as I hit the non-voiced cutscene that follows it, I forget to turn it off and the text boxes are speeding along before I remember.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

aegof posted:

A “pass on all unrolled items” button on the dungeon/raid loot menu would be great.

Yes please.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

goblin week posted:

I would delay the beat drop in Lords of Verminion by three seconds so it could coincide with the round start. It drives me nuts that it does not

In a similar vein retime Rise so the SONIC BOOM and the explosion from divine judgment syncs up.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Mordiceius posted:

Here's another QOL thing I want -

Let me have voiced cutscenes auto-scroll and non-voiced cutscenes never auto-scroll.

I never used the auto-scroll for voiced cutscenes because as soon as I hit the non-voiced cutscene that follows it, I forget to turn it off and the text boxes are speeding along before I remember.

It's a minor thing, but if you weren't aware the bottom-right indicator in the text box changes depending on which is enabled. If it's a couple arrows in a continuous circle it's auto-play, if it's just a shape pointing down it's on manual. It's easily missed, but I found it surprisingly helpful once I realized that.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Onean posted:

It's a minor thing, but if you weren't aware the bottom-right indicator in the text box changes depending on which is enabled. If it's a couple arrows in a continuous circle it's auto-play, if it's just a shape pointing down it's on manual. It's easily missed, but I found it surprisingly helpful once I realized that.

Oh, I know its there. I'm just never usually paying attention to it. I'm going from cutscene to cutscene and when a voiced cutscene is almost immediately followed by an unvoiced cutscene, I would usually end up missing the first text box as I'm loving with the dialog box to switch.

Hell, I'd be happy with a compromise of "turn on/off autoscroll via single button press" vs having to press spacebar, then have a dialog box pop up where I confirm.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, a single button press option would definitely be nice.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mordiceius posted:

Hell, I'd be happy with a compromise of "turn on/off autoscroll via single button press" vs having to press spacebar, then have a dialog box pop up where I confirm.
the thing you want is just the plugin Yes Already then :ssh:

(Seriously though, there are probably... seventy?... dialogue boxes I'd just want them to add an option to toggle the removal of altogether. "Always say yes to this" handles a surprising amount of stuff!)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Move relic grind tokens (eg. Atmas) into the key items section.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kazinsal posted:

Move relic grind tokens (eg. Atmas) into the key items section.

Really any tokens at all. I'd really like to not have all these Bozja coins, cracked clusters, Euphrosyne coins, mogtomes, etc etc etc all in my inventory at all times.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Speaking of tokens - put the name of the NPC or zone or some indication where you're supposed to turn them in on the token's item description.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

I'm pretty sure it's literally not possible to fill your key items inventory,. Adding every ex trial and savage raid token might come close though.

there's 35 key item slots, and a single expansion has 12 savage tokens (1 for each floor). unless the key item inventory is larger than it looks, all savage + extreme tokens overflow it easily

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

New QoL: a second page for the key items!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dyes and Common & Rare Crafting Materials need to be given the Crystals treatment.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

I know we know that the glam system could use improvements, but it would be terribly nice to treat dyes as currency or registered in a separate menu. We’ve condensed glamour prisms to two functional slots instead of over a dozen, but dye collections get big. Shoutout to my chocobo for holding all of my special dyes, in case of emergency! E: beaten by 3 minutes on this one

Another thing I’d like is alphabetization. I imagine this is an issue across languages, but very few things can be sorted alphabetically. That’s not a huge issue on the Market Board, but I’d like the option a lot. I’d also like it for my inventory. It’s small QoL, but I’d appreciate it when I’m looking for That One Thing and I can’t see it because of the chaos.

Big agree on “Pass All Unrolled Loot.” Makes me think about WoW’s roll to disenchant items option, as well, though that’s less valuable in FFXIV.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
New QoL suggestion: Job stone requirements in df.

And ilvl syncing on max level content.

We just had an FC member finish Endwalker and thankfully we convinced him to go in min ilvl. That's gotta be such a poo poo experience for people enjoying the game a hit that boss unsynced.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 19, 2023

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Considering they had to delete belts to add more armoury chest space for the other gear slots, I'm pretty sure doing this would necessitate like, removing chocobo storage.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

Considering they had to delete belts to add more armoury chest space for the other gear slots, I'm pretty sure doing this would necessitate like, removing chocobo storage.

They wouldn't even be able to do that, the only reason chocobo saddlebags exist is because there's spare space in the chocobo code they could use for inventory, they wouldn't be able to use that code without access to chocobos, so you'd have half your key item inventory inaccessible in dungeons.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Mordiceius posted:

Question of the Day -

lol I'm still waiting for FC alliances and it has been like 9 years since they talked about those last. :(

Serious answers? I still want a fishing tackle box, too.

As a PS5 player, I would really like them to have official options for chat to appear in text bubbles as well. It's infuriating that this is still not an option.

Vitamean posted:

they should let you be left-handed

:yeah: this would be nice.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

And ilvl syncing on max level content.

We just had an FC member finish Endwalker and thankfully we convinced him to go in min ilvl. That's gotta be such a poo poo experience for people enjoying the game a hit that boss unsynced.

these shouldn't even be things we need to ask for, these should be requirements. Jesus Christ, EW end boss and Aglaia just melt, and they're current content.. SW and ShB aren't much better. They need to address this.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Red Metal posted:

there's 35 key item slots, and a single expansion has 12 savage tokens (1 for each floor). unless the key item inventory is larger than it looks, all savage + extreme tokens overflow it easily

Electric Phantasm posted:

I doubt it's infinite, but, uh, there's more than 35 slots.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

HPanda posted:

A new random Mount/Minion button that lets me say “everything possible except this one and that one”. Favorites doesn’t go high enough to pull that off but i think most of us have that one mount or two that we always immediately stop and random mount again if we get it.

Yes, I get it, random roulette, take your chances and accept fate and all that, but it would be nice.

there is a good mount roulette addon that lets you do stuff like this.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I want tank stance to stay toggled! >=[

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

I want tank stance to stay toggled! >=[

Nothing worse than fate grinding as a tank. :negative:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Onean posted:

They said 35 Key Item Slots. The Key Items page is 5 across by 7 deep, and unless my basic maths are wrong, 5*7=35.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

35 x 3 = 105

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Kerrzhe posted:

35 x 3 = 105

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

now i wonder if you can't actually see those 2 extra grids if you don't have your inventory in big mode?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

35 x 3 = 105
Oh! I was thrown off by it saying Items above the left side. drat, that's a lot of wasted space.

Right up there with the space that holds the Aether Compass.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Kerrzhe posted:

now i wonder if you can't actually see those 2 extra grids if you don't have your inventory in big mode?
If you have it in small mode you just see 25 key items slots usually, but if you manage to fill those up then a new tab appears.

I've seen it claimed before that the the key items are actually just part of your quest progress flags, and the UI is just mimicking the inventory display with no way those slots could be changed to hold real items.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

That wouldn't surprise me, although I still have my aether compass with its grayed-out red slash icon (since it's been removed as an "item")

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I thought I'd filled one of my retainers and then discovered there's two more tabs.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Onean posted:

well that'll show me for keeping the default settings

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I rage-closed the client today because in a DF roulette I had both DPS'ers sans job stones, obviously making Funy Youtube or whatever, and when we got to the end of aetherochemical they just folded like wet lettuce and I let my baser emotions get the best of me.

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fix that drat unicorn mount quest so that you can run it without removing your job stone as well