Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Strawberry Panda posted:

The free rewards tracks for Twist are dumb because they're tempting me to spend 5200 in dust to earn $2 in packs. I'm not gonna do it but gently caress that play or destroy 4 old gods quest.
You could also just craft old mate yogg and put it into a druid shell that only runs removal and draw. Only objective is to survive and mash yogg asap and then move on with the quest. Though you may end up winning a game on accident like me when yogg buffs itself and decides to also get charge for a treat

But yeah those quests that require you to own specific cards kinda suck! Playing ten titans is another offender that came up recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

The free rewards tracks for Twist are dumb because they're tempting me to spend 5200 in dust to earn $2 in packs. I'm not gonna do it but gently caress that play or destroy 4 old gods quest.

It's not 4 different old gods if you think that's what it is. Shouldn't everyone have a free C'thun or was that only a one time thing at the time whispers of the old gods came out?

It's still annoying because getting to 8 mana against all these aggro and tempo decks might be a tall order if you're missing some crucial cards to get you there. The twist meta has ended up really disappointing that way.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 16, 2023

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Tin Tim posted:

You could also just craft old mate yogg and put it into a druid shell that only runs removal and draw. Only objective is to survive and mash yogg asap and then move on with the quest. Though you may end up winning a game on accident like me when yogg buffs itself and decides to also get charge for a treat

But yeah those quests that require you to own specific cards kinda suck! Playing ten titans is another offender that came up recently

Oenis posted:

It's not 4 different old gods if you think that's what it is. Shouldn't everyone have a free C'thun or was that only a one time thing at the time whispers of the old gods came out?

It's still annoying because getting to 8 mana against all these aggro and tempo decks might be a tall order if you're missing some crucial cards to get you there. The twist meta has ended up really disappointing that way.

Yeah the issue is if I don't have the cards then I'm really spending a lot of time hoping my opponent has them, or if I do that I get the mana and also get the card.

Play ten titans sucks. Last expansion was play a bunch of weapons from that specific set, which also sucked. Would take an hour or so to complete, even in casual, which keeps me from laddering.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yeah the issue is if I don't have the cards then I'm really spending a lot of time hoping my opponent has them, or if I do that I get the mana and also get the card.
You don't even have c'thun? I think it still comes 4 free if you open whispers packs. The same thing as with yogg still applies though. You make a deck with draw and removal and just concede after playing your guy. I did that with yogg druid and it took a little while due to druid getting boned by rogue in twist. God so many rogues...

Strawberry Panda posted:

Play ten titans sucks. Last expansion was play a bunch of weapons from that specific set, which also sucked. Would take an hour or so to complete, even in casual, which keeps me from laddering.
Playing ten weapons wasn't bad if you had the priest weapon. You could fetch it, copy it with that one kobold and also make more copies of the kobold to your hand. I usually did that in two games with the rest of the deck being draw and a tiny bit of removal. Ten titans works kinda similar for me but takes a lot longer. I only have the paladin one so I copy it with zola and two bankers to get four possible plays of it per game. I also run one augmented elekk but it almost never sticks. The rest of the deck is again just draw and removal. More tedious than I would like but that's what I gotta do.

In general I feel hs questing becomes a lot more smooth once you accept that you don't need to win games. Your deck just needs to accomplish whatever tasks are in your quest pool before you explode

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Tin Tim posted:

You don't even have c'thun? I think it still comes 4 free if you open whispers packs. The same thing as with yogg still applies though. You make a deck with draw and removal and just concede after playing your guy. I did that with yogg druid and it took a little while due to druid getting boned by rogue in twist. God so many rogues...

Playing ten weapons wasn't bad if you had the priest weapon. You could fetch it, copy it with that one kobold and also make more copies of the kobold to your hand. I usually did that in two games with the rest of the deck being draw and a tiny bit of removal. Ten titans works kinda similar for me but takes a lot longer. I only have the paladin one so I copy it with zola and two bankers to get four possible plays of it per game. I also run one augmented elekk but it almost never sticks. The rest of the deck is again just draw and removal. More tedious than I would like but that's what I gotta do.

In general I feel hs questing becomes a lot more smooth once you accept that you don't need to win games. Your deck just needs to accomplish whatever tasks are in your quest pool before you explode

Yeah I think what I'm getting is I should ask this thread for advice on how to complete any given quest rather than trying to figure out how to do it on my own. Thank you for your insight!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
10 Titans is kind of annoying but a week gives you both plenty of time to do it and plenty of reroll opportunities.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I kinda feel like Titans should have summoning sickness apply to their abilities as well, but have immunity to everything until your next turn so they're not as easily dispatched.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

10 Titans is kind of annoying but a week gives you both plenty of time to do it and plenty of reroll opportunities.

I only have like 3 days a week I can log on for an hour or so :/

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I kinda feel like Titans should have summoning sickness apply to their abilities as well, but have immunity to everything until your next turn so they're not as easily dispatched.

I don’t think a single Titan, as designed, is playable at all under these restrictions. Slow effects just aren’t worth playing in modern Hearthstone.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I don’t understand what this would do. Please explain because I’m missing something.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
BIG HEADLINE wants to force warlocks to wait until turn 6 (w/coin) before they start generating 3/4 taunts

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

This brawl is miserable, even worse than the usual coin flips somehow because it takes forever to play out.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I would prefer the Priest Titan destroy and nor remove from game, but they're pretty balanced and OK?

Anyway have a new Reno Hunter. It's good and fun. Needs some work still:

### Reno Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 1x (0) Serpentbloom
# 1x (1) Costumed Singer
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 1x (2) Barrel of Monkeys
# 1x (2) Cat Trick
# 1x (2) Dun Baldar Bunker
# 1x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Hidden Meaning
# 1x (2) Ice Trap
# 1x (2) Pressure Plate
# 1x (2) Selective Breeder
# 1x (2) Snipe
# 1x (2) Wandering Monster
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (2) ZOMBEEEES!!!
# 1x (3) Acidmaw
# 1x (3) Cloaked Huntress
# 1x (3) Dreadscale
# 1x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Petting Zoo
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Stitched Tracker
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (0) Serpentbloom
# 1x (5) Star Power
# 1x (5) Trial of the Jormungars
# 1x (4) Stormpike Battle Ram
# 1x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (5) Star Power
# 1x (5) Subject 9
# 1x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Aggramar, the Avenger
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 1x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Wild Bloodstinger
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (8) Stranglethorn Heart
#
AAEBAa/XAyi7Ba4GyRTKFMMW+LECxLQC080C39IChtMCp4IDu6ED/KMDn6UDpqUDhOID6ukD8OwD5u4DlPwDq40E25EEqZ8E458E2KME5aQEma0E57kEg8gEl+8Ep6QF/cQFj+QF6OgF6vIF8/IF0vgF0/gF1/kFmaEGAAABA+buA/3EBfPyBf3EBZmhBv3EBQAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Pay attention to turn 8 here lol:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/76PCaFDVj8BTaQBoz7dkDc

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
This miniset seems incredibly boring. No new archetypes enabled, and no weak ones got a push. A few old decks that were already good get a new card or two, and there’s some generic effects that could go in any set. (It’s kind of astonishing how pointless the Death Knight set feels.) I guess they’re relying on the anomalies to keep things interesting until the winter expansion.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I’m super salty DK didn’t get another plague card. Honestly the set seems very boring but the priest legendary might go in an Undead deck? Which is one of my favorites to play but it’s also boring.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Oh god undead priest is gonna be oppressive, isn't it. I think I'll take a break. Why do they continually need to push boring archetypes and leave the interesting and fun ones to fend for themselves? I also would have loved more plague DK support.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
For Undead Priest specifically, I assume it's because giving Priest a good deck that isn't control has kind of been their white whale for a while and so far it's only kind of worked out.

Anyway, I agree that this miniset has a terminal lack of interesting cards. Maybe the Chaotic Tendril package will be better than expected and we'll be pleasantly surprised, but until then I can't help but think they wasted a big chunk of this set on something that doesn't work.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

This is better now:

### SpheReno Hunter
# Class: Hunter
#
# 1x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 1x (0) Serpentbloom
# 1x (1) Flare
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 1x (2) Barrel of Monkeys
# 1x (2) Cat Trick
# 1x (2) Dun Baldar Bunker
# 1x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Hidden Meaning
# 1x (2) Ice Trap
# 1x (2) Pressure Plate
# 1x (2) Selective Breeder
# 1x (2) Snipe
# 1x (2) Wandering Monster
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (2) ZOMBEEEES!!!
# 1x (3) Acidmaw
# 1x (3) Cloaked Huntress
# 1x (3) Dreadscale
# 1x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Stitched Tracker
# 1x (0) Serpentbloom
# 1x (5) Star Power
# 1x (4) Stormpike Battle Ram
# 1x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (5) Star Power
# 1x (5) Subject 9
# 1x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Aggramar, the Avenger
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 1x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Wild Bloodstinger
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (8) Stranglethorn Heart
#
AAEBAa/XAyi7Ba4GgAfJFMoUwxb4sQLEtALTzQLf0gKG0wKnggO7oQP8owOfpQOmpQOPzgPq6QPw7APm7gOU/AOrjQTbkQSpnwTjnwTYowTlpASZrQTnuQSDyASX7wSnpAX9xAWP5AXq8gXz8gXS+AXT+AXX+QWZoQYAAAED5u4D/cQF8/IF/cQFmaEG/cQFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
### odyn bullshit
# Class: Warrior
#
# 2x (2) Battle Rage
# 2x (2) Bladestorm
# 2x (2) Corsair Cache
# 2x (2) Drywhisker Armorer
# 2x (2) Frozen Buckler
# 2x (2) Shield Block
# 2x (2) Stoneskin Armorer
# 2x (3) Blast from the Past
# 2x (3) Clockwork Goblin
# 2x (3) Heavy Plate
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (5) Platebreaker
# 1x (7) Rokara, the Valorous
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
# 2x (4) Hoard Pillager
# 2x (4) Igneous Lavagorger
# 2x (4) Rancor
# 2x (4) Wrenchcalibur
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 1x (6) Captain Galvangar
# 1x (7) Blastmaster Boom
# 1x (7) Dr. Boom, Mad Genius
# 1x (8) Odyn, Prime Designate
# 2x (10) Shield Shatter
#
AAEBAQcIkvgCm5QDk9ADiqUEltQEl+8E/cQFpfYFEJADz+cCl5QDmpQD6LADwLkDj+0D+YwE+owEiKAE784EjtQEtPgFtfgFofsFg6IGAAED+7AD/cQFvIoE/cQFi6AE/cQFAAA=
#

Greedy as gently caress and needs some refining, but it's kind of farming disco right now.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Only the legendary looks good at all for Undead priest, and I really don't think it's enough to revive the deck. You straight up cannot play healing spells in shadow priest so the one drop is completely pointless and the 2 mana 3 dmg spell is very mediocre.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I mean, Undead Priest didn’t really need an infusion of power. It’s already a good deck. The problem is that it’s a boring deck, so there’s not much interest in it aside from F2P players and people who want their ladder games to be as quick as possible. Drum Druid is the same sort of deal. These are the kinds of decks people play when they’re power outliers, but they tend to leave them alone otherwise.

If I’ve got a single criticism of this Hearthstone year, it’s that they’ve been unusually poor at pushing the fun archetypes. The powerful stuff has been pretty straightforward and linear, and the decks that have attracted player interest have generally come down on the underpowered side.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

bravesword posted:

I don’t think a single Titan, as designed, is playable at all under these restrictions. Slow effects just aren’t worth playing in modern Hearthstone.

If titans were like 2-3 mana and giant monsters casting effects each turn until they can attack I think that’s much more interesting than current 8 mana do not much version.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

bravesword posted:

This miniset seems incredibly boring. No new archetypes enabled, and no weak ones got a push. A few old decks that were already good get a new card or two, and there’s some generic effects that could go in any set. (It’s kind of astonishing how pointless the Death Knight set feels.) I guess they’re relying on the anomalies to keep things interesting until the winter expansion.

I saw a thing on YouTube where someone looked through the old minisets and determined that while they sometimes add new archetypes (Kaz being an obvious example) they don't really fix existing problems.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Every miniset in the past two years has substantially shaken up the meta. I don’t really see this one doing that unless I’m severely underestimating something.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Firebert posted:

Only the legendary looks good at all for Undead priest, and I really don't think it's enough to revive the deck. You straight up cannot play healing spells in shadow priest so the one drop is completely pointless and the 2 mana 3 dmg spell is very mediocre.

Twilight Torrent looks very good to me for the class generally, regardless of archetype. It's Frostbolt for Priest, plus healing from a Shadow spell, for the class that's the best at finding specific cards from discover and/or your deck. I haven't looked at Undead Priest lately to see if it makes the cut right now (it might not because Benedictus hero power is close enough), but it'll show up in control list and be a "glue" card for the next year.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh if you have Elixir of Hill giant strength in your inventory it’ll give you an option to use one if you get a Strength check

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the only classes I haven't gotten legend with yet are warrior and priest so I would like to thank team 5 for making my choice of what I play next month obvious

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I’m super salty DK didn’t get another plague card. Honestly the set seems very boring but the priest legendary might go in an Undead deck? Which is one of my favorites to play but it’s also boring.

On that note, I was really hoping Earthen Paladin would get some support because while it's pretty fun, it just get brutally shutdown by Aggro so loving hard.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Whatever Druid deck that can highroll a board of 8-attack taunt minions on turn 6 or 7 can gently caress right off.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

I did this too and I'll probably never play (this?) Twist again, it so dull lmao. They really improved the game when they increased the amount of good draw available to all classes.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

On that note, I was really hoping Earthen Paladin would get some support because while it's pretty fun, it just get brutally shutdown by Aggro so loving hard.

The board clear Paladins got kind of fits earthen decks but it doesn't really start paying off until you get a couple earthens going, and doesn't deal with the deck's biggest issue of not having any good plays turns 1-3

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

This was hitting a wall between d5 and early legend. The ETC pool is updated for more better wins:

### Discard Warlock
# Class: Warlock
#
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Wicked Whispers
# 2x (2) Boneweb Egg
# 2x (2) Chamber of Viscidus
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (2) Tiny Knight of Evil
# 2x (3) Dark Bargain
# 2x (3) Silverware Golem
# 2x (3) Walking Dead
# 1x (3) Ashen Elemental
# 1x (5) Symphony of Sins
# 1x (8) Cho'gall
# 2x (4) Fist of Jaraxxus
# 2x (4) Frenzied Felwing
# 2x (5) Soul Barrage
#
AAEBAcn1AgKPggP9xAUOzgfEFNkV1LMCvLYC8tAC/aQDurYD1dED0OEDmJIFq5IF86EG9qEGAAEDp+QE/cQF+cYF/cQF+KEG/cQFAAA=
#

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

2 Legendaries to brutalize Ranked Wild. It's fun too!

### Disco Symphony
# Class: Warlock
#
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Wicked Whispers
# 2x (2) Boneweb Egg
# 2x (2) Chamber of Viscidus
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (2) Tiny Knight of Evil
# 2x (3) Dark Bargain
# 2x (3) Silverware Golem
# 2x (3) Walking Dead
# 2x (4) Fist of Jaraxxus
# 2x (4) Frenzied Felwing
# 2x (5) Soul Barrage
# 1x (5) Symphony of Sins
#
AAEBAcn1AgKPggP5xgUOzgfEFNkV1LMCvLYC8tAC/aQDurYD1dED0OEDmJIFq5IF86EG9qEGAAA=
#

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 19, 2023

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

For sure not going to buy it if it costs real money, but the cthun druid hero is the first super jpg that has tempted me.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

Good news, it's now play 4 Titans.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I bought too many dumb caverns packs, now I gotta wait like a week or something before I can play with new cards. Do I even need to get excited or are they as low impact as they seem (excluding the priest legendary)? I guess with the new anomalies every game is a random clown fiesta anyways.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

They screwed up Cthun’s voice so that’s 25 bucks saved for me

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Two games in and anomalies have gotten an aggro druid to concede turn 2 and copied a Primus for my control warlock. It's going to be a long week.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

They screwed up Cthun’s voice so that’s 25 bucks saved for me

Seeing all the emotes, I have to agree. But It's better than Sargeras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I just had a straight up bug when a concoction didn't do what it said it would do…

Boatswain fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 20, 2023