Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Hey speaking of which remember when Larry David shilled for NFTs and Crypto during the Super Bowl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWMnbJJpeZc

the founding fathers section remains funny as hell because larrys position was the one they actually had despite the premise acting as if hes expressing the wrong minority opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Yeah, like in 24 it was weird that each episode was around an hour with breaks and they had 24 of the bloody things. Why not 13 and have them run no more than 20-25 minutes? Never got the logic.

no you completely misunderstood lol

more episodes of a good show means more good episodes. it means more meh to bad episodes as well but there's still more hours of good television in total

24 was just boring hack dreck top to bottom, making it a 10 episode miniseries wouldn't change that

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Season 1 of The Terror is a good old boat story, immobile old boat sure.

Twigand Berries has issued a correction as of 19:57 on Sep 19, 2023

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

24 ruled

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

24 sucked rear end

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Twigand Berries posted:

Season 1 of The Terror is a good old boat story, immobile old boat sure.

s1 is incredibly good, s2 is just ok.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

bedpan posted:

24 sucked rear end

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Nichael posted:

Did that show ever have a premise besides PSA stuff?

It's a cute show about a kid who lost his mother and how that affects all of the people in this life, while also being essentially a Magical Girl anime.

The scene above is by far the most explicit and clinical one about trauma but anxiety, depression, etc are handled a lot in the series.

It's pretty earnestly about being kind and empathetic and some folks feel the need to complain about it not beingThe Wire or whatever.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Started watching Foundation, watched the first two eps, seems okay but some scenarios are hard to believe, even in that universe. A pool in a spaceship? That has no one else swimming in it?? Maybe you can book the whole thing for an hour for yourself.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

grievin' universe

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

i watched master and commander for the first time this weekend and it was loving sick. can’t believe no one ever told me about it until a few years ago. yes I’m a 30 something dude why do you ask

i guess i should probably watch rrr next? idk i don’t watch a lot of movies

read this

it's what inspired my recent rewatch of master and commander

and i think scorcese + leo just bough the rights to adapt

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Steven Universe, much like Rick and Morty, was a victim of the times.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

if Napoleon does well more ship movies are coming

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

bobmarleysghost posted:

Started watching Foundation, watched the first two eps, seems okay but some scenarios are hard to believe, even in that universe. A pool in a spaceship? That has no one else swimming in it?? Maybe you can book the whole thing for an hour for yourself.

I think it's pretty good but the best parts are completely made up by the writers. I've read the books they were way less fun. The genetic dynasty stuff is great.

Haven't finished season 1 yet though.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Steven Universe, much like Rick and Morty, sucks rear end

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

what if i want my rear end to be sucked

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
He's complimenting those shows.

Eating rear end is fine and good

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Jaxyon posted:

He's complimenting those shows.

Eating rear end is fine and good

i thought wed moved on from discussing big mouth

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

indigi posted:

no you completely misunderstood lol

more episodes of a good show means more good episodes. it means more meh to bad episodes as well but there's still more hours of good television in total

24 was just boring hack dreck top to bottom, making it a 10 episode miniseries wouldn't change that

I liked the Star trek model where a third of the episodes were good and a third were embarrassingly bad. And I liked mid budget movies. And comedies where if a funny thing happened it had a sound effect like *sproing*.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Some Guy TT posted:

i thought wed moved on from discussing big mouth

big south mouth

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Nonsense posted:

if Napoleon does well more ship movies are coming

If Dudes truly do Rock, they'd watch this movie ten times in theaters. Hell you don't even need to watch it, just buy a couple of tickets per weekend and hang out at home maintaining your Twitter review bots and Rotten Tomatoes spam accounts pushing this movie UP.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

There will be more ship movies, but they will be terrible

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

*ship receives a full broadside* well THAT just happened. they shoot now???

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

so there's a blue beetle movie

and at one point george lopez advocates molotov cocktails for the corporation the main walks into to work with at the beginnning

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

But then one of them will be a Dungeons and Dragons Spelljammer movie and it will have that one Mindflayer that’s a pirate captain in it. People will say that it’s a lot of fun.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
oh yeah i saw the D&D movie and I would say it lived up to the hype of being "pretty good"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

oh yeah i saw the D&D movie and I would say it lived up to the hype of being "pretty good"

i had a great time. reminds me of like a modern fraiser The Mummy or National Treasure. just a fun adventure romp

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Oglethorpe posted:

so there's a blue beetle movie

and at one point george lopez advocates molotov cocktails for the corporation the main walks into to work with at the beginnning

oh wow i totally forgot this existed

i only ever knew it existed in the first place because the clickbait headlines kept going alright dawg we were totally wrong about the flash turning the dc cinematic universe around but blue beetle is gonna do it for reals yo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The bit where his bard projection malfunctions got the biggest laugh out of me of anything I can remember

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The bit where his bard projection malfunctions got the biggest laugh out of me of anything I can remember

I was watching this with my buddy for his first time seeing it and he asked me to pause it because he was laughing so hard.

admittedly, it's really funny.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Xaris posted:

i had a great time. reminds me of like a modern fraiser The Mummy or National Treasure. just a fun adventure romp

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They did a very good job balancing the meta-comedic stuff with having a plot that did exactly what it needed to: moved the characters from one set piece to another at a good clip

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I doubt many people would believe this opinion but, I've been watching my son play the story mode of Mortal Kombat 1, that was just released, and the writing is really good, and the voice acting is great too.

It's a slow building political intrigue, lol

starkebn has issued a correction as of 01:44 on Sep 20, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

They did a very good job balancing the meta-comedic stuff with having a plot that did exactly what it needed to: moved the characters from one set piece to another at a good clip

yea there were perhaps a few too many quips and i think they coulda refined that a bit, but overall most of the lines landed and were funny. its also the type of romping adventure flick where quips make sense and are expected

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

starkebn posted:

I doubt many people would believe this opinion but, I've been watching my son play the story mode of Mortal Kombat 1, that was just released, and the writing is really good, and the voice acting is great too.

whats it about

also is there any actual reason for homelander and omniman to be in it aside from just being the worlds most baffling fanservice

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Clip-On Fedora posted:

lin-manuel miranda's mutiny on the bounty

at the climactic battle, he turns to the camera and starts rapping:

i like big boats and i cannot lie
you other able seamen can't deny
that when a square-rigged barque with a quarterdeck
and forecastle in your face
you get sprung, you wanna sail out rough
cuz you noticed that mizzenmast was stuffed

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

it’s incredibly funny to me that the greatest work of liberal theater in the age of Being an Ally is about how rapping slavers were actually pretty cool dudes. no no it’s not problematic, they’re black now

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

at the time a lot of people criticized hamilton for all the historical inaccuracies, but the real hamilton was a technocrat who hated popular democracy and envisioned the government's primary role as maintaining aristocracy

so really miranda got it right that he's the forefather of american liberalism

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

starkebn posted:

It's a slow building political intrigue, lol

Do they have Shang Tsung promise to betray the heroes and then the heroes getting shocked that he betrays them?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Some Guy TT posted:

whats it about

also is there any actual reason for homelander and omniman to be in it aside from just being the worlds most baffling fanservice

I don't think those DLC characters are part of the story mode, unless they have their own separate story.

The story mode is about the main 22 (23) characters and Earthrealm and Outworld going at each other and the political factions in both realms have their own problems with each other.

Shang Tsung is trying to start a war is the main gist of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

oh wow i totally forgot this existed

i only ever knew it existed in the first place because the clickbait headlines kept going alright dawg we were totally wrong about the flash turning the dc cinematic universe around but blue beetle is gonna do it for reals yo

there were also clickbait headlines about how the strike is going to kill blue beetle bc WGA is racist. I'm like 90% sure you posted that article in here and I read it bc I would never be exposed to that kind of poo poo anywhere else but your posts.