Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Out of curiosity, which airport is it?

Seattle. She forgot them in the seatback pouch thingy when deboarding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I dont have a pet albums :(

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I've lost one kindle and one 3DS that way. never got those back, drat thieves!

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

kri kri posted:

I dont have a pet albums :(

I think it needs to process all the photos again after being plugged in, then your People and Pets section will have some unnamed pets at the end.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

smackfu posted:

I think it needs to process all the photos again after being plugged in, then your People and Pets section will have some unnamed pets at the end.

Hell yeah works great lol

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

sonatinas posted:

It started to work for me after a day of the typical new iOS indexing finished.
Oh hey yeah, same. I didn’t think it would need to do indexing before it worked but there we go

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
So is the iPhone review embargo expired today or is today’s new phone coverage only for “impressions”and not for reviews, whatever that means?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

MarcusSA posted:

Hell yeah works great lol

you better make a sparkly sticker of the dog with the headband so help me

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

buglord posted:

So is the iPhone review embargo expired today or is today’s new phone coverage only for “impressions”and not for reviews, whatever that means?
Looking on YouTube, it seems like some big tech sites and YouTube influencers got their hands on them and no one else.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TACD posted:

you better make a sparkly sticker of the dog with the headband so help me

That’s weird lol that picture isn’t listed under her pictures. Maybe it’s not done indexing.

The key picture is from the slideshow.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What the fuuuck Tim why don’t custom made stickers sync??? I made like 20 stickers of my cat on my iPhone and I can’t even use them on my iPad?!?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
False alarm I force quit messenger app and now they’re available luv u Tim apple

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Seattle. She forgot them in the seatback pouch thingy when deboarding

Ouch, yeah for Alaska the only way is to fill out the form if it’s at SEATAC. Good luck! Someone should find and return them, but it takes a little bit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They better add more sticker effects because those "puffy" and "shiny" ones are dogshit.

At least on cat stickers. Maybe they look good on non fuzzy things.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

buglord posted:

I’m just surprised no one seems to have pretended to already have a full review available a
to catch all the early clicks. Instead they’re caveating their reviews as early impressions.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Vegetable posted:

I’m just surprised no one seems to have pretended to already have a full review available a
to catch all the early clicks. Instead they’re caveating their reviews as early impressions.

The Verge seemed to have one: https://www.theverge.com/23879619/apple-iphone-15-pro-max-review

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Anyone use one of those wireless CarPlay adapters? I like the idea of installing a MagSafe mat in my car and not having to run a cord but if they stink or there’s a ton of latency I’ll just keep mine old school.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vegetable posted:

Seems like most of the big tech Youtubers got it but gotta milk the new iPhone for all the views so they're gonna split everything up as much as possible. Only reason I bet most people aren't just doing unboxing videos is because the unboxing takes about 20 seconds and you can't stretch talking about a braided cable far enough to make an algorithm satiating video. So you have your first impressions video, your review video, camera comparison video, possibly gaming video since I've seen a few people talk about Apple including an early version of Resident Evil 8 on the Pro review units.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I swear that since the last beta, Reflection - the default ringtone - has changed a little bit. There’s also a good chance I have gone slightly insane.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lol if you have heard a ringtone in the last 10 years. Turn on vibrate, leave on vibrate forever.

Context
Sep 11, 2006
I've just realized how I'm going to use the action button.

I have a habit of taking a screenshot of anything I want to come back to or reference later: forum posts, youtube videos, emails. It clutters up my photo library terribly. I think I can solve this by using the action button to trigger a shortcut to take a screenshot and add it to a designated list in Reminders. It looks like the screenshot doesn't get saved to the photo library that way. I've thought of doing this before, but whatever I use to activate the shortcut always appears in the screenshot (and nothing is as convenient as just pressing the two side buttons). I'd tried the same method with the "triple tap on device back" accessibility feature, but I found it way too inconsistent. I hope this works the way I want it to!

:woop:

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Rolo posted:

Anyone use one of those wireless CarPlay adapters? I like the idea of installing a MagSafe mat in my car and not having to run a cord but if they stink or there’s a ton of latency I’ll just keep mine old school.

I have a Carlinkit adaptor and it works fine. There is a small delay from the button push to the track change. But that seems to happen to me on other wireless CarPlay units too

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Skeezy posted:

Bullstrap

Look like nice cases, but these are made from real leather, I was looking for non-leather leather options: https://bullstrap.co/products/magsafe-iphone-cases-sienna?variant=43515355300034

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

FlapYoJacks posted:

lol if you have heard a ringtone in the last 10 years. Turn on vibrate, leave on vibrate forever.

Believe me I hate the sounds too, I just have it on during work hours.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Ever since iOS 16 or probably even before that, if you plug any iDevice into your Mac or iTunes, you get promted to "Trust this computer?" Okay, fine. It wants to make sure I'm the one that plugged it in.

But then if you try to do anything else, it prompts you two or three more times. Trust this computer? Trust this computer? Trust this computer?

And it still isn't fixed in iOS 17. I'm starting to suspect that it's deliberate punishment for having the audacity to use anything other than iCloud.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Bum cable?

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.

Rolo posted:

I got one on sale off amazon for $30. It works but is quirky. I had to update the firmware for it to work initially. It will randomly disconnect sometimes or reboot. I had it go into a boot loop once. The latency isn't terrible but it's noticeable. Like skip to next song wait two/three seconds and next song starts playing. For the price it's fine. I remember seeing some for close to a $100. At that price I would not bother.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Ever since iOS 16 or probably even before that, if you plug any iDevice into your Mac or iTunes, you get promted to "Trust this computer?" Okay, fine. It wants to make sure I'm the one that plugged it in.

But then if you try to do anything else, it prompts you two or three more times. Trust this computer? Trust this computer? Trust this computer?

And it still isn't fixed in iOS 17. I'm starting to suspect that it's deliberate punishment for having the audacity to use anything other than iCloud.
I thought it had to do with using third party cables. I get this literally every time I plug it in lol

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Vegetable posted:

I thought it had to do with using third party cables. I get this literally every time I plug it in lol

Nope, using official cables here. It's bad enough that it can actually screw up what you're trying to do. Before you could just plug it in and hit "backup" or "update" and it would do it. Now there's like a 50/50 chance that if you don't sit there and monitor the whole process, it will fail because it prompted for your PIN while you weren't paying attention.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
The pet thing in Photos does an amazingly good job at distinguishing between the many black cats I know. Neat!

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Nope, using official cables here. It's bad enough that it can actually screw up what you're trying to do. Before you could just plug it in and hit "backup" or "update" and it would do it. Now there's like a 50/50 chance that if you don't sit there and monitor the whole process, it will fail because it prompted for your PIN while you weren't paying attention.

It’s a mitigation for a security vulnerability. The change was made in iOS 16.1.

https://theevilbit.github.io/posts/cve-2022-32929/

https://imazing.com/blog/ios-backup-passcode-prompt

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

I don't understand why for Standby you have to choose a city for your clock rather than just showing you the time the phone is already displaying, but bigger.

StandBy is great but it's insane how limited the feature is at this point. I can't believe you're required to have your phone resting horizontally for it to work. 99.9% of existing docks are made to hold your iPhone in portrait orientation. Sure, horizontal looks great, but if you don't already have a standing MagSafe charger, you probably can't use StandBy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Euphoriaphone posted:

StandBy is great but it's insane how limited the feature is at this point. I can't believe you're required to have your phone resting horizontally for it to work. 99.9% of existing docks are made to hold your iPhone in portrait orientation. Sure, horizontal looks great, but if you don't already have a standing MagSafe charger, you probably can't use StandBy.

Apple doesn't even have a first party charger that works with standby.

I guess the Belkin stuff commands apple tier prices so close enough.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Context posted:

I'd tried the same method with the "triple tap on device back" accessibility feature, but I found it way too inconsistent. I hope this works the way I want it to!

Yeah the back tap stuff seems pretty flaky. I’m glad I only use it for convenience and not out of necessity!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

All the early 15 Pro reviews seem to prefer the natural titanium color which I initially gravitated toward but ultimately ordered blue. I used my Verizon upgrade so I’m not sure how I can swap it now.

I chose…poorly. :negative:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

All the early 15 Pro reviews seem to prefer the natural titanium color which I initially gravitated toward but ultimately ordered blue. I used my Verizon upgrade so I’m not sure how I can swap it now.

I chose…poorly. :negative:
You’re gonna put it in a case and never see the color anyway

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vegetable posted:

I'm using that thing naked for at least a week and possibly then putting it in a clear case, but I got raw titanium.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Vegetable posted:

I have always gone naked. I went with blue bc the color seemed richer and more visually interesting than the grey of the natural, but apparently the blue and black bands show fingerprints WAY more.

TBF, I do regularly wipe the band on my 13 Pro so maybe not a huge issue but being a tech nerd is about splitting hairs.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Anyone seen the new not leather cases in person? I’m going to try one, but can’t tell what they look like irl and don’t want to drive to the fruit stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Snowmankilla posted:

Anyone seen the new not leather cases in person? I’m going to try one, but can’t tell what they look like irl and don’t want to drive to the fruit stand.

I bought one off Amazon like a rube. I can let you know tomorrow when it shows up?