Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Bungie uses Valve’s SDR service https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/multiplayer/steamdatagramrelay

That is used to connect player to player, but they do have a connection made directly to their own infrastructure. Whoever is doing this has a lot of knowledge on Bungie’s D2 network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I'm wouldn't be surprised though if they're ddosing themselves with whatever hotfixes they've been doing to check weapons

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I'd been getting the itch to get back to playing Elden Ring, so I guess I'm going to keep doing that until things blow over, I suppose.

But man are there no good somber options for pure strength weapons, I am going to be hungry for regular stones.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hackan Slash posted:

I'm wouldn't be surprised though if they're ddosing themselves with whatever hotfixes they've been doing to check weapons

Money on this one!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Paracelsus posted:

I'd been getting the itch to get back to playing Elden Ring, so I guess I'm going to keep doing that until things blow over, I suppose.

But man are there no good somber options for pure strength weapons, I am going to be hungry for regular stones.

Didn't they reduce how many stones you need because of the ludicrous requirements at launch? It still sucks I guess but better than nothing

Also wow that sucks someone got real buttmad about the glitch guns huh? Also Bungo should really stop reporting solely on the lunatic billionaire shitpost site lol

e: While the servers are dead btw I still love this:

quote:

"Now I have tried to put an Ascendant in orbit of a black hole while its spawn gather the tribute of an eon. But the worm is not satisfied, for it sees the trick. What I must do is amplify the speed at which tribute is gathered. A pocket world where time passes quickly would do well. Or a world where time is a torus and infinite violence might be gathered. With such a murder battery, I could become a being of supreme insight."

The Thrall indicated it was confused, but not lost.

"With this tribute, I shall undertake a mighty work. A real humdinger of a scheme. I'm going to refinance my entire existence. I'm going to move from an existential economy based on the accumulation of violence to an existential economy based on the accumulation of secrets and the tribute of failing-to-understand-me. I shall name this tribute of failing-to-understand IMBARU, for it shall be as formless as the mist."

This is a real Cruelty Squad rear end post Savathun

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 20, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
100% DDOSing themselves lmfao.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

RBA Starblade posted:

Also Bungo should really stop reporting solely on the lunatic billionaire shitpost site lol

It’s so bad now because you can’t view chronologically as far as I can tell (unless you have an account? Not checking.). Very helpful to see posts from 2019, 2021, and 2016 at the top of the list!!! :tif:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

it’s PvP mains mad about Trials being ruined by Funny Guns

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

it’s PvP mains mad about Trials being ruined by Funny Guns

:hmmyes:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
No, it’s 1.0k/d PvP people who are upset fun guns don’t immediately make you a god.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

FlapYoJacks posted:

100% DDOSing themselves lmfao.

I'm in this camp tbh, it wouldn't be the first time they nuked their own servers on accident.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's a DDOS alright

Darkness Derived Occult Strike

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

RBA Starblade posted:

It's a DDOS alright

Darkness Derived Occult Strike

Destiny Does Online Sometimes

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Why would you believe they're 1) DDOSing themselves 2) would share that they're being DDOS'd if they were doing it to themselves.

I say this cause of how there's been completely unhinged fans who sent such severe death threats to the devs that serious legal action happened. I 100% believe someone is DDOSing them over some stupid petty bullshit.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
They are incompetent OP

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Destiny players have habitually put up with anything and everything they've been subjected to. We stamp our feet and whine but we also just deal with it.

That's the biggest flaw in the idea, is that Bungie could just say "no servers for three days, you've been naughty" and we'd harumph but deal with it. You don't need to make excuses when your playerbase puts up with anything regardless :v:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Oxyclean posted:

Why would you believe they're 1) DDOSing themselves 2) would share that they're being DDOS'd if they were doing it to themselves.

I say this cause of how there's been completely unhinged fans who sent such severe death threats to the devs that serious legal action happened. I 100% believe someone is DDOSing them over some stupid petty bullshit.

it was igneous hammer weekend. it's probably some cheating paid trials carry rear end in a top hat mad that they didnt make a ton of money this weekend, like the last person bungie sued into oblivion.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It is a huge reach to claim that tweet is 100% fabricated

They made the announcement to counter the exact narrative developing here- that they broke the game themselves while trying to fix it. The full expanded tweet says as much, it's not even a trick

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Nobody is claiming the reason is fabricated. They probably genuinely think someone is DDOSing them.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The team has confirmed that these error codes are not related to the team's fixes

We don't have a meme template for such an occasion

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

FlapYoJacks posted:

Nobody is claiming the reason is fabricated. They probably genuinely think someone is DDOSing them.

its really easy to tell if your being ddos'd from outside vs something happening internally that ddos's you.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Just let the joke live smh.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

haveblue posted:

Is it just me or is there a new bug in the nightfall where the deathtongue activates way too early? Normally it triggers when someone jumps down to the heavy ammo chest, but more than once this week I've had it trigger when we're still up top dealing with the first guys in that room and the battle hymn is in effect before anyone can even get line of sight to it. And when you do go down there, you see that the enemy hasn't even run over to the totem, it just spontaneously activated
The people I was running it with over the weekend said that entire group there including the deathsinger will aggro from gunfire, so you have to be careful not to let stray shots hit any of the enemies past where the ogres are.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

e: While the servers are dead btw I still love this:

https://www.ishtar-collective.net/entries/thank-you

This is a real Cruelty Squad rear end post Savathun
I thought that sounded familiar - remember though that this pasage is several falsehoods deep into the truth to power book, so this is not necessarily true or something that actually happened any more than Quaria playing football in the tower with Master Rahool.

Also try not to think about that book too much or her plan to escape into the real world will have worked.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Not doing a destiny expansion based completely on cruelty squad as an official crossover was the biggest mistake of the franchise.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RBX posted:

Jokes are at their best when you repeatedly insist on them.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

RBX posted:

i'd rather not let stupid poo poo ride because some people find it funny, thanks

bungie is not good at making videogames but they're not so stupid that they'd unknowingly DDOS themselves, especially when it's extremely easy to tell where a DDOS is coming from

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Should've invested in oversoul infrastructure, aiat

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The best jokes have a grain of truth to them. Guitar errors wreaked havoc on Vow of the Disciple because every player was flooding the server with updates on Objects like sparrows, glimmer, orbs, ammo etc

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

RBX posted:

When the joke is an epic win >>>>

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So are they still getting DDOS'd or am I playing AC6 again tonight

Kennedy
Aug 1, 2006

hard to breathe?

RBX posted:

You know the first D in DDOS stands for Distributed, right?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kennedy posted:

You know the first D in DDOS stands for Distributed, right?

Sheathe your Hanzo steel, goon. It is possible for a single entity to DDoS itself

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

In this case it stands for Destiny

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RBA Starblade posted:

In this case it stands for Destiny

What about the second D?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That's still denial

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What about the second D?

It rhymes with P
And that stands for (matchmaking) pool

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

RBA Starblade posted:

So are they still getting DDOS'd or am I playing AC6 again tonight

Considering I was in game for all of 2 minutes before losing connection I'd say robots win

Kennedy
Aug 1, 2006

hard to breathe?
Well looks like it's now a DDDOS (the extra D stands for DDOS) as the servers are hosed again.

E: they fixed a D and it's back

Kennedy fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well on a whim I did it and I beat the GM NF this week! I got the Swarm adept!

It has tap the trigger and dynamic sway reduction! :negative: