Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

:dafuq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It’s an ok promo what’s the big deal

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Definitely where a developmental promo belongs, maybe putting her back there was the right idea after all

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
quicken loans bicken bones-rear end promo

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

i thought irishmen had potatoes

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
It was kinda goofy but probably won't even end up being the worst WWE promo this week.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Becky is kinda cringe

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Becky sounds like she's getting ready to finish off an episode of Robot Wars.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I got to the Ivy Nile part and yeah I’m not finishing that.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Becky is kinda cringe

Have you SEEN her husband?

(I have. I saw more than I every thought I would see.)

*Seth Rollins laugh*

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That promo made me crawl out of my skin

Best women's division on the planet

Awoo (wolf howl)

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://youtu.be/EDyIHfGv8no?si=Y0cR_S47TAA09bda

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I know right.

Becky's NXT champion?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Seams posted:

It’s an ok promo what’s the big deal

It's an ok promo for someone new to the business, who is getting their first real big push in NXT

For someone who's as experienced as Becky at cutting promos, this is less "an ok promo" and more "Sufferin' Succotash"

E: I'd forgotten about her guest spot "acting" on Billions, I take it all back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iurkSMyE2eQ

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 20, 2023

bartok
May 10, 2006

Speaking of Becky Lynch having a cameo on Billions
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7279431705050664238

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's an ok promo for someone new to the business, who is getting their first real big push in NXT

For someone who's as experienced as Becky at cutting promos, this is less "an ok promo" and more "Sufferin' Succotash"

E: I'd forgotten about her guest spot "acting" on Billions, I take it all back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iurkSMyE2eQ

Can you produce even one promo from American TV this year that's "better"?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Becky is obviously a good wrestler, but outside of the initial "the man" stuff, I've always thought she is a cringe promo.

her delivery is almost always unnatural and just sounds like she is playing a character (i guess she has that in common with Seth, or really its just the WWE house style for 95% of the roster). the Billions appearance was also really bad, but everything I've seen from that show is so bad that I can't tell if it's her acting or just par for the course on that show

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

projecthalaxy posted:

The Miz doing LA Knight, for sure

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Becky's promo was absolute rear end, a fact which is not negated by the existence of any other bad promos, so the question is moot

(e: to come across as less of a dick)

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Sep 20, 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Goons love when the Acclaimed do bad raps burying their opponents yet it's "bad" and "cringe" when Becky does it. Suspicious.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bartok posted:

Speaking of Becky Lynch having a cameo on Billions
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7279431705050664238

Both clips are super cheesy but this one is way easier to choke down than the Becky one. Nothing in that Becky scene makes sense. Why did they only start cheering when that lady introduced her, like they only realized THEN who she was? But couldn’t recognize her before that?

The HHH one feels more natural and Giamatti comes off like a tiny lil Paul Heyman at times with his delivery. The entrance music into the meeting is so lame, though, and I hope someone made a joke about it in the rest of the scene.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

"you need to let the heel get the heat from the crowd, then the babyface gets the pop"

no wonder the booking has been in shambles

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

Goons love when the Acclaimed do bad raps burying their opponents yet it's "bad" and "cringe" when Becky does it. Suspicious.

You can count the number of decent raps the Acclaimed have had in the past year on one hand.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Her promo wasn't great but she loves puns and cheesy material. Nobody's perfect!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'll tell you this, Becky cuts promos about as good as Anthony Richardson protects himself on runs.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
They should fire her immediately.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kennel posted:

They should fire her immediately.

on god

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Becky’s always been a cringey dork. It used to be charming but now it’s just sorta there.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s why she pairs so well with Rollins, just two painfully uncool people

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MJeff posted:

You can count the number of decent raps the Acclaimed have had in the past year on one hand.

It's all been downhill since they went to Dallas and did "We'll blow you away, we CIA and you JFK"

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The heat and the pop, huh?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

suffering succotash, that’s bad.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That was so bad it retroactively made Charlotte look better

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Becky should just be coming out and talking about how shes going to rip off peoples arms (even though her finish is a bad rock bottom now), not whatever the gently caress that is. The freakin is contagious I guess

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the only difference between that promo and the original The Man is there wasn't anything else on in 2018 and everything within the wwe system got sorted relatively

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

projecthalaxy posted:

Here's one from last week:

https://youtu.be/ltQSByb8mOw?si=I7KnKGmFa8TOaORr

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I think now that Vince doesn’t have sole control, he’s going to be forced out/retired in the next few years. I just can’t see TKO/Endeavor keeping him on super long as he’s already 78, still has some lingering investigations going on, and could start clashing with Ari Emanuel as he’s used to being the top dog. I think Vince’s current role is going to be transitional and he eventually winds up with maybe a board seat, but no actual day to day authority over operations.

Nick Khan is a better choice to run the company from a business perspective at this point. Dude is a shark with a ton of entertainment industry connections and doesn’t have the decades of baggage that Vince carries. He’ll cut WWE to the bone and squeeze every penny he can out of it.

Another interesting angle on this whole acquisition is what happens with Saudi Arabia. The Saudis invested $100 million into PFL, which is UFC’s direct competition. Do they keep giving huge money to WWE for the Saudi shows or do they cut that off? If so, that’s a big dent in revenue. The Saudis could also just not care and keep splashing cash around because they can.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ari has stated that he wants Vince running the wrestling so I don't see him being forced out unless more allegations pop up and they can't ignore it like they did Dana hitting his wife

Now what may be more likely is Vince freaking out cause he isn't the boss and doesn't have full control and ending up leaving that way

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Becky Lynch fell off hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Richardson
May 19, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Becky is obviously a good wrestler, but outside of the initial "the man" stuff, I've always thought she is a cringe promo.

her delivery is almost always unnatural and just sounds like she is playing a character (i guess she has that in common with Seth, or really its just the WWE house style for 95% of the roster). the Billions appearance was also really bad, but everything I've seen from that show is so bad that I can't tell if it's her acting or just par for the course on that show

Nailed it.