Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lpzie posted:

if you're gonna play NMS just do the season quests. once done, put it down till next season. like POE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Kojima is right as usual. Jigoku and Onibaba are fantastic

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Whirling posted:

I genuinely can't tell if its like the ending was written by a different person, or if they're doing a covid allegory (I guess being anti-microbe is being anti-vaxx?), or if the writing is supposed to indicate that everyone who hates it (Andreja is the only one who doesn't get pissed and she has no stake in the FC/UC divide for obvious reasons) is being a nationalist hard-liner since the other solution requires the two factions working together.

It is so confusing.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Whirling posted:

I genuinely can't tell if its like the ending was written by a different person, or if they're doing a covid allegory (I guess being anti-microbe is being anti-vaxx?), or if the writing is supposed to indicate that everyone who hates it (Andreja is the only one who doesn't get pissed and she has no stake in the FC/UC divide for obvious reasons) is being a nationalist hard-liner since the other solution requires the two factions working together.

the game explicitly tells at the end that the dinos are an unmitigated good thing for both humanity and the environment lmao. The constellation nerds want you to engineer DDT instead of using herbicide.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Are any companions better than Andreja?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
just keep sarah as your companion but tell her to wait on the ship so when the decision time comes you can make sure she dies

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

whos the better choice for death: sam who is abusing his daughter or sarah who's an actual nazi

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
what the gently caress did I miss?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Tankbuster posted:

what the gently caress did I miss?

hooty did good at fortnite yesterday

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

just keep sarah as your companion but tell her to wait on the ship so when the decision time comes you can make sure she dies

Will do. What's the quest or plot beat I should switch from my perfect gay chef buddy Barrett?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Grey Fox posted:

Are any companions better than Andreja?

Not in Constellation but the ones you hire in bars are all more interesting despite not actually having quests. Marika, Mickey Caviar, etc ftw

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1704541096166965671

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

Will do. What's the quest or plot beat I should switch from my perfect gay chef buddy Barrett?

well I know who my main companion is gonna be

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

it blows my mind that spawn is still a thing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

any of the ones where your only job is to pick up an artifact, theyre either milk runs or plot that would be better experienced without some guy going HERE I FOUND THIS LEAF in the background

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

Not in Constellation but the ones you hire in bars are all more interesting despite not actually having quests. Marika, Mickey Caviar, etc ftw

marika is obviously just kissing my rear end when she tells me every day is a good day when she gets to see me, but hell thats what gets her the big bucks

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I had to start playing Starfield since it's all anyone is talking about. Here are some thoughts and observations:

Using jet packs is way more fun and useful after binding jump to both space and alt. Is it a bug that it doesn't work like that by default, or a bug that it works only if you bind them like that? In any case, it increased my enjoyment of exploration by 200%.

If you're under 250m away from your ship, you can hit tab, click on Ship, then hit F to view its cargo hold. From there, you can transfer poo poo without having to actually go back inside of it.

I did the thing where you build an outpost on Bessel III B. I wouldn't recommend doing it exactly the way the guy in the YouTube video did if it's causing you grief, but it does show the basics of what you need for an outpost. Aluminum and iron for wind turbines are probably the first things you should go for. Building the initial outpost beacon itself doesn't cost anything, and you can easily delete them if you're not able to actually exploit the resources in its radius for whatever reasons.

After building two outposts, I noticed they kept blowing up randomly. It seems to stop if I assign people there and fast travel a bunch of times. Very frustrating. Not sure if it's a good old fashioned bug, intended, or maybe an anti piracy measure. Just keep an eye out for the repair option if your poo poo stops producing resources or power.

(A lot of these things should be explained in the game!!!!)

In general, I'd recommend only engaging with outposts and ship building for the bare minimum since it's all so finicky and a pain in the rear end. I spent two hours redesigning my ship and when I get inside of it, all the ladder and door placements are hosed up.

And try not to track too many resources since there's no way to reset them easily and you might end up tracking something stupid like iron for the entire game until you manually review every weapon mod, outpost item, and other craftables and manually turn them off yourself.

Some loving baffling decisions here, but it's a really solid 7/10 if you want to turn your brain off and kill whatever "spacers" are supposed to be in randomly generated abandoned bases. I am glad I tried it out.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I call it Baller’s GOAT 3.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

not like he's worse then any other comic book thing I guess it's just that he's such an inextricable 90s thing to me that there's always this dissonance when he shows up in the modern era

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://mas.to/@Toadsanime/111093857145200192

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
even more lols

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

it blows my mind that spawn is still a thing

maybe he's for spawn camping

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Hatebag posted:

maybe he's for spawn camping

lol you cheeky gently caress you

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

it's crazy they keep cranking out the call of duty games because they are very bad but i guess they are for kids who feel they've aged out of fortnits and there's always another slug of kids coming down the pipe. fortnite is at least fun for a bit

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Everyone thought it was Fortnite. CoD getting the Spawn license and not Epic is a pretty huge sea change in the industry

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lpzie posted:

kiss him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QzyNXADZ1o

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

is spawn still popular I genuinely ask because I haven't devoted any real thought to the character since I was like 12

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Hatebag posted:

it's crazy they keep cranking out the call of duty games because they are very bad but i guess they are for kids who feel they've aged out of fortnits and there's always another slug of kids coming down the pipe. fortnite is at least fun for a bit

hooty's coverage makes me think fortnite is way more fun than cod could ever be even if I'm not personally interested in either

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I know one guy who's really really into Spawn and also likes CoD so he's gonna be freaking out right now. He's also really into numetal and ICP so once they add Juggalos to CoD his life will be complete

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I legit thought the comic ended in like the early 2000s

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Spawn rules. Great superhero.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

Spawn rules. Great superhero.

dude i knew in middle school drew two things very well in high detail: tanks and spawn. always had a spawn tshirt. ran into him as an adult once and he was telling me about the government spying on him, something about the size of the chargers on laptops, the block, i dunno. i wasn't paying attention by then.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

banned from war thunder forever for publishing spawn's stat breakdown

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

hooty's coverage makes me think fortnite is way more fun than cod could ever be even if I'm not personally interested in either

fortnite is pretty fun, sometimes you get to run down goku with a semi truck. ime cod is a boring slog to which they added a bunch of butt rock guitar riffs and a narrator guy constantly saying dumb poo poo to disguise the boring gameplay.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Hatebag posted:

fortnite is pretty fun, sometimes you get to run down goku with a semi truck.

few understand this

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Hatebag posted:

fortnite is pretty fun, sometimes you get to run down goku with a semi truck. ime cod is a boring slog to which they added a bunch of butt rock guitar riffs and a narrator guy constantly saying dumb poo poo to disguise the boring gameplay.

So like Call of Duty 4?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I liked SCUDD: The Disposable Assassin for my 90s hardXcore comicbook omnibus reading needs. It too depicts a war between demons and angels and SCUDD kills God idk it came after a long hiatus

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

So like Call of Duty 4?

idk I've played several of the cods with friends and getting them free in various ways and i couldn't tell you the difference between them. some of them you can slide in i guess. i think one of them had robots?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah I liked that one, it also had a wall run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
has goku been in any of the call of duty games? has masterchief been in any of them?