Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sprint should really just be a toggle outside of combat areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kerrzhe posted:

my QOL thing: give us a copy of Island Sprint but call it City Sprint

Nah. Turn Island Sprint into PvP Sprint, and give us that in cities. (PvP Sprint is just toggleable on or off, canceled on using another ability.)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Just level a ranged DPS to Peloton for city travel.

What are the media bosses, ones made to show off at press tours and such? I remember Proto-Ultima, Yojimbo, the Magus Sisters, not sure if there are others.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

they usually show a low level dungeon at media tours. off the dome it's been... sohm al, shisui, holminister, and zot?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah. Leave it 20s/60s CD out of combat in instances, but make it like PvP sprint in cities and sanctuaries.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

level reaper, ninja and dancer and make a macro with their gap closers

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Bruceski posted:

Just level a ranged DPS to Peloton for city travel.

Ehhhh. I have a ranged DPS for Peloton, I even made a gearset for it with the Sprint boots! (I no longer have that gearset, I wasn't using it.)

The problem is that while Sprint is a 25% increase and Peloton is 20%, Peloton doesn't trigger the Sprint animation! :negative:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Vitamean posted:

they usually show a low level dungeon at media tours. off the dome it's been... sohm al, shisui, holminister, and zot?

It was Dohn Mheg for Shadowbringers. Everyone got wrecked by the frog geysers.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, Holminster would have spoiled Tesleen, if they didn't rename the second boss.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I mostly think there's less story. There's no real relic storyline outside of the hildibrand stuff that previously existed in addition to the relic storyline, there's no trial series story, and Tataru's is, by design, inherently unfocused (to the poine where it's barely even about Tataru.) I'm not begging for Eureka back but I'm not fond of the way the stories are being told.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tired:

ImpAtom posted:

Wired: Sprint should be a queueable action

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure how the buttons work internally but if they can keep the current in-combat function while also making it work like a toggle out of combat, that would be great.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hellioning posted:

I mostly think there's less story. There's no real relic storyline outside of the hildibrand stuff that previously existed in addition to the relic storyline, there's no trial series story, and Tataru's is, by design, inherently unfocused (to the poine where it's barely even about Tataru.) I'm not begging for Eureka back but I'm not fond of the way the stories are being told.

Yeah I'm 100% down with Tomes but I would like some weapon lore

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Hellioning posted:

This is dead on, I think. The problem is that there is a trial series story, it's just being passed off as the MSQ, which it very much is not worthy of being.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

there is absolutely no way you people will be satisfied

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I very much disagree that dealing with the Void isn't worthy of the MSQ. It could be better (I don't even think it's bad, tbh, I just agree it's "merely" decent-okay), but it's absolutely something worth covering in the MSQ.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I don't think "more story" would satisfy a single person with content complaints. Those people would knock out the story on patch day and still complain of lack of story.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I've said before and again but the current MSQ is good, it just feels like a filler arc. The writing is as strong as ever imho its just that you are coming down from an incredible climax the game had been building to for 5 expansions.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Especially when we already know that the WoL is ultimately going to be victorious

Unless they pulled the mother of all fakeouts and omitted that the void is starting to spill out

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Regalingualius posted:

Especially when we already know that the WoL is ultimately going to be victorious

feel like you could say this about literally anything in the game

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Onean posted:

I very much disagree that dealing with the Void isn't worthy of the MSQ. It could be better (I don't even think it's bad, tbh, I just agree it's "merely" decent-okay), but it's absolutely something worth covering in the MSQ.

This isn't "dealing with the void" any more than the HW alliance raid story was. Actually dealing with the void will probably never be a part of the MSQ because they locked their dealing with the void hooks behind the ShB role quests.

Edit: to be clear, I don't think the current MSQ is bad bad. The writing is okay to good and the characters are great. It just somehow feels both empty/fillery while also being too high stakes immediately after EW.

Theris fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 20, 2023

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We're actively working to cross the barrier between shards, which is basically Y'shtola's driving goal at this point in the story.

What do you actually want here?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://na.store.square-enix-games.com/final-fantasy-xiv-ttrpg-starter-set

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

Is there any reason it isn't or is it just more game engine weirdness?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Regalingualius posted:

Unless they pulled the mother of all fakeouts and omitted that the void is starting to spill out

Why do you think everybody needs a vacation? :smug:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is there any reason it isn't or is it just more game engine weirdness?

They probably just don't want people running at sprint speed the whole time.

I doubt there would be any obstacle in implementing it if they wanted it to change.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

The total lack of information about who is making this immediately makes me wary

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i suspect the sprint limit is to encourage people to get mounts, which sometimes are bought from the cash shop + can be shown off

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

The total lack of information about who is making this immediately makes me wary

Yeah but it's almost certainly a Japanese ttrpg publisher rather than western so only people paying much attention to that scene would have a clue.

I do know Sword World is d6-only and most Japanese ttrpgs primarily use d6s due to other polyhedral dice not really taking off there. The fact that it's also using d20s and has discrete action cards is throwing me off a bit.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Vitamean posted:

One of the reasons why people like Bozja and Eureka is because beyond the core leveling and story content, there was always an incentive to go back without feeling like you had to go back.
On top of just generally enjoying the content, one of the reasons I think Eureka and Bozja are cool is that the zones are made for large groups of people to be doing stuff in. I'm regularly in voice chat with 12-15 people in it each night so we could all get into the same Bozja instance and do stuff all together in there rather than splitting into parties of 4/8 and doing stuff in those smaller parties.

I also enjoy hunt trains and S-rank hunt marks for that sort of reason as well. That content isn't particularly compelling as far as the fights go but i like being around 50-200 people doing stuff.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

gonna be great to play this

in tts

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Theris posted:

This isn't "dealing with the void" any more than the HW alliance raid story was. Actually dealing with the void will probably never be a part of the MSQ because they locked their dealing with the void hooks behind the ShB role quests.

Edit: to be clear, I don't think the current MSQ is bad bad. The writing is okay to good and the characters are great. It just somehow feels both empty/fillery while also being too high stakes immediately after EW.

Sure, they've got some hooks behind the ShB role quests (and HW Extremes), but I don't think we're going to just kill Zeromus and that's it. All that extra Light from the First (if that's what we end up doing) is going to do something more than break the shield around Zeromus, though I'm not expecting a complete undo. Whatever happens there's a pretty decent chance there's going to be a gateway between the First and the Void, and it'd be pretty easy for them to add in a sidequest to have the appropriate NPCs move around and go about experimenting on how to restore the Void after we're done.

Jonny 290 posted:

i suspect the sprint limit is to encourage people to get mounts, which sometimes are bought from the cash shop + can be shown off

There might be some merit to this if you weren't forced to get a mount relatively early on, the majority of the cool mounts weren't acquired in-game and the two speed boost mounts weren't invalidated by doing the MSQ or 6 FATEs.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Roll to not stand in the bad

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

Can't use mounts in cities (except for Rhalgr's Reach)

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Tamba posted:

(and Idyllshire, and the Doman Enclave)

quiggy posted:

Roll to not stand in the bad

Roll to kick the Namazu.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Theris posted:

I am not really clear what you mean here. They're not going to completely solve the Void's problems forever in the same way as there will still be some Garlean remnants around but there's not really any way that this story is going to get resolved that doesn't end with a massive status quo change for the Void.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Tamba posted:

Also Idyllshire, and Mor Dhona was ARR's "small city," so really it's just ShB and EW that don't have hangout spots where you could mount.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just want Y'shtola to be happy

Why isn't that enough

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I do want to say I've unlocked more relics than in any other expac and I'm loving it

E: patch quest story is fine. We've already had some awesome set pieces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Hah! Good point!

Clearly EW is failure and the game is dying.

Imagine I'm linking those clickbait "bozja is killing FFXIV" vids