Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
As a precursor to Pom's first title win, I'm up for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
TJPW starting in 5, stream is already up with Japanese commentary. Last show for Reiwa AA Cannon 🥹

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
I don't know why I find it so funny to see how completely uninterested Hikari is in being an idol.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

I don't know why I find it so funny to see how completely uninterested Hikari is in being an idol.

she doesn't want to dance, she wants to bleed

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
iirc she didn't even tryout for TJPW originally, she wanted to be in DDT but failed the test

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Tampa Bae posted:

iirc she didn't even tryout for TJPW originally, she wanted to be in DDT but failed the test

Yeah, but she doesn't even like bother to follow the main Up Up Girls account on Instagram. I think even Uta participates in more UUG activities than her.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 18, 2023

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Oh snap didn't know there was a mini SKE48 performance happening.

Time to watch everyone but Yuki Arai nearly eat poo poo because bouncing ring.

Edit: I guess this is why Namba spent a little more time on the rules tonight

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 18, 2023

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Another comfy night of TJPW. It'll be sad to not have Saki Akai popping by on occasion.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Sep 18, 2023

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol saw this spot and had to record it. wait until the safety police get a hold of this one!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/178016065802993665/1153866238431346779/2023-09-19_20-31-45.mp4

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
If only these women were abusing drugs and steroids they could live to the ripe old age of 55 and die of heart problems just like the american territory wrestlers

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/sugar3flower/status/1704417813149204576

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Utami out with neck injury

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

yea ok posted:

Utami out with neck injury

Has the severity of it been announced. She was a favourite to win it so that would certainly change things up.

I caught up on the 5 star and the most recent night really over performed imo. Hanan v momo Watanabe rocked. Hanans development has been one of the real joys of the tournament. Mirai v mariah may might well be mariah May's best match and suzu v ami was good too.

Ami had a really good match with tam the show before too. She's pretty inexperienced (less than 300 matches) but I can see why bushiroad/stardom would like her. She's almost as big as the MEGASUS.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

No all I've seen is that she couldn't wrestle MIRAI today, with speculation that she's out for the remainder of the tournament. Utami vs Giulia cursed match.

Agreed with Mariah/MIRAI being Mariah's best match, and I'm not exactly the biggest MIRAI fan in the world. Hatman should be drawn and quartered for what he did to my beloved Natsupoi.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Has the severity of it been announced. She was a favourite to win it so that would certainly change things up.

I caught up on the 5 star and the most recent night really over performed imo. Hanan v momo Watanabe rocked. Hanans development has been one of the real joys of the tournament. Mirai v mariah may might well be mariah May's best match and suzu v ami was good too.

Ami had a really good match with tam the show before too. She's pretty inexperienced (less than 300 matches) but I can see why bushiroad/stardom would like her. She's almost as big as the MEGASUS.

Yeah, the last few cards haven't looked great on paper but they've still turned out fun.

Sucks that Utami is out, especially with the pace set to pick up this week. Today's block matches looked stellar and it's a shame to lose one of them. Hope it's not severe and that she recovers quickly.

Speaking of Hanan, her bridging overhead fall away suplex is super pretty.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 20, 2023

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Sukeban is streaming exclusively to tiktok

https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/09/20/sukeban-to-launch-on-thursday-will-stream-exclusively-on-tiktok/

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Isn't tiktok just short clips?

Help me, I am old and afraid of technology.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

They have a streaming element as well. Apologies to Sukeban but I will not be watching on TikTok. I'll watch it on the Vee Kay brother brother

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Sukeban is like speedrunning their way to "failed promotion" status, unless they're aiming for "successful money laundering operation".

Just a string of baffling decisions.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

yea ok posted:

They have a streaming element as well. Apologies to Sukeban but I will not be watching on TikTok. I'll watch it on the Vee Kay brother brother

Yeah but for like people answering chat questions while putting on makeup. Are they gonna have ONE camera filming this thing?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

If they did youtube, they could get superchats when they go live and get money that way.

Uno's wrestling fed does twitch when they have shows.

What I'm trying to understand is the desire for tiktok since that will be shot mainly by phones? Maybe that's the advantage of tiktok.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 20, 2023

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

TV Zombie posted:

What I'm trying to understand is the desire for tiktok since that will be shot mainly by phones? Maybe that's the advantage of tiktok.

I don't think it goes beyond Number Big
https://twitter.com/ScottEWrestling/status/1704512859328168127

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It suddenly becomes the hottest wrestling promotion in the world and our bodies turn into dust.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Monetizing a TikTok following is insanely hard, this is such a weird decision

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You figure with them going anime they'd maybe lean into what Vtubers do to make money but nope...

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I just hope they release a VOD version that isn't shot in portrait orientation

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Ganso Bomb posted:

all shark cage matches all the time. shark week every week

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Ganso Bomb posted:

This is my main fear, portrait doesn't work for wrestling

My mom didn't want to go to the Spark show by herself, so the lunatic bought me tickets to Florida!

I GET TO L-O-V-E

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 20, 2023

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

The Taxman posted:

My mom didn't want to go to the Spark show by herself, so the lunatic bought me tickets to Florida!

I GET TO L-O-V-E

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Taxman posted:

I GET TO L-O-V-E

Before you get excited make sure Rika isn't booked

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Sonny (Stardom English guy) said elsewhere that she basically turned up to the building today and wasn't in a condition to wrestle: nothing more than that. If its a neck injury that sounds serious; especially since some (Giulia especially) are working very, very hurt. Add in Kamitani being hurt and it does mean that they are very reliant on the people aren't very badly hurt - might mean they have to try someone different to win this thing.

It relates to one of the points above about Joshi wrestlers vs veterans: historically Joshi went a lot harder than modern Joshi does (even in the workrate places) but I suspect a big part of that was because AJW was built on people debuting in their mid teens, working a few years as a rookie, being driven very hard until their mid 20s where they'd be put out to pasture which meant that they didn't have to worry about longevity: and then in the years afterwards all the wrestlers were inspired by that generation so still work insanely hard until things went downhill business wise and they either retired or backed right off. Today is really the first time that you are seeing wrestlers in their 30s being pushed as the stars of today without doing nostalgia runs (Nagayo in JWP/GAEA, Jaguar Yokota in JD Star, Lioness Asuka wherever she worked) with the exception of like Devil Masami - but even then she was known as an AJW star and only went to JWP because AJW sent her away for being too old. The schedule is also one of the tougher ones: less dates than New Japan or DG but a lot more singles/straight tags because the roster isn't as big; plus more big shows than either with the two monthly PPV thing (and they don't have tour breaks; its a consistent schedule); so I wonder how much of this is just the schedule catching up with people and they need to reconsider things a bit.

Obviously a difficult thing to put together: the company won't want to make less money and there's a big drawing advantage to running weekends; I suspect that's what makes the small town shows profitable. I also wonder how much is just people not working hurt at quite the same extent - Akira Hokuto was absolutely insane but I feel like in todays environment she'd have worked half as many matches (certainly wouldn't have tried to work on a broken ankle); and she's not the only example of people getting injured in very obvious ways and trying to blunder through it.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
This is a common debate I get into tbh because stardom is already worryingly large for the health of the industry at whole

But on a performers who are employed by stardom health level I honestly believe bushiroad needs to aggressively expand the roster even more so.

The touring schedule for a roster that size is very hard. To use Hanan as an example she's worked 82 dates this year. A 19 year old should be managed smarter. Picking other names at random Giulia has worked 89 dates. Mariah May over 90 dates. Ami over 90 dates.

Like Rina has almost worked 50 matches this year and she's 16 and goes to school.

Its only September.

As you said a lot of the roster is less protected during this touring schedule because of its size. Naito might do 130 odd matches a year but a lot of them he's doing gently caress all.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Speaking of Hanan, her bridging overhead fall away suplex is super pretty.

That's The Hanan Special and yes it rules

Ami does something similar which also rules

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Utami's out the next 2 shows giving up 2 points to Hanan by forfeit which means she can't go to the finals. No word on the finals against Giulia. She has a few big matchups upcoming as the next day she's suppose to be in AZM 10th anniversary match against SLK & Momo and the Natsu produced show against Veny in October.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

It's time to finally do something with Maika IMO

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Crapple! posted:

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Crapple! posted:

We need more lariats!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

This is a common debate I get into tbh because stardom is already worryingly large for the health of the industry at whole

But on a performers who are employed by stardom health level I honestly believe bushiroad needs to aggressively expand the roster even more so.

The touring schedule for a roster that size is very hard. To use Hanan as an example she's worked 82 dates this year. A 19 year old should be managed smarter. Picking other names at random Giulia has worked 89 dates. Mariah May over 90 dates. Ami over 90 dates.

Like Rina has almost worked 50 matches this year and she's 16 and goes to school.

Its only September.

As you said a lot of the roster is less protected during this touring schedule because of its size. Naito might do 130 odd matches a year but a lot of them he's doing gently caress all.

Its not large enough to make outsiders a blip drawing wise though.

The thing is that I think there's probably more regularly running women's promotions that have TV or air somewhere regularly than mens: or at least a similar amount for a smaller market section. You have Stardom/TJPW as the big two, AWG is probably third at this point; and then all the indies (the remain of Ice Ribbon, Sendai Girls, Marvelous, SEAdLINNNG WAVE, DIana, Gatoh Move, PURE-J, OZ Academy and probably more I've omitted). That group all survived the pandemic (although wounded - especially Ice Ribbon); and pull from basically the same pool of freelance talent that has gotten thinner through Stardom signings and some cutting back on dates. At some point there's going to be issues there I think: places like Diana are basically just dojos that do a handful of bigger shows a year; its that middle group where you'll see issues. I don't think the issue with the Stardom thing is really anything on their side (they are the biggest player and will have an advantage for talent like New Japan does; I don't think its anything monopolistic and its notable that they've not really gone after big names from outside companies since the Giulia (and to a lesser extent Natsupoi) signings - Suzu might count but also she was a generational talent working for a tiny indie: that was inevitable.

Ultimately what you'd want is a third big promotion that represents the more traditional way of doing things but that seems unlikely unless someone throws money about. I like the indies and they do good shows and produce good wrestlers but as Stardom grows and continues to expand their schedules they'll need bodies in the ring; and while they can build up dojo people they'll probably want people like a Yuna Mizumori (good wrestler with a decent amount of experience who can do lower/mid-card stuff) on their shows.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Sukeban appears to be viewable without an account, so I will give it a try, after all the times I said I wouldn't do that.

https://www.tiktok.com/@sukeban_world/live?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5 Second Poser
Sep 10, 2007

Don't You Wish You Were Me?
Tried that link and it was telling me that I had to log in. Removed the sharing info and the video is playing.
https://www.tiktok.com/@sukeban_world/live

Edit: The countdown froze on me and now I can't watch without logging in. Boo.

5 Second Poser fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 22, 2023