Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
some dell goon battlestation UWQHD monitor was on sale and i was like gently caress it... if im getting a new comp... replaced my 10 y/o 1080p. holy f*ck this thing is a mile wide lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Buck Wildman posted:

I've gotten a lot choosier in recent years because I've really internalized that I already own enough video games to last a lifetime

:same: but this has only blunted my hoarding slightly

Lostconfused posted:

Or just don't finish games, especially if they're kind of mediocre or tedious like Starfield.

I have a steam category called “administratively beat” for games I’ve played that I just got bored with or saw enough of. I have “finished” the game even though I haven’t finished it. Despite the hoarding, I play everything at least a little bit in the hopes it hits the spot and becomes a hyperfocus I can ride to completion, but this mostly doesn’t happen, but I tried.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

snoop hasnt looked like that in 30 years

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

they should do current day old rear end soccer mom hanging out in the hamptons snoop as dlc

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

No Martha Stewart?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

martha stewart in the sidecar maniacally firing a mounted machine gun

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

His lines when his character gets sprayed down with a flame thrower... they are raw and wild to hear over and over again. He sounds so pained.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

skooma512 posted:

:same: but this has only blunted my hoarding slightly

I have a steam category called “administratively beat” for games I’ve played that I just got bored with or saw enough of. I have “finished” the game even though I haven’t finished it. Despite the hoarding, I play everything at least a little bit in the hopes it hits the spot and becomes a hyperfocus I can ride to completion, but this mostly doesn’t happen, but I tried.

it at least helps my budget by making me wait for stuff to be on super sale a lot of the time. I've got similar steam categories - "Active" for like stuff that has my attention and I'm determined to finish and "Backburner" for stuff that's way less of a priority or I do more passively like on the deck when I'm travelling and "Archive" for anything that's done or I lost all interest in so it's not all farting up my library list

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Speaking of not finishing games, I stopped playing Final Fantasy 16 months ago after you get the titan powers and, just never went back.

Not sure if it's even worth it.

Maybe I should just pirate the PC version of FF7 Remake and play through that before the 2nd one comes out.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Hatebag posted:

martha stewart in the sidecar maniacally firing a mounted machine gun

goddamn they really did fix CP2077

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

Speaking of not finishing games, I stopped playing Final Fantasy 16 months ago after you get the titan powers and, just never went back.

Not sure if it's even worth it.

Maybe I should just pirate the PC version of FF7 Remake and play through that before the 2nd one comes out.

you should finish ff16 so you know whether it was worth it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

has goku been in any of the call of duty games? has masterchief been in any of them?

in last year's call of duty you could be a (human-sized) titan from attack on titan

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

you should finish ff16 so you know whether it was worth it

Thank you for your input. Remake it is then.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

Thank you for your input. Remake it is then.

remember, no opining until it's beaten. anything else is just bad manners

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I'm not even going to play it yet, since I'll be starting on Cyberpunk again tomorrow.

This is just in the "maybe" category for now.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i loved shadow gambit and could probably play it forever but didnt finish it because

1. starfield came out
2. way too much talking for a commandoslike

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Srice posted:

in last year's call of duty you could be a (human-sized) titan from attack on titan

so no then? :smugdon:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

I'm not even going to play it yet, since I'll be starting on Cyberpunk again tomorrow.

This is just in the "maybe" category for now.

say hi to johnny for me

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if youve played any commandos game youve administratively finished all of them, but its like saying youve administratively finished crosswords

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Also I already beat the Remake on console.

I'd just be replaying it on PC with the DLC.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

Also I already beat the Remake on console.

I'd just be replaying it on PC with the DLC.

it turns out yuffie was sephiroth all along

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Since it's a multiverse or something they can just pull a Starfield and everyone is Sephiroth.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

snoops transition from actual gangster to family friendly celebrity is very funny

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

Since it's a multiverse or something they can just pull a Starfield and everyone is Sephiroth.

sounds like the call of duty crossover everyone craves

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

snoop def knows wehre teh bodies are buried

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
everything is a multiverse now, just another thing games are ripping off from Fortnite

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Japanese games were doing that "multiverse" thing since like 2009.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

Japanese games were doing that Multiverse thing since like 2009.

yeah because they knew fortnite would be popular

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
god some people who post here are so dumb

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Also Starfield is an isekai.

Western game devs finally catching up to current Japanese trends.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

idk what an isekai is

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

snoop's gotta be dying in that fur coat it looks like he's in a boiler room in that one shot

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
its japanese for Fortnite-like

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

nobody does, that's why everything is isekai.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

everything is a multiverse now, just another thing games are ripping off from Fortnite

I was genuinely disappointed when Starfield turned out to be yet another multiverse (even though I think it’s a cool twist on Bethesda’s own formula)

really thought Everything Everywhere was the final word on the matter but no we’ve gotta make everyone feel infinite FOMO, forever

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's okay friend, once all IPs are united under the one big brand of Fortnite, we'll all finally be free

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

p sure snoop dog being in cod is an isekai but I grew out of anime a long time ago

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i had to google isekai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
how about go outsidekai