Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

BonoMan posted:

Actually I'd argue the clarity is still too much even with the misspellings.

Instead of directly picking an option it would be vague and not actionable - "I thought we were going with green for the first option?" which means either pick the second option, change the first option to green, you're fired, or start over from scratch. Dealer's choice!

Then when you don't act on it you'll get it a "per my previous email I instructed you to go with the second option".

Too real... This is painful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Translating corporate speak into human speak is a huge part of my job and it's one of those things that's brutally necessary but very, very hard to justify to higher-up corporate types — because naturally, in their minds, they're doing just fine. It comes down to the crowds they hang out with. There's an entire industry of consultants and corporate training seminars designed to continually validate its own existence by dressing up basic team-building exercises and collaboration in layer after layer of absurd, abstract concepts and convoluted acronyms. My hope is it'll die out a bit as younger generations slip into more and more executive roles, but it's an immense tide of self-important horseshit to push back against.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

LaD: Infinite Wealth looks freaking incredible.

There's a Sujimon combat arena where you recruit ones you've already fought and I think they also hinted at a Sujimon Snap minigame. Four new playable characters, including Kiryu (only Eri appears to have been left out from the previous game). Lots of new jobs.

It also looks like they tweaked some of the combat system things that people complained about, like the inability to move characters. Positioning seems to matter more now.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

The Kins posted:

Yup, Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name lands in early November. It's a side-game involving Secret Agent Kiryu, of all the things, and as such is a return to the brawler action gameplay instead of Like A Dragon's RPG gameplay.

Yeah, the announced retrogames you can find at arcades and on consoles are Fighting Vipers 2, "Sega Racing Classic 2" (aka Daytona 2 without the license), the microcomputer version of Flicky and the unreleased-in-Japan Master System version of Galaxy Force.

I think I'm going to finally jump into the Yakuza series with 6 since it has Takeshi Kitano and from what I've read it seems to be widely considered one of the best games in the series and when they switched to a new engine? I know I'll be jumping into the story late and some stuff won't make sense but I think it might be a good place to start and then see if I wanna follow it with LaD (since it's always going on sale so cheap) or jump to TMWEHN or Infinite Wealth.

I think I'm pretty much sold on Y6 and Infinite Wealth but it'll probably be too weird if I skip the two games between them I'm guessing.

Edit: A lot of reviews are highly praising Cyberpunk's Phantom Liberty DLC, it looks like they completely nailed it and I have a feeling Cyberpunk 2 (or whatever name they choose for it) will probably be an excellent game considering the director of Phantom Liberty will be in charge of development and they really turned 2077 around into something special. Kudos to the devs for sticking with it so long and delivering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeDaNgvcLko

SUNKOS fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 20, 2023

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Start with 0.

Edit 6 is good but it doesn't hold a candle to 0/Kiwami 2/LaD.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

Edit: A lot of reviews are highly praising Cyberpunk's Phantom Liberty DLC, it looks like they completely nailed it and I have a feeling Cyberpunk 2 (or whatever name they choose for it) will probably be an excellent game considering the director of Phantom Liberty will be in charge of development and they really turned 2077 around into something special. Kudos to the devs for sticking with it so long and delivering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeDaNgvcLko

I don't think they deserve kudos for finally making the game better at the same time they released something new to buy for it. The 2.0 changes will help with gameplay stuff for people that buy the base game now, but you still have to fork up for what might be the only good story in the game in the expansion, which then has an impact on your final ending choices in the main game. If 3 years from now Bethesda released an expansion for Starfield that came with a whole load of changes that should have been in the game in the first place people would be livid.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

what in the goddamn hell are you talking about???

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I finnaly was able to get my screenshots!

What I did was to install the Xbox app has people suggested, then use the "save to my iphone" option.

From that, I was able to upload to websites, or even share with the pc using a USB cable.

I wish Microsoft would allow to download the screenshots directly from the profile, and make my xbox profile public. But this is enough, so I can share my absolute awesome Starfield ships :D

Centusin posted:

I don't think they deserve kudos for finally making the game better at the same time they released something new to buy for it. The 2.0 changes will help with gameplay stuff for people that buy the base game now, but you still have to fork up for what might be the only good story in the game in the expansion, which then has an impact on your final ending choices in the main game. If 3 years from now Bethesda released an expansion for Starfield that came with a whole load of changes that should have been in the game in the first place people would be livid.

The release version of Cyberpunk was a farce in several ways. Including not giving review copies for the old gen version AND the old gen version being hilariusly bad.

Also, Cyberpunk at release was a honest to god excellent game in the ways the game needed to be. Cyberpunk did not need a robust police system or the things people missed, because its not a open city sandbox.

The internet had a hate boner with hating the game. And a lot of that was because people make money from posting extreme videos on Youtube. The more extreme the view, more clicks, more advertising money for Youtube and the youtuber. Youtube promote extremist.

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 20, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Centusin posted:

If 3 years from now Bethesda released an expansion for Starfield that came with a whole load of changes that should have been in the game in the first place people would be livid.

That'd be cool actually

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

External Organs posted:

That'd be cool actually

I would play he hell of a DLC that add a robust pirate faction "Make your own pirate faction". And one with a huge faction war between UC and the Vrunn.

But more than anything, Starfield need setpieces. Some good old "Karack is burning" poo poo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Centusin posted:

Bethesda literally already did this. Like poo poo, Fallout 3 had a DLC which changed the ending because everyone pointed out how stupid "I have a radiation immune friend standing five feet away, but I must kill myself" is.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Centusin posted:

But no one's livid about this right now, so, how could that be true? It's very positively received. I'm sure if it happened with Starfield it would be... positively received.

"Changes that should have been in the game in the first place," is not something which reflects reality in terms of development schedules. Developers in general want to put out the best game possible, but real world constraints (money) can make that very difficult to do. But...

I think there's something to be said for how this is more a trend with large studios while smaller studios have still managed to put out incredible games out of the box, especially over the last few years. There's something to be said for how big budgets constrain developers by passing off the creative buck to the techno-solution. When there's money you throw money at problems first, and everything else second - and then whoops, we have less money than we thought, we need money now, we don't have money to fix it with money and we don't have time because we need money right now.

DavidCameronsPig
Jun 23, 2023

Toaster Beef posted:

My hope is it'll die out a bit as younger generations slip into more and more executive roles, but it's an immense tide of self-important horseshit to push back against.

Every job type does this, not just corporate types. Web developers will talk about ‘hydrating the dom’ and apparently not be referring to their role at a kink club, marketing types will talk about how people ‘engage brand advocacy’ unironically, I’m sure game devs have their own weird vocabulary talking about action verbs or something.

It serves a purpose of quickly separating people who know what they’re talking about up to a point, until years pass and people go native and forget to talk like a normal person and everyone thinks they run around in a leather harness getting coca colas at night. The next generation will just invent their own bollocks instead.

E: oh it’s an Xbox thread. Uh starfield is more like snorefield.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I think we are seeing an interesting little shift from a studio using the sales model to capture consumers, which usually goes okay we captured all the 70 dollar consumers - with sales we can capture the 40 dollar consumers, or the 20 dollar consumers and on and on.

You could also look at a no man's sky and say okay we captured initial consumers, but more consumers at the same price point exist with additional content. There's other examples of this too... into the breach had a huge free update. Rain World, same thing. Spiritfarer had a content update. I'm sure there's a lot more. No reason why Starfield couldn't do the same thing.

I guess the cyberpunk update isn't free, although a lot of the qol stuff sounds like it is.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Centusin posted:

They literally did this with Fallout 3 and somehow everyone was fine with it because Bethesda people have severe head trauma

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They literally did this with Fallout 3 and somehow everyone was fine with it because Bethesda people have severe head trauma

Hey that mean and me no like what say about me

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I'm just gonna wait til Phantom Liberty goes on sale. Bing bong

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Tei posted:

I can share my absolute awesome Starfield ships :D

Hi Tei :) Please share your Starfield ships!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Cyberpunk owned on release and honestly you’re telling on yourself if you act otherwise.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Yeah honestly I enjoyed the hell out of the game when it first came out, have played it through all over again with each huge update, and am looking forward to playing it through again when 2.0 hits tomorrow. I haven't played anything that gives me the same amazing vibes I get from cruising around Night City.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I simply waited like a year to play it and it owned.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

American McGay posted:

Cyberpunk owned on release and honestly you’re telling on yourself if you act otherwise.

Wasn't it fairly unplayable on lastgen systems? I had it on PC and yeah it was very good from the start, nothing any more extreme than bethesda jank.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

They're completely overhauling the character progression system bc it owned too much. People's heads kept bursting Scanners style at +0.25% crit chance when firing assault rifles from behind cover and it was becoming a liability for CDPR

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I simply waited like a year to play it and it owned.

I simply waited until 2.0

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Best overall experience playing CP2077 was on Stadia because I got back my 60 bucks after it inevitably failed :mmmhmm:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wish you could get your 10 bucks back :hehe:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

The Kins posted:

Yeah, the announced retrogames you can find at arcades and on consoles are Fighting Vipers 2, "Sega Racing Classic 2" (aka Daytona 2 without the license), the microcomputer version of Flicky and the unreleased-in-Japan Master System version of Galaxy Force.

I had no idea “Daytona” was a license that they had to renew or rename the game. I know the speedway is called Daytona, and the race is the Daytona 500, but it’s also just the name of the city

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

American McGay posted:

I think the game where the developers spent several years apologizing for it and are releasing a massive overhaul of many of its basic mechanics perhaps did not own.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's weird to have goons line up to defend CP2077 because even beyond the criminal state it released in technically, like 75% of the missions are the very definition of "dudes stand around in a room for the player to kill them" map clearing objectives that people decry in every other game.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

It's weird to have goons line up to defend CP2077 because even beyond the criminal state it released in technically, like 75% of the missions are the very definition of "dudes stand around in a room for the player to kill them" map clearing objectives that people decry in every other game.

Yes but it’s the same people who made The Witcher so it’s fine nbd.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Cyberpunk sucked, sucks, and might be ok with all this new content but Im definitely not buying the base game and the expansion to find out. I remember when they were flogging their steelbooks for 10 dollars, charge 20 total and I might consider it.

Anyways lies of P seems fun but I just beat NG++ on Armored Core 6 so I don't know if I have energy for FROMlike/Soulslike gameplay atm. That party animals game is out today, gonna try it with some friends tonight to see if it's any fun.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 20, 2023

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://www.ign.com/articles/leaked-microsoft-documents-show-the-xbox-series-s-might-be-more-popular-than-you-think

I thought the S was a failure though

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

kri kri posted:

I simply waited until 2.0

Me too.

Well... that's a lie actually.

I bought it on Stadia to get the free chromecast ultra + controller bundle. Then I never played it. Then Stadia crumbled and I got refunded everything but got to keep all the hardware and will NOW spend that cash on CP 2.0.

Played the *real* long game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Starfield reset a lot of my expectations going into 2.0 I admit.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
So is Party Animals just a straight clone of Gang Beasts, but with slightly greater production values and hellworld microtransaction monetization?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

ImpAtom posted:

Starfield reset a lot of my expectations going into 2.0 I admit.

whats that supposed to mean?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Twerk from Home posted:

So is Party Animals just a straight clone of Gang Beasts, but with slightly greater production values and hellworld microtransaction monetization?
It’s Gangs Beasts meets Fall Guys. Seems pretty fun so far, except with the way some of the games are (four teams, first to three) means the matches can kinda drag a bit. Would probably be extra hype with friends.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Tankbuster posted:

whats that supposed to mean?

they no longer expect games to be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seltzer posted:

Cyberpunk sucked, sucks, and might be ok with all this new content but Im definitely not buying the base game and the expansion to find out. I remember when they were flogging their steelbooks for 10 dollars, charge 20 total and I might consider it.

did you play it?