Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

What's this I read on a German sports site about Spanish AS reporting that Christiano Ronaldo is gonna appear at the next Blood Money show? Have there been any reports about this from Dave or the other sources? I know the AS can often be full of poo poo, but CR7 is enough of a greedy attention whore diving piece of poo poo that he would fit right in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

of course Vince would want another rapist there; gotta have someone he can actually relate to for once

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

the escape goat posted:

of course Vince would want another rapist there; gotta have someone he can actually relate to for once

Haha! Pwnage!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Pinche Rudo posted:

I think now that Vince doesn’t have sole control, he’s going to be forced out/retired in the next few years. I just can’t see TKO/Endeavor keeping him on super long as he’s already 78, still has some lingering investigations going on, and could start clashing with Ari Emanuel as he’s used to being the top dog. I think Vince’s current role is going to be transitional and he eventually winds up with maybe a board seat, but no actual day to day authority over operations.

Nick Khan is a better choice to run the company from a business perspective at this point. Dude is a shark with a ton of entertainment industry connections and doesn’t have the decades of baggage that Vince carries. He’ll cut WWE to the bone and squeeze every penny he can out of it.

Have you considered that Vince's world runs on the same narrative laws as the Game of Thrones show, wherein the dude/lady most suited for any role gets shanked five minutes into their time at the top and the most horrible person in any given scene getting the power?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

when irish eyes are sucking

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I mean the terms of the WWE merger were literally "This only happens if Vince comes back" and they didn't seem to care when the UFC owner was beating his wife in public so no I don't think they're gonna give two shits about any of Vince's legal problems unless he literally goes to prison.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Drakkel posted:

I mean the terms of the WWE merger were literally "This only happens if Vince comes back" and they didn't seem to care when the UFC owner was beating his wife in public so no I don't think they're gonna give two shits about any of Vince's legal problems unless he literally goes to prison.

Plus the government seriously going after Vince was a long shot when WWE was by itself, but no way they're going after Ari Emanuel's company.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I think Becky should continue to cut promos like that but bring back her irish jig gimmick to go with it :twisted:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Ronaldo should kick someone in the junk. That’s the only way it will be good

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

when 'always bad'ding someone over a single promo is actually justified

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Looks like the new strain, CR7DS, has infected the WWF thread

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
dont watch wwe tv but pretty sure that nxt promo was a reference to her old nxt "im very irish gimmick"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqNXx706eNU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Looks like the new strain, CR7DS, has infected the WWF thread

I've had CR7DS for 20 years I think you'll find :colbert:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They really missed the boat on teaming her up with Shaemus and making them leprechauns.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Invalid Validation posted:

They really missed the boat on teaming her up with Shaemus and making them leprechauns.

Lepre-can'ts.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/IANdrewTheGiant/status/1704583397018857722?t=EDGlh8ZjP7hr7d5Zfd003Q&s=19

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I think Becky is still pretty talented all around, but they haven't had her do hardly anything interesting since the start of 2019. Hard to cut genuinely good promos when all your feuds are crap. Also knowing wwe there's like a 5% chance that promo was actually her idea and not some dumb script they gave her 10 minutes before.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
becky's pretty much done everything in wwe already and they are bad at pushing/developing talent to move up the card, just general wwe issues. really only thing left for her stick around the top floating aimlessly as the same is to put younger/newer talent over, which again wwe is dreadful at doing at the proper time. the Man gimmick has sort of ran its course after a heel turn back to face turn. She's not as stale as say Charlotte is with her gimmick and what she's done in WWE but going back to win a developmental title you didnt get the first time through is real desperate spinning the wheels/last hurrah kind of thing unless she reinvents herself.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 21, 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

every idea they've had for both becky and seth over the past like 3 years has been "what if they wore dumb clothes and talked like assholes"

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I finally caught the Rock's return on Youtube, which seems to consist of the fans chanting at Theory:

You are :silence: you are :silence: you are :silence: you are :silence: :silence: :silence: :silence: rear end in a top hat :silence: :silence: :silence:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Alaois posted:

every idea they've had for both becky and seth over the past like 3 years has been "what if they wore dumb clothes and talked like assholes"

seth's another dude who is kind of just floating around at the top after already doing everything he can in wwe in any interesting way, even already winning the new world title. his current gimmicks been around for awhile and really doesnt have much going for it since he went from delusion crazy person hyped off his own ego to just kind of wears silly outfits but is a face.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
the Seth/Nakamura feud was really good because now the story is that Seth is wrestling with a hosed up back but refuses to take a break because he's the champ but also because he feels like he has to be the guy to carry the program

becky was in a long feud with trish that mostly sucked but it gave us two good matches, and now she's popping big ratings in nxt and letting everyone know how good tiffany stratton is

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Sono posted:

I finally caught the Rock's return on Youtube, which seems to consist of the fans chanting at Theory:

You are :silence: you are :silence: you are :silence: you are :silence: :silence: :silence: :silence: rear end in a top hat :silence: :silence: :silence:

That's the TV-PG rating for you, there's video online of the uncensored UK feed.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Becky is kinda cringe

It was cool though when she leaned into it for laughs, and was doing lovely dad-jokes and puns and poo poo whilst knowing they were awful.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I liked Becky's Not Quite Lady Gaga look, though I admittedly have zero fashion sense or taste.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Becky’s lady gaga look is perfect for complementing her spouse, Lord GOO GOO!

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
eddie kingston did something cody couldn’t do: finish a story

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The best thing about Becky's promo is He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Posted's meltdown at everyone saying it was a bad promo.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Stop giving him the negative attention he craves by even doing the wink wink nudge nudge bullshit, nobody cares about his bad opinions

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Whether in Orlando or Ballynahinch
I’ll still keep the title cause I’m Becky Lynch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Stop giving him the negative attention he craves by even doing the wink wink nudge nudge bullshit, nobody cares about his bad opinions

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Maybe they have a bet at home over who can be the most irritating on television?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

KungFu Grip posted:

becky's pretty much done everything in wwe already

Aside from stuff like Rumble Wins and being in big gimmick matches... a huge WWE problem is that each brand has a roster of like 12 decent women and there are 3 main Women's titles that are all treated equally. Once you've climbed that small mountain there is nowhere to go.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Why does Chris Benoit care about attention?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

forkboy84 posted:

Why does Chris Benoit care about attention?

Because he came up in the Attention Era!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2023/09/21/wwe-smackdown-returns-to-usa.aspx

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Its Joever

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/JBFlint/status/1704843437965713481?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

does this pwn the fed stans or not