Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The good news is that the bald tires should be the least of their worries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1704558414519554314#m

quote:

Russian soldiers from Regiment 442 (part of a mortar batallion) fighting near Klishchiivka are complaining about literally everything.

"I received an order to assemble a group of six people for a certain death, for some kind of assault. We will not refuse and do our duty. Also, the ammunition is terrible. It doesn't even fly away and doesn't explode. We basically have nothing to work with. This morning, something terrible happened. A person, not from our unit, hanged himself, everyone is in fear. A year has passed and we didn't have a single vacation yet. We do not refuse our duties but we are simply sent to a certain death'."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
"Please Mister President, don't kill us like everyone else that complains about you!"

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

This sort of seems like an admission that Ukraine's major allies might be losing faith in a long war, I think we can assume they were not happy about the results of the counter offensive and sceptical that much progress will be made from now on.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"My uncle, who is totally younger than me by the way"

Like I know that can happen but lol what

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

khwarezm posted:

This sort of seems like an admission that Ukraine's major allies might be losing faith in a long war, I think we can assume they were not happy about the results of the counter offensive and sceptical that much progress will be made from now on.

Nah, they just are under financial strain so they probably don't have much more to send.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

khwarezm posted:

This is about protecting the local grain industry, not about any analysis of Ukraine’s military prospects.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

He should check the local airfield

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Subjunctive posted:

This is about protecting the local grain industry, not about any analysis of Ukraine’s military prospects.
Furthermore, I'd imagine the recent series of attacks on the Black Sea Fleet are a response to issues with grain. This issue goes away if grain can be safely shipped from Ukrainian ports again.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1704605420533301753#m
Monkee just can't catch a break lately huh?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tires to be delivered after the paychecks you never got are deposited into your account. Those come after you get rotated out for leave you were supposed to get 5 months ago. Trust us all the proper people have been notified and it's all on the way. In the mean time listen to this banger by some random 12 year olds. Just dream about all the real estate you're going to buy in Atlantis after we conquer it.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1704554202494579080#m

quote:

Lavrov at the UN security council said that Ukraine is not hiding its position to exterminate Russians and that the West is supporting it.

He said added that "all these years, the EU and NATO directly supported the sabotage of the Minsk agreements, pushing the Ukrainian regime to forcefully resolve the Donbas problem, done in violation of the UN Charter."

He furthermore emphasized that the risks of global conflict are growing due to non-compliance with the UN Charter but Russia is not giving up negotiations on Ukraine.
You brought this on yourselves.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

silly westoid, you can clearly see from the characteristic pattern that that's damascus rubber, folded thousands of times and incredibly strong.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

They’re smooth to help the trucks roll

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

khwarezm posted:

You could like, read the literal first line of the article.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
As far as exterminating Russians go I think Russia might have contributed a bit more towards that effort.

Burns
May 10, 2008

khwarezm posted:

I mean if western democracies are good at anything its betraying their allies. I want the EU and other countries to sign a declaration thar tgey wont just pussy out.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Flyinglemur posted:

uh huh, we sure did speak publicly about those very public submarine incidents. And others as well, like when we run into merchant ships on the surface, or run aground off the coast of Sardegna, etc. Yes sir, those were all on the news

:nsa:

tbf no one was going to effectively keep the collective sound of ten thousand 'well the front fell off' jokes quiet

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

khwarezm posted:

From where in the article to you infer any part of that conclusion?

Morawiecki clearly says, "Poland would certainly not risk Ukraine's security."

and then goes on to, again, clearly say, "...depressed prices led the government to introduce price guarantees and ultimately ban Ukrainian grain imports."

Perhaps a better conclusion, citing only the article, might be the Polish government is addressing complaints from their agricultural constituency.

I believe the Polish contribution so far has amounted to about 3 billion USD. Polish farmers are piping up and saying, "prices are falling, what about us?" and Poland was moved to respond.

So again, from the article, where do you get the "admission" about "losing faith"?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

This is almost assuredly a mis-translation and/or mis-speak being taken as something it is not. appears to be some missing stuff in there about a shift in Poland's defense posture/priorities (eg from arming Ukraine as the primary defense strategy to acquisition of modern weapons systems as the top priority), which matches up with Poland's known defense priorities. polish side of that site is reporting nothing of the sort, btw

also the actual content of that is weirdly inconsistent with what it claims, so who tf knows what is going on there with that single headline

I certainly could be wrong, but most likely there will be a clarification tomorrow or something

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 20, 2023

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Polish farmers have a right to be mad if this causes them financial stress, but the solutions to it are relatively simple:
1: Ensure the agenda is firmly towards this being Putin's fault.
2: Subsidize the farmers so their income is equal to last year at least.

Which has a cost and would mean Poland can't provide as much military aid directly, but allowing Ukraine grain to be sold through them is still support.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1704616760933036370#m
Owned lmao

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Also remember Polish farmers must abide by the whole regime of EU agricultural requirements especially regulating pesticide use. And Ukraine is under no such restrictions thus in effect, it's cheaper for Ukrainian farmers to grow grain than it is for their bloc voting Polish farming counterparts.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Sanctions not working. I said sanctions aren't working!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Huge fire at air force command post in Crimea, tracked by FIRMS

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

zone posted:

Huge fire at air force command post in Crimea, tracked by FIRMS

Wrong again westoids, this is a controlled burn to dispose of old and dangerous equipment, increasing the average quality and safety of Russian gear accordingly. You simply dont understand the superior russian logistics mindset :rolleyes:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/rezyser666/status/1704584933803532290

The phrasing is awkward, but it doesn't sound like they're ending weapon supply to Ukraine

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1704614550060818852

Reports on twitter suggest it's the biggest drone attack so far

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Flavahbeast posted:

The phrasing is awkward, but it doesn't sound like they're ending weapon supply to Ukraine

Chatting to Polish friends earlier about this. This would amount to politcal suicide they said if it actually happened. Ukraine has massive support amongst Polish people.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toxic Mental posted:

I can't imagine thinking "which branch should I go into" and not instead instantly going with the one famously called The Chair Force

I tried this but they have rigorous standards so I ended up in the only branch that would take a criminal record having loser druggie like me the navy

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Flavahbeast posted:

A charitable read of this is poland is out of backstock arms/ammunition and now feels it needs to focus on arming itself incase russia goes full insane and tries to start a war with them.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
i wouldn't even try to read into that, just wait until that statement is clarified

HKR posted:

A charitable read of this is poland is out of backstock arms/ammunition and now feels it needs to focus on arming itself incase russia goes full insane and tries to start a war with them.

poland is a member of NATO

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 20, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Azovsouth/status/1704622359888433412

:toot:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Not so fun now when you're getting a taste of your own medicine back, eh vatniks?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Our air defense was working, until an arrival happened, then it stopped. :dumb:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I tried this but they have rigorous standards so I ended up in the only branch that would take a criminal record having loser druggie like me the navy

Lots of decks always in need of a good swabbing.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tai posted:

Sanctions not working. I said sanctions aren't working!

Can you please type this louder? It's not getting through.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

More about agricultural knock-on effects

https://twitter.com/glcarlstrom/status/1704449894822408423

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:nms:

No gore, just a Russian POW talking about how they practiced combat medicine on deserters.

It’s so fantastical and barbaric but with everything that’s happened so far I’m inclined to believe it’s true. Even then I’m having a hard time processing the casual cruelty of it all.

https://reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/s/dGyxui2pJD

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 21, 2023