Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I'm glad we learned nothing from Nate Davis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Rapoport already said a lot of the stuff from random Twitter nobodies was wrong:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1704602395945103644

But whatever it turns out to be it’s apparently “loving crazy” according to that Breer tweet, so it’s evidently more than just a run of the mill health issue.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Williams probably has cancer or something and insane fantasy players are big mad about football

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Gorson posted:

Whatever he did this is not a galvanizing moment for a football team. This is Washington Commanders level of dysfunction. This feels like a lost season for the Bears already and Justin Fields is clearly not their guy. They should trade him for whatever they can get and move on, still might be worth a 2nd rounder to a contending team that can afford the time to develop him. I feel really bad for Fields and the other Bears players, they didn't sign up for this horseshit.

Trey Lance went for a fourth and that's probably more than 2023 Fields goes for. No reason to trade him when telling him to stay in the pocket gets you Caleb Williams

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/startkyIeorton/status/1704605832929796226

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

This is confusing me, and that makes me angry.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/JonZSports/status/1704597396599009358

So this guy either is going to out a bunch of people for lying or he's watching his journalism career end before his eyes.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Yes. Because he's trying to break a contract

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/JonZSports/status/1704597396599009358

So this guy either is going to out a bunch of people for lying or he's watching his journalism career end before his eyes.

Williams' Chicago Style Pizzagate ain't going away!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Fields is right. Turning a guy who runs a 4.4 40 into a pocket passer is one of the dumbest loving ideas an offensive coordinator has come up with. They should have fired Getsy after last weekend's game.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

People are loving stupid. You need lawyers for estate stuff if it is health related.

If this is just personal stuff, the Bears PR staff needs to be fired for letting this rampant speculation get out of hand.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

HootTheOwl posted:

Yes. Because he's trying to break a contract

Resignation waves all rights to compensation unless he was forced to

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Could be related to contract matters

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

Resignation waves all rights to compensation unless he was forced to

There could still be legal issues like the Bears trying to claw back salary or bonuses based on some perceived breach of contract.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Williams paid for a WinRAR license with DJ Moore’s debit card, probably. While Brian Urlacher watched and egged him on.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Sataere posted:

If this is just personal stuff, the Bears PR staff needs to be fired for letting this rampant speculation get out of hand.

If it's genuinely just health and family poo poo, then the caginess of the Bears about this situation is genuinely despicable. Cuz the way the org has acted is the primary driver of me thinking there must be something else going on here.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The lawyer thing isn't surprising. You're dealing with contracts and substantial amounts of money.

With that said.....

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/1704588396507611340

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Like why would you hire a sports attorney if you are being hit with criminal charges

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 20, 2023

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

fishing with the fam posted:

If it's genuinely just health and family poo poo, then the caginess of the Bears about this situation is genuinely despicable. Cuz they way the org has acted is the primary driver of me thinking there must be something else going on here.

That's how they operate. They call everything "personal reasons". Obviously, you can't invade someone's privacy, but they treat a death in the family to the media the same as kicking a player out of practice for insubordination. At some point, people are going to speculate.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

That's how they operate. They call everything "personal reasons". Obviously, you can't invade someone's privacy, but they treat a death in the family to the media the same as kicking a player out of practice for insubordination. At some point, people are going to speculate.

It is entirely possible I am far too online.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
LOL, the attorney called into The Score right now.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/ParkinsSpiegel/status/1704609993666748721?t=h9O8CdzOBgRG3t2_lB86dg&s=19

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If he’s just a contract lawyer this is rather bizarre behavior

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Xposting from N/V with the added note that I have worked in PR including during crisis situations and have journalism experience.

Biggs would not go so far as to even say this if he was not pretty sure of his sourcing and reporting.

The Bears have not yet issued a statement, which means that there are a lot of people who have eyes on it and who are going to want it to be worded very carefully. (Addendum: I mean lawyers. Lots of lawyers.)

In fact, Rap and Cronin are saying different things about the timing of the resignation (morning vs. afternoon) and as simple a detail as that not being carefully coordinated, particularly with these reporters for these outlets, tells me that whatever it was, they were blindsided.

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1704589201688101289?t=ugc0xtWp0XF9NdCximd21g&s=19

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1704588973765501404?t=Rtw3n0scKbCXsP_R5BEAhA&s=19

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

HootTheOwl posted:

Of course he wasn't. Because his name is Legume Cashbox, Peanut Tillman doesn't exist anymore

Legume Cashbox is a good username.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

If he has done nothing wrong and this is just a health issue, he should kick everyone in the Bears organization in the nuts for this. I don't buy the rumors on Twitter, but something weird is clearly going on. Stepping away or resigning for health/family issues is usually straightforward. Eberflus acting like he didn't know if he was still employed or not at a press conference isn't normal.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Gonz posted:

Williams paid for a WinRAR license with DJ Moore’s debit card, probably. While Brian Urlacher watched and egged him on.

a disgusting act

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Niwrad posted:

If he has done nothing wrong and this is just a health issue, he should kick everyone in the Bears organization in the nuts for this. I don't buy the rumors on Twitter, but something weird is clearly going on. Stepping away or resigning for health/family issues is usually straightforward. Eberflus acting like he didn't know if he was still employed or not at a press conference isn't normal.

Yeah, there is definitely something weird going on here.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm not sure that lawyer interview did anything but confuse the topic even more. He's didn't confirm he was being retained for contract issues but just to clear the air that there's no criminal charges.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

fishing with the fam posted:

LOL, the attorney called into The Score right now.

This was just an insane interview.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Okay if this is just health issues it’s gonna be really funny because this should not be that hard a thing to deal with

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

yeah everything is so loving weird if some real dirt didn't happen.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Glad to see that everyone involved is an idiot.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Okay if this is just health issues it’s gonna be really funny because this should not be that hard a thing to deal with

Any crisis pr plan worth a drat would have a prepared statement for that kind of situation and we wouldn't all be sitting around as it approaches 5pm CT waiting for the Bears to say something more substantive than...

This one sentence.

Mirotic fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 20, 2023

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
efb by everyone

We're going to have to wait and see what really happened here without jumping to conclusion and folks, that just isn't how I live in this day and age!

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

If this is all a big nothing the new Trestman era has definitely begun.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The resignation letter not being on Bears stationary is weird. The Bears not wishing him well or thanking him for his time is weird. It sounds like the Bears are just hoping everyone forgets he worked there, which tells me this might be bad.

It is worth noting that Courtney Cronin just deleted a tweet she had up quoting William's attorney that said "Williams's home was not raided and there are no legal actions against Coach Alan Williams". So maybe she got some new information.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

And here I thought getting pantsed in Soldier Field week 1 at home by the Packers was the low point of the season. Whew.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

What is it that Kevin Warren does for the Bears?

chrix posted:

And here I thought getting pantsed in Soldier Field week 1 at home by the Packers was the low point of the season. Whew.

Matt Nagy is going to cook them this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Niwrad posted:

What is it that Kevin Warren does for the Bears?

Fails to understand how property taxes work