Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

What is it that Kevin Warren does for the Bears?

Matt Nagy is going to cook them this weekend.

If this is bad, The Bears probably are being reccomended by lawyers to not say poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

:lol: at that interview with Trumaine Edmunds where he basically doesn't know who is running the defense. Mahomes is throwing for 600 yards.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Within like a 4 hour window, the Bears DC quits for potentially really ugly reasons, they release their backup QB to rely on a D-II grad, and their starting QB says he's been playing like poo poo because of the coaching.

The Bears are in mid season form.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Dexo posted:

If this is bad, The Bears probably are being reccomended by lawyers to not say poo poo

There is a lawyer / PR argument happening somewhere in Halas Hall right now

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Hey guys why is there 168 new pos-

:rubby:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/CEmma670/status/1704619513117868545

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

So THAT'S whats going on.... you tricky motherfuckers. SURPRISE!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Surprise quitting on your boss's birthday is a pretty good bit

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

In non Bears moves lmfao what are the Vikings doing

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1704623357528805726?t=m89sRvKsxZCB5HEz1I_RRA&s=19

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Guessing just another back who knows the offense. If it's swapping a 6th and 7th around, it's pretty cheap.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
"Ey, our RB isn't doing so hot, 19 carries for 62 yards, we need someone who can move the chains."

"How about this other RB that has 22 carries for 29 yards?"

"That'll do."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Someone somewhere said they wanted the division to stop being boring and having Rodgers, and that monkey's paw curled as far as it loving could for this year to happen

A snap hasn't been played for week 3 yet

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

That monkey's paw has turf thumb.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1704636115817275814

He was in high demand

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/MitchSchwartz71/status/1704600254660718600

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
What the gently caress, bears

This is absolutely jumping up the trestman scale

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Little did we know the "overwhelming information" was Williams telling him per-play prop bets. Getsy will be vindicated.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Gonz posted:

Williams paid for a WinRAR license

Ban+blacklist if true

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Shrimpy posted:

Little did we know the "overwhelming information" was Williams telling him per-play prop bets. Getsy will be vindicated.

This got a genuine lol from me on a rough day thanks.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shrimpy posted:

I was reading a piece in The Athletic earlier tonight and I hadn't realized that neither Getsy nor Andrew Janocko (QB coach) have ever, at any point in their coaching careers, developed a young quarterback.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

maybe this was just a small bump in the road as a young QB learns to assert himself in the pros, and him and Getsy are in lockstep and we're gonna start scoring 30 a game

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

QB school on Love's week 2. Lots of good stuff again. Copying at probably his best throw of the day that should have been a TD, but was uncalled PI. Also good theatrics setting up a play action TD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-TUMCkPv4Y&t=748s

Lots of complements on the playcalling, WRs get some praise too. Couple issues and bad plays called out.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Is it too late to be a Bears fan?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Matt Nagy did nothing wrong

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SirPablo posted:

Legally? You have another five days before it becomes an automatic red flag in all job interviews

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Press conferences before practice??

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1704656200132882839?t=kPIJ6pm5Np7X_jD_XTJ7Wg&s=19

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

SirPablo posted:

Talk about getting in on the ground floor. You'd be the complete opposite of a bandwagon fan.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Finally a successful QB run.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Inverse Trestman. The QB scrambles to apologize to the offensive coordinator.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Shrimpy posted:

It wasn't by design but at least he made one read and went

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
The longer the Bears are silent the worse it must be. I haven't heard a more deafening silence in years.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

The longer the Bears are silent the worse it must be. I haven't heard a more deafening silence in years.

They announced he quit on their website.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

He quit cause he was too good at being a football coach and it wasn't fair to everyone else

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Inverse Trestman. The QB scrambles to apologize to the offensive coordinator.

Shrimpy posted:

Amazing content, thank you both. I'm giggling like an idiot.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Woke Mind Virus posted:

He quit cause he was too good at being a football coach and it wasn't fair to everyone else

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Shrimpy posted:

NFC North 2023: It's like gambling, but with money as currency

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Hot Diggity! posted:

They announced he quit on their website.

With one sentence that does not wish him well or thank him for his time. That is also deafening.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Tally of NFL team attire I've seen Japanese people wearing after 4 days of wandering around Tokyo:

- Dallas Cowboys: 3
- Green Bay Packers: 3
- Miami Dolphins: 1
- Seattle Seahawks: 1

NFL merch has been a drop in the bucket compared to MLB merch, but more prevalent than NBA merch (1 Bulls, 1 Lakers) and NHL merch (none).

Dexo posted:

I think Tim Jenkins did a good job of breaking down what is going on with Justin on CHGO and why he just looks so loving out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOH5aDGmXFA&t=328s

I looked at this clip and in less than a minute there's a superchat on the screen that says: "Easy fix - Trade Fields to Jets, trade for Chase Young and get Bagent in - true pocket passer with some mobility. Stop with the Fields experiment."

Goddamn, Dexo wasn't kidding

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

surf rock posted:

I looked at this clip and in less than a minute there's a superchat on the screen that says: "Easy fix - Trade Fields to Jets, trade for Chase Young and get Bagent in - true pocket passer with some mobility. Stop with the Fields experiment."

Goddamn, Dexo wasn't kidding

For like 2-3 weeks in August we had a small but vocal sector of Packers fans insisting Sean Clifford was better in every way than Jordan Love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
I thought there might be a major meltdown of some kind at Halas Hall given how they've looked so far, but I certainly didn't expect it before the third game. Yikes, what a day.