Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1704629742312501413

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
don't worry, adept swarm doesn't have a single roll worth a drat

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
How's the connectivity this evening?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Reiterpallasch posted:

don't worry, adept swarm doesn't have a single roll worth a drat

I feel like most are probably better than that though lol

Mostly I just wanted to have an adept gun though, even if I really wanted the double shot handcannon

Paracelsus posted:

Looks like whoever's ddosing gave up for now, I'm fine atm

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I got a battleye disconnect and I'm currently stuck on a "play stay on this screen until login services stabilize" screen. :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Paracelsus posted:

MJeff posted:

I got a battleye disconnect and I'm currently stuck on a "play stay on this screen until login services stabilize" screen. :(

yah poo poo's hosed

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
It's very bad right now.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

TopHatGenius posted:

It's very bad right now.

But enough about the posting in this thread. Seems fine now to me, a coastal elite who had good internet and enjoys destiny 2.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Only problems I had tonight was I couldn’t get bounties via the app but whatever it was just nice to play the game again

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://youtu.be/8-SMhtcWr9M

Fire buddy!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Also: lmfao their solution is to kick you to the login screen if you try do the crafting bug.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FlapYoJacks posted:

Also: lmfao their solution is to kick you to the login screen if you try do the crafting bug.

No way this will backfire

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

RBA Starblade posted:

No way this will backfire

somehow you will be able to put Titan perks on a Hunter

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Judging by how hard people had to work to trigger the glitch in the first place, I think unintentional triggering is incredibly unlikely

There is nothing in the game right now that allows the server to tell the client "nope, you can't do that, try something else", and adding that would probably be a big project. If the client ever sends a request that isn't fulfilled, that's already a session-ending error that kicks you to orbit or login. They just added "made an invalid crafting request" to the list of stuff that can cause it

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

haveblue posted:

Judging by how hard people had to work to trigger the glitch in the first place, I think unintentional triggering is incredibly unlikely

There is nothing in the game right now that allows the server to tell the client "nope, you can't do that, try something else", and adding that would probably be a big project. If the client ever sends a request that isn't fulfilled, that's already a session-ending error that kicks you to orbit or login. They just added "made an invalid crafting request" to the list of stuff that can cause it

As always, don’t let them trigger the bug is far easier than any fix would be.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

RBA Starblade posted:

Well on a whim I did it and I beat the GM NF this week! I got the Swarm adept!

It has tap the trigger and dynamic sway reduction! :negative:

that's actually a pretty solid roll for dueling and invading. tappy and DSR work together very well, so if you can stay on-target, you can kill multiple guardians with a single heavy brick very easily

e: hell with a stability masterwork and any stability increasing magazine or barrel you can get 100 stability on trigger pull and keep it for every burst. that's a lot for a high-impact.

e2: pretend that range is at 77, adept mods don't show up in the preview

if you've got something that looks like this you'll have a premium grade-A dick-slapper of a machine gun

Kith fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 21, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kith posted:

that's actually a pretty solid roll for dueling and invading. tappy and DSR work together very well, so if you can stay on-target, you can kill multiple guardians with a single heavy brick very easily

e: hell with a stability masterwork and any stability increasing magazine or barrel you can get 100 stability on trigger pull and keep it for every burst. that's a lot for a high-impact.

Huh, I wasn't thinking Gambit. Maybe I've drastically misunderstood how you want to use tap the trigger and how DSR works lol, wouldn't one reset on the other? I thought you'd want to pulse it repeatedly or just let er rip

e: Lmao the dev dies while using the new titan super in pvp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SKl0I_zCJQ

Looks neat though it drops as weapons for other people

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 21, 2023

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
FYI: Bungie "fixed" the bug by error coding you if you put a perk on a weapon it's not supposed to be able to go on. But the bug is still very much there.

So if you have Adept weapons from RoN or CE, you can use this bug to put the god roll of your choice on them using the regular craftable versions, or any other gun that has the perk you want in the same column.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Limiting crafting to only perks that are in the weapon's normal recipe/drop table fixes 99% of the impact, at least. They're probably still working on the UI aspect so it may get quietly 100% fixed in the future

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

RBA Starblade posted:

Huh, I wasn't thinking Gambit. Maybe I've drastically misunderstood how you want to use tap the trigger and how DSR works lol, wouldn't one reset on the other? I thought you'd want to pulse it repeatedly or just let er rip

nope. they work together like this:

Tap the Trigger posted:

Immediately upon firing, for 0.6 seconds:
40 Stability, -50% Recoil, and -10% Accuracy Cone Size.

Dynamic Sway Reduction posted:

Each shot while holding down the trigger grants:
• 1 Stability
• -5% Accuracy Cone Size
• -10% Accuracy Cone Growth

Reaches maximum strength after 10 shots, granting 10 Stability, -50% Accuracy Cone Size, and -100% Accuracy Cone Growth.

tappy activates immediately, DSR builds from shots fired. if you're dumping on someone, DSR will likely be at full strength once tappy expires, and both bonuses are pretty substantial. it's a surprisingly potent combo, especially on quickly-firing weapons that are likely to kill guardians quickly!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

tappy activates immediately, DSR builds from shots fired. if you're dumping on someone, DSR will likely be at full strength once tappy expires, and both bonuses are pretty substantial. it's a surprisingly potent combo, especially on quickly-firing weapons that are likely to kill guardians quickly!

DSR feels fantastic on auto rifles. Been using it on the Ammit and it just feels so nice.

I just realized it's been awhile since I said something like this:

Bring back the Steel Feather Repeater :colbert:.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 21, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

bring back the saint-14 weapons in general, poo poo. desperately want a kinetic perfect paradox with ALH and vorpal. maybe reconstruction or envious assassin. just something that i can pull out of my pocket and unmake something with

stasis is also acceptable if it has chill clip

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
They faked us out this season by reprising a bunch of Nadir & Cassoid guns instead of one of the previous seasons guns. Not unwelcome, but definitely a blow to those who have a favourite sunset gun they want back.

The window for [Your Favourite Gun] to get brought back with a cool foundry perk is closing. 1 more season this year + maybe a set for TFS + maybe a set each for the Episodes. 5 more possible times for a set to be brought back judging by the past.

Guns that remain to be brought back:

Red War simple looking scavenged stuff
Levianthan weapons
Mercury Forge/Osiris/Lost Prophecy weapons
Mars/Braytech weapons (osprey and technically horror story/werewolf are in but...)
Tangled Shore/Eliksni weapons
Black Armoury
Gambit Prime/Reckoning weapons
Season of the Undying grown over weapons
Season of the Undying Vex-construction weapons
Season of Dawn Saint-14 inspired weapons
Trophy Hunter and Pyroclastic flow

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kith posted:

Well poo poo, I thought they were just directly opposite and junked a gun like that! Thanks for the info, it's a nicer roll than I thought! I'll have to go say hi to Drifter later

I guess I have less awareness of what perks do than I thought

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Pirate Jet posted:

FYI: Bungie "fixed" the bug by error coding you if you put a perk on a weapon it's not supposed to be able to go on. But the bug is still very much there.

So if you have Adept weapons from RoN or CE, you can use this bug to put the god roll of your choice on them using the regular craftable versions, or any other gun that has the perk you want in the same column.

Not so fast!

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1704984256509096052?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i don't know how to make games but not having a 3rd darkness subclass and just making new light supers feels like dropping the ball on any kind of gameplay matching thematic weight or something. probably not the way to describe what i'm thinking, but i don't get it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Personally I'd much rather they add new aspects and supers rather than add a new darkness subclass. A 7th type of damage would gently caress up the sandbox even harder, and the new darkness subclass would just mean that strand gets to join stasis in the Forever Box, six feet under

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The Black Armoury weapons are definitely stowed away for a 'break glass in case of emergency' season

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Firebert posted:

The Black Armoury weapons are definitely stowed away for a 'break glass in case of emergency' season

I still laugh how so much of the game is "I am X. My esoteric weapons and powers have been kept hidden for millenia to prepare to stop the Second Collapse. Ok you can have it, fine.

Hey, what's that on the horizon?"

It's just extra funny with the Black Armory that after spending that whole season doing an incredible amount of bullshit, the planets just get yeeted out of existence, and the ones that come back have the foundries missing. gently caress you, Ada! You lose!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
C'mon now, not a one of the foundries was on a yeeted planet!

They were on Earth and Nessus, both of which are load-bearing code

The foundries just got deleted because a Wizard did it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That's even more embarrassing for Ada but also I thought that we lost Nessus too for some reason

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

That's even more embarrassing for Ada but also I thought that we lost Nessus too for some reason

We should have

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
:siren: :siren: :siren:

:siren: :siren: :siren:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

muike posted:

i don't know how to make games but not having a 3rd darkness subclass and just making new light supers feels like dropping the ball on any kind of gameplay matching thematic weight or something. probably not the way to describe what i'm thinking, but i don't get it

You’re going inside the Traveler, the nexus/wellspring of the Power of the Light. It would be weird not to have your Light Subclasses supercharged/empowered

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Personally I'd much rather they add new aspects and supers rather than add a new darkness subclass. A 7th type of damage would gently caress up the sandbox even harder, and the new darkness subclass would just mean that strand gets to join stasis in the Forever Box, six feet under

We’re getting an update to Stasis and artifact modifiers to it next season

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SgtSteel91 posted:

You’re going inside the Traveler, the nexus/wellspring of the Power of the Light. It would be weird not to have your Light Subclasses supercharged/empowered

I'm going to drop my siva gun and spaceship in there and see what happens

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:worship:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

SgtSteel91 posted:

because we need to buy an expansion after final shape

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

:yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

where when how when where