Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol does USA think they’ll also get the giant number of viewers it was pulling on fox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In related news Roman Reigns is no longer working Fridays

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol does USA think they’ll also get the giant number of viewers it was pulling on fox

lmfao yeah this seems silly. Raw always outperformed Smackdown when they were both on USA. Unless what they’re really locking down is Roman and The Bloodline. One Bill Joe?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Getting bumped from broadcast to cable and still getting a rights fee increase is yet another example of why you should literally never ever bet against the financial success of the WWF

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So where the gently caress is Raw gonna go?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Seems like they might be fishing for a thirsty streamer with that one

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

So where the gently caress is Raw gonna go?

Dave said in the newsletter this week that Disney and Amazon were potentially interested but that was in Smackdown rights. Still, they're kinda the only two I can think of right now?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat becky becomres nxt champion and they lose their tv. talk about an anti draw

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Musk will buy it and air it on Twitter following Tucker's show.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Pylons posted:

Dave said in the newsletter this week that Disney and Amazon were potentially interested but that was in Smackdown rights. Still, they're kinda the only two I can think of right now?

That'll lead to fun situations like them sitting on Amazon Prime TV and saying "Now be sure to go sign up for Peacock instead to watch Elimination Chamber, folks."

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

xbilkis posted:

Seems like they might be fishing for a thirsty streamer with that one

Smart, then no one will know how bad the ratings are.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

That'll lead to fun situations like them sitting on Amazon Prime TV and saying "Now be sure to go sign up for Peacock instead to watch Elimination Chamber, folks."

It's not much weirder than WWE using Peacock airtime to make money doing the zombie match / egg gimmick to advertise Netflix content. It's kinda funny how much WWE takes advantage of their partners sometimes

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It's not much weirder than WWE using Peacock airtime to make money doing the zombie match / egg gimmick to advertise Netflix content. It's kinda funny how much WWE takes advantage of their partners sometimes

I had forgotten the zombie match lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw, WBD should one million percent move Collision or Rampage to Fridays at 8, now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

btw, WBD should one million percent move Collision or Rampage to Fridays at 8, now.

Smackdown is apparently expected to stay on Fridays so I dunno.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1704844691957485695?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Smackdown is apparently expected to stay on Fridays so I dunno.

No, that's why they should do it. It's not on broadcast anymore, go for the jugular.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

tko stock prices dropped sharply this morning. They were around 100 yesterday and now it's around 88. I don't understand stock but does this sharp of a drop have to do with the usa smackdown deal?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It feels insane to keep Smackdown on Friday if it's going to Cable again

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

TKO stockholders not happy https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1704851204637954286?t=u1YdWHlIF4H63TgVnO4roA&s=19

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

now that they're making more money, they won't have to cut any talent. that's how that works right?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lmao, please add a third hour to smackdown

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the American people and wwe universe demand more Bloodline

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given the way Cable TV is shedding viewers I can see why the stock market isn't happy with a return to Cable and not staying on Network or moving to streaming

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Given the way Cable TV is shedding viewers I can see why the stock market isn't happy with a return to Cable and not staying on Network or moving to streaming

sometimes its even bullshit like "yeah the number went up, but we were expecting it to go up more!"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

A match featuring Matt "Matt Taven" Taven and The Righteous is announced for Rampage and the very next day, Smackdown announces it is surrendering and fleeing to cable.

Much to think about:thunk:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how bout a big super show once a month called smack it raw. airs on wednesday from 7pm to 11pm.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But if Raw leaves cable can it still be uncooked? Uncut? Uncensored?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

Not sure Ethan Page vs. Jay Lethal is going to beat out WWE tbh

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

projecthalaxy posted:

A match featuring Matt "Matt Taven" Taven and The Righteous is announced for Rampage and the very next day, Smackdown announces it is surrendering and fleeing to cable.

Much to think about:thunk:

Tavenomics

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Taven’s character has become too OP, it just isn’t believable

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Any rumblings of WBD bidding on Raw? 'Cause that might not be the best news.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Seams posted:

the American people and wwe universe demand more Bloodline

WWE presents Total Bloodline, coming to USA this fall

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

maruhkati posted:

Any rumblings of WBD bidding on Raw? 'Cause that might not be the best news.

It's probably out of their price range. FOX didn't go aggressively after Smackdown at $1.4b because even at their current deal ($1b) they were losing money on it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

tko stock prices dropped sharply this morning. They were around 100 yesterday and now it's around 88. I don't understand stock but does this sharp of a drop have to do with the usa smackdown deal?

Between that and the lede being buried that Raw's not staying, and also in addition to the offscreen cuts having happened last week onscreen cuts are rumored/likely soon, they're not liking what they're hearing post-merger

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AliWWE/status/1704860671786004727

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

‘Grats to Ali on finally getting the gently caress out of gently caress town

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

What's the wi-ckedly talented Adeel Dazeem doing in the Impact Zone

DLC Inc