Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

Revert?

They have been here in politics since at least Putin took over

Yes. And it's actively getting worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

''Everyone to the front! 15 hour days.''

''Well not me obviously, no not my friends, actually not my family, probably not that rich guy or that other rich guy.''

''What will you do?'

''We errr well we will monitor it and yell words of encouragement! Motherland!''

''OK that seems fair that you'll be with us on the front to encourage us.''

''Well you see, my yacht has a lot of cameras on it so it would be easier there''

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

Starting a war in Azerbaijan is absolutely a PUCCIA move right now

Russia has to avoid escalation because WW3!!!!

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Everyone's surprised the Azerbaijan thing hasn't blown up any sooner.

Russia might as well just pull out admit they've abandoned Armenia.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

Starting a war in Azerbaijan is absolutely a PUCCIA move right now

Might as well open up a brand new front!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I honestly wouldn't give any thought to what non-sense Gurulyov spouts out. He's in the same league as Solovyov or any other propagandist

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Willo567 posted:

I honestly wouldn't give any thought to what non-sense Gurulyov spouts out. He's in the same league as Solovyov or any other propagandist

Aka the only people allowed on tv

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Zhukov amount of medals worn here

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I know this is pure Tom Clancy, but imagine Azerbaijan goes into Armenia, Georgia makes a move for South Ossetia, Chechnya...in chaos, maybe toss in Ukraine helping Moldova with Transnistria. Where is the CIA of yesteryear when we need them?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

fatherboxx posted:

One medal for each type of embezzled equipment

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tsyni posted:

I know this is pure Tom Clancy, but imagine Azerbaijan goes into Armenia, Georgia makes a move for South Ossetia, Chechnya...in chaos, maybe toss in Ukraine helping Moldova with Transnistria. Where is the CIA of yesteryear when we need them?

The CIA is woke now

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

mobby_6kl posted:

The CIA is woke now

Putin was right about the wokies and the decadent west :negative:

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Tsyni posted:

Rotting in hell hopefully!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Tsyni posted:

The CIA worked for decades to convince Russian generals how cool and fun expensive yachts are to own

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
USA has lost in Ukraine and Russia has already retaken ground so US opened up a new front in South Caucasus!

Been seeing this over the last 24 hours lol. Love a bit of fan fic. Makes me chuckle.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Russian generals should lead from the front at the front

Their medals will provide Level III ballistic protection

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Tai posted:

USA has lost in Ukraine and Russia has already retaken ground so US opened up a new front in South Caucasus!

Been seeing this over the last 24 hours lol. Love a bit of fan fic. Makes me chuckle.
The United States is just a UK psyop and is inherently Russophobic.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

fatherboxx posted:

:same:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

The CIA is a wonderful organization. They exist to absorb blame when entities with no official agency affiliation really gently caress poo poo up.

Plus the psyops are a hoot.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Sedgr posted:

The CIA is a wonderful organization. They exist to absorb blame when entities with no official agency affiliation really gently caress poo poo up.

Plus the psyops are a hoot.

Perfect for the Russian government

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lol another 1% interest hike for russia. Sitting at 13%. Ruble value has barely moved again. But something something Russian economy is fine and growing.

Burns
May 10, 2008

new hot take: Russia IS a CIA psyop. Putin is a CIA plant. Can someone help me spin this yarn?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Randarkman posted:

Probably didn't help that basically the only strategy the Soviet army seemed to come up with was to concentrate the population in the cities and deliberately attempt to depopulate the coutnryside through brutal reprisals (in response to casualties) and raids on villages and scattering mines and poisoning wells and fields to prevent people returning.

Oh definitely not. The loving idiots basically wrote the book on how to infuriate an entire population into taking up arms against your lovely invaders. They tried to war crime Afghanistan into submission, but failed miserably.

Shame that those ultimately responsible didn't end up in the zinc coffins.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

When people ask me what I got my medals for I just point out that you can just go buy them at the Exchange. I don't see what the big deal is.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Burns posted:

new hot take: Russia IS a CIA psyop. Putin is a CIA plant. Can someone help me spin this yarn?

This is absolutely going to be a primary narrative in 5-10 years because no one has done more to kick Russia down lmao

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
So for re-taking Crimea, would Ukraine likely just try to isolate it as many predict, or would it require a ground offensive as well? Is the latter feasible given the size of Crimea?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
In the 90s at least in Helsinki flea markets had lots of russian people selling, and they all had big baskets full of medals. In the ussr everybody got medals for everything all the time.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Flyinglemur posted:

When people ask me what I got my medals for I just point out that you can just go buy them at the Exchange. I don't see what the big deal is.

“This generation is woke”

*received participation medal for showing up to a parade*

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Icochet posted:

In the 90s at least in Helsinki flea markets had lots of russian people selling, and they all had big baskets full of medals. In the ussr everybody got medals for everything all the time.

Those still existed in online stores such as Varusteleka 1-5e/semi-random medal in 2019 before COVID-times.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yo can I buy a Hero of the Soviet Union medal 🎖️

I wanna be the yin to the tankie MIC con badge Yang

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
It isn't stolen valor if you purchased it with legal tender

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Alan Smithee posted:

Yo can I buy a Hero of the Soviet Union medal 🎖️

I wanna be the yin to the tankie MIC con badge Yang

It looks like you can get an Order of Lenin or Hero of the Soviet Union replica medal for under $30.

If you want a legit one, you have to wait until they go on sale, and you'll pay a lot, depending on what series the medal was and its condition. The cheapest Lenin I can find is $2,000, and the cheapest Hero is $7,500.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Russia just halted exports of diesel and gasoline. Some people seem to think it's some geopolitical 4d chess move but I bet they just have issues supplying the stupid loving meatgrinder.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Russia just halted exports of diesel and gasoline. Some people seem to think it's some geopolitical 4d chess move but I bet they just have issues supplying the stupid loving meatgrinder.

4d chess move to destroy their economy overnight?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Willo567 posted:

So for re-taking Crimea, would Ukraine likely just try to isolate it as many predict, or would it require a ground offensive as well? Is the latter feasible given the size of Crimea?

This is a long way off if it even happens and that is still pretty slim. I wouldn't worry about it for now. Ukraine is still not the bookies favourite to win this yet. It's still Russia.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

love to play 4D chess by making economic moves I can't afford for a single day

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:ninja:

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

4d chess move to destroy their economy overnight?

MrQwerty posted:

love to play 4D chess by making economic moves I can't afford for a single day

Yeah that's why it makes more sense to me they are just unable to get fuel around and need to prioritize the military. Whenever someone needs something domestically the first thing they usually do is cut exports.

Money in billing is less important when you have 1000 antique tanks unable to move.

This is the only source I've seen and it's paywalled
https://www.ft.com/content/5f07bec3-c219-4223-a4ab-7597c1a87e26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Opec + have agreed to lower how much oil it produces a day and Russia is part of that. If they are having to consume exports rather than sell them then this is a massive own goal because they badly need that cash because the money russia makes from all exports is dog poo poo tier atm due to sanctions and distrust.

e see graph in millions on the y axis