Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Gameshark is the only thing that made most N64 games tolerable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I needed Gameshark to play VPW2, it didn't fit in a US console.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

disaster pastor posted:

I needed Gameshark to play VPW2, it didn't fit in a US console.

you could just knock a piece of plastic out of the cartridge

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

you could just knock a piece of plastic out of the cartridge

I didn't want to harm my expensive game :ohdear:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

lol okay fair. the store had already done it to my copy, but it wasn't that expensive. barely more than a domestic game iirc

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

probably because they knew it was no longer intact

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Majinfoose posted:

He's never done that before
chugs walking away from Witcher 3 like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwJp4kyQOYE&t=28s

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

X JAKK posted:

Gameshark is the only thing that made most N64 games tolerable

No way was I playing No Mercy without that device going in first. The bug wiping out save data nearly killed my interest in the game. I rented but never bought the other WWF games

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

explosivo posted:

Mr THECHUGS is playing the witcher 3 and it was incredibly wholesome seeing his reaction to the sex scene he initiated

CIRIIIIIIIIIII!

I'm right here Geralt, I'm very concerned.

I CANT SEE YOU CIIIIIIRRIIIIIII!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Does this mean Dandelion is mjf?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

https://www.patreon.com/AKI_ROMS

anyone try out this no mercy+ fan patch? Fixes a few things like no big show and adds the cut ring entrances among others.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Does it fix the save bug?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im almost positive the rom everyone uses is from the fixed cartrdges that thq offered. So no need!

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1704254082624442806?t=VKFRizrvMDiWf8RS_hgCPA&s=19

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Come on Tony, get the rights to the correct music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvONE5aG65Q

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I doubt they will have evil danhausen music in the game too

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The last of the planned DLC, think they're dropping this game like a sack of bricks after this makes it out?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah it’s never gonna get updated again but that’s ok, I’ll still buy the next one if they don’t change a drat thing about the wrestling and just add a bunch of Actual Game to use it in.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Didn't Max Castor say he and Bowens were scanned for the game?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

explosivo posted:

The last of the planned DLC, think they're dropping this game like a sack of bricks after this makes it out?

wouldn't surprise me given how godawful the devs are at communication of any kind. the discord for the game continuously has the devs parroting "we can't do or say anything without aewgames final say" plus they're also busy releasing the new Trine game.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

wouldn't surprise me given how godawful the devs are at communication of any kind. the discord for the game continuously has the devs parroting "we can't do or say anything without aewgames final say" plus they're also busy releasing the new Trine game.

Pretty sure Frozenbyte has nothing to do with Fight Forever.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

Writing my "The Acclaimed scanned for TRINE?" clickbait article as we speak.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Norse by Norse West, but it's The Acclaimed

E: and daddy rear end

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lmao at thinking there will be a next game with embracer group laying studios off left and right

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

lmao at thinking there will be a next game with embracer group laying studios off left and right
I think Embracer/THQ Nordic were only handling the publishing and marketing side. It wouldn’t be impossible for AEW/Yukes to find another partner to handle that. Whether they will, though…

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

E: wrong thread

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1704843644631482412

Guess it's not quite dead yet. It's all bugfixes though, no new features/content.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

blunt posted:

https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1704843644631482412

Guess it's not quite dead yet. It's all bugfixes though, no new features/content.

An all-time great patch note:

quote:

Fixed wrong arm animation when Paul Wight grapples Paul Wight.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah it’s never gonna get updated again but that’s ok, I’ll still buy the next one if they don’t change a drat thing about the wrestling and just add a bunch of Actual Game to use it in.

big same.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Danhausen has a special curse taunt in Fight Forever that can be used once per match that will drain your opponents momentum but there is a chance of it being no-sold or backfiring. This game gets so many little things right that it’s really frustrating that it missed so many big things.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wrestling Empire just added Steam Workshop support, hopefully this means that soon I won't have to manually patch the game files to use custom music, among other things!

link to the announcement

quote:

While we all wish it was easier to edit the assets in my new games, Steam Workshop is finally here to at least make it indirectly possible! You can now "subscribe" to a whole range of mods and have them automatically show up in your game by choosing the alternate "Play Modded" launch option:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1620340/workshop/

Not only is this easier for users, but it's also fairer for the developer if all of this happens within Steam - where paying customers have earnt the right to customize a game they supported to this point. Once you get comfortable with it, you may even find yourself uploading your own mods! Look out for a couple of new PDFs explaining each side of the process. If enough people support the content, it could become a mutually beneficial way of breathing new life into the game for years to come. May I take this opportunity to publicly thank IngoH for his tireless efforts in taking us this far.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Angry_Ed posted:

Wrestling Empire just added Steam Workshop support, hopefully this means that soon I won't have to manually patch the game files to use custom music, among other things!

link to the announcement

Super pumped about this. Been modding these games since '03 - founded the biggest site for mods, so i'm happy that someone finally cajolled mat into doing workshop. I spoke with him a few times and he was like ehhhhh, so bravo to the man who convinced him.

From what i've gathered, you have to fux with bepinex n poo poo, it's not like the old modding days of just switching files in your folders, but yeah...better than NO modding.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Danhausen has a special curse taunt in Fight Forever that can be used once per match that will drain your opponents momentum but there is a chance of it being no-sold or backfiring. This game gets so many little things right that it’s really frustrating that it missed so many big things.

I guess if nothing else it completely fulfilled the goal of "you wanted an old school N64 wrestling game but in 2023". If it was solely marketed as that, I don't think people would be so disappointed.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I think even fewer people would have played it had they leaned on that characterization. Retro gaming that doesn’t meaningfully iterate doesn’t sell well even when it nails the intended target. When NBA JAM came back it was very faithful to the classic gameplay and, like FF, it felt very thin even at a budget price point. Then it died quietly again. Most of the Kickstarter-era nostalgic facelifts just didn’t go anywhere. The most lasting success stories tended toward modernized takes on platformers and roguelikes.

Will we get the same regular investment (and the same marginal returns on that investment) in AEW gaming that WWE has managed to maintain? Idk. The fact is that independent developers of AA or AAA sports games (not to mention wrestling games a subset) are not thick on the ground. AEW gamers may be on the copium drip for years at this point.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPMgsbXd0Tw

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
still think some of you should sign up for this even if you dont post much in it or even represent this subforum. Cav is a champion and beating people up, but they deserve it because they're mean to him.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4036635

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
And I keep getting my rear end kicked

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm a champ too and tonight I killed an old man in a Hell in the Cell title defense.

RKO on the roof and he fell through. :rip:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So in Fight Forever, if I go through Road to the Elite a second time with my CAW can I increase their skills even more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

If I remember right I think it like resets your stats each playthrough and the only way to get more points is higher difficulty