Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Answers Me posted:

Is there anyone who could be released that would actually be good in AEW and/or New Japan? Anyone I’m familiar with is - I’d assume - too high up the card to be let go (though who knows)

That Cody Rhodes guy could have a solid run with a midcard belt in AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Tbf I’ve only been turned into wrestling since 2017 so that’s well past Ziggle’s heyday where he was well into his “IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME” phase

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

this is just cody being informed that the rock is main eventing mania over him

Hey wait a second...

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Johnny TV vs Mister Ziggles is coming soon to a rampage main event. The Jomosapiens have eaten your lunch and are going wild

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

A 0.4 on Friday on cable would be absolutely loving insanely great.

but worth 300 million dollars a year?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

If every push I got was immediately derailed I would have phoned in it too. Honestly Ziggler could go when he gave a poo poo

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Sheamus would probably get a per match deal like Sasha did with Stardom, but NJPW ticket sales in country took a hit after Covid

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

he couldn't ziggle his way out of this one

He ziggled when he should have zaggled

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Answers Me posted:

Is there anyone who could be released that would actually be good in AEW and/or New Japan? Anyone I’m familiar with is - I’d assume - too high up the card to be let go (though who knows)

We’re all hoping for Cody Rhodes, but I’d be cool with Akira Tozawa too. Maybe Drew McIntyre

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

A 0.4 on Friday on cable would be absolutely loving insanely great.

Zero chance it happens lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Because none of us watch this the Ali release turns out to be the most bizarre one as he's booked in a title match in the next ppv in four days. We'll, was booked.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Ziggler basically lasted the equivalent of Hulkamania-Attitude Era

And barely an interesting match or storyline to show for it lol

If he had debuted on Mania 1 and lasted the same 6570 days, he'd have been at the go home RAW for Mania X-Seven but not the show itself.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they told me dlete this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ringo Roadagain posted:

but worth 300 million dollars a year?

Given the state of cable and the state of USA without WWE content, probably?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Zero chance it happens lol

Yes.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Lid posted:

Because none of us watch this the Ali release turns out to be the most bizarre one as he's booked in a title match in the next ppv in four days. We'll, was booked.

lmao versus Dom of all people

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Honestly it would be very dumb to keep Smackdown on Fridays at all if it’s gonna be on USA

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/Amari_MillerWWE/status/1704889876754178244?t=CkUD1hCGn2VghiryD4R8kg&s=19

I don't know who this is

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Looks like Amari Miller, op.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Looks like Amari Miller, op.

Strong Ricky Starks vibes with this post lmao :golfclap:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Walk (To The Unemployment Line) With Elias

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

If he had debuted on Mania 1 and lasted the same 6570 days, he'd have been at the go home RAW for Mania X-Seven but not the show itself.

So basically take Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff from the gimmick battle royal and then work backwards to imagine what they would have been like during the attitude era and new generation. That’s wild.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

She was the person who said that Mercedes Monč wasn’t black op

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Lumbermouth posted:

She was the person who said that Mercedes Monè wasn’t black op

They did what

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It's the end of an era

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

My strongest memory of Zigglef was the elimination chamber where Mark henys door was opened by accident and the match got sent to a screeching halt leading yo all six men standing in a circle while Ziggler loudly started calling spots to try and get people to move
I was at this show and it was the funniest moment of the night.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
i don't wanna read, so Ziggler, Ali, Ezekiel's brother and a lady named Amari Miller were let go? anyone else of note? and did they get Jade?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

i don't wanna read, so Ziggler, Ali, Ezekiel's brother and a lady named Amari Miller were let go? anyone else of note? and did they get Jade?

Emma and Aliyah too and I don't know.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Boogz

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

MorningMoon posted:

Unconfirmed speculation is that Cora Jade is gone too but it might just be trolls

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If you believe whoever wrestle features is, heres todays list.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

top dolla should fight brodus. i mean whatevers his name. Is he retired? one more match

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Lid posted:

Unconfirmed speculation is that Cora Jade is gone too but it might just be trolls

The sign says No JADES. We're allowed one.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Cavauro posted:

top dolla should fight brodus. i mean whatevers his name. Is he retired? one more match

I think he retired to be a journalist or something.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Shelton Benjamin would be great anywhere. Ziggler will be fine and can easily be a top guy in like, Impact/NWA/GCW/etc. Idk if there's room in AEW for him.

Shelton's almost 50, dude strikes me as someone who should be a trainer/coach more than an in-ring guy, but while he's absolutely a great wrestler I dunno how much of that was from him running or designing matches and how much was him being a NCAA champ level real athlete.

Ziggler is 43, man that dude had his whole career there. He can probably take those lesser bookings if he really wants to but that's a bit late for a "prove that you could have been a top guy" run, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to pal around with his brother or Cardona and focus on comedy or improv with Scott Colton whatever his terrible side project was.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Ziggler was always way better than the WWE let him be, but that's also almost everyone in the WWE. Either way it's pretty awesome that we just had a bunch of stories about how morale is in the toilet and then they simultaneously announced a billion-dollar TV deal and began firing a bunch of people everyone on the roster loves.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Ziggler, Big E, and AJ Lee had that cool FF7 battle intro gif someone made.

If I can get a 2nd weird walking cream freak pro union Nemeth, I'd give it a chance.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cavauro posted:

The immobile object vs unnoticeable farce

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lucifunk posted:

Ziggler, Big E, and AJ Lee had that cool FF7 battle intro gif someone made.

They were such a great weirdo trio, they deserved a way longer run together

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The funniest thing for the Ziggler release is a whole generation saying THEY ARE RUINING MY CHILDHOOD and realising some of these people could've been 4 when they first saw him and are in their 20s now. Ziggler is their life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sigma posted:

Really excited for the first “I saw the post count go up 200 overnight and had to check what happened”

lol that's me. I saw 200 new posts and I was like either the stocks tanked again or a bunch of people were fired.