Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

It's Branson, isn't it?

e: Branson has a smaller one apparently

kuarduck fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

redshirt posted:

I'd say the chances are slim.
Chutkan might actually push up the trial date if Trump is demonstrably influencing the jury pool, which she's already indicated she would do. TBH, I'm not sure at this point what else Trump could do that wouldn't already solidify his impression among the potential jurors in DC, but I'm guessing we may find out.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

PhazonLink posted:

why do they hate her?

0th reasons that she's a woman, and not a R dont count.

she kept our mask mandate in place longer than most states

she's not a fan of what the TX oil and gas industry is trying to do as far as encroachment in NM

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kw0134 posted:

Chutkan might actually push up the trial date if Trump is demonstrably influencing the jury pool, which she's already indicated she would do. TBH, I'm not sure at this point what else Trump could do that wouldn't already solidify his impression among the potential jurors in DC, but I'm guessing we may find out.

That would be a good response to his behavior.

I don't think however they'd preemptively lock him up for threatening people even when ordered not to.

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

vaginite posted:

Lol if you look at the banner at the top they attached a condemnation of the New Mexico governor to their spending bill.

what a bunch of god damned freaks

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

kazil posted:

lol house republicans

LMAO

The one big advantage republicans used to have was that, when the vote came up, they all voted along party lines. Now with thinnest majority, they can't even do that anymore LMAO

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

HKR posted:

LMAO

The one big advantage republicans used to have was that, when the vote came up, they all voted along party lines. Now with thinnest majority, they can't even do that anymore LMAO
Nancy Pelosi managed it. Perhaps she could give Kevin some tips?

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I keep thinking about the plotline in game of thrones where Cersei gave the Sparrows some power because it served her means, then the Sparrows marched Cersei naked through the streets, and how closely it resembles this poo poo.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

PhazonLink posted:

why do they hate her?

suspended open and concealed carry in Santa Fe wasn't it?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I love that our privileged special boy doesn't want to eat his vegetables.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

why do they hate her?

She used her executive powers to ban concealed carry in Albuquerque because kids keep getting shot in road range incidents

e: and she's generally unpopular with chuds for COVID responses as mentioned, but the conceal/carry thing happened within the last few months

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

vaginite posted:

She used her executive powers to ban concealed carry in Albuquerque because kids keep getting shot in road range incidents

poo poo I forgot about that one because legit nobody who isn't a chud gives a gently caress about people not being able to walk around with guns in Albuquerque

doesn't even matter, our Dem mayor said he wasn't gonna enforce it in the first place

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran

kazil posted:

suspended open and concealed carry in Santa Fe wasn't it?

The state. With a health mandate.

We have had some absolutely lovely gun violence here in ABQ and she wants to stop it some how, but hosed all if that's going to do it with the chuds biting at everything all the time.

This felt like a response to the one at the Isotopes stadium (not that she hasn't commented on the others being stupid and tragic, but this one more so I guess), but she obviously wants to do something about it. But it's never going to happen, so she tried, and everyone will spend the rest of their lives throwing a fit about it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

tek79 posted:

I know this is complete bullshit but it's still funny that a conservative is upset about having to pony up a little extra in an airport because they know you're trapped there so they mark it up a bit. Wait until he gets a hospital bill for a life-saving procedure that he can't wiggle out of. Welcome to the FREE MARKET™ gently caress face!

He doesn't even have to pony up extra. He doesn't have to pony up anything. He just charges it to the company credit card as a per diem

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

kender posted:

We have had some absolutely lovely gun violence here in ABQ and she wants to stop it some how, but hosed all if that's going to do it with the chuds biting at everything all the time.

I live in the warzone, the mandate is going to do absolutely gently caress-all to curb anything in the first place. It was just a nice gesture that immediately got poo poo all over for politics points.
Dumb poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

vaginite posted:

I keep thinking about the plotline in game of thrones where Cersei gave the Sparrows some power because it served her means, then the Sparrows marched Cersei naked through the streets, and how closely it resembles this poo poo.

yeah, alot of this is the brain drain fully taking affect and seeing the slow cascading collapse that was started with nixon and the aftermath of watergate.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

kender posted:

This felt like a response to the one at the Isotopes stadium (not that she hasn't commented on the others being stupid and tragic, but this one more so I guess), but she obviously wants to do something about it. But it's never going to happen, so she tried, and everyone will spend the rest of their lives throwing a fit about it.

It was in direct response to the stadium one.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Twist: The restaurant actually did charge him $73 for a cheeseburger because they immediately recognized him as a stupid chud.

This is actually the reason chuds all over think everything is so expensive.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Jelly posted:

I love that our privileged special boy doesn't want to eat his vegetables.
lmao that everyone missed that this is an obvious joke. don't try to tell me he's a chud, he wrote an opinion for the NYT called The Case for Reparations

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, alot of this is the brain drain fully taking affect and seeing the slow cascading collapse that was started with nixon and the aftermath of watergate.

It turns our when you dumb down your base to hate anything "elite'" and new you don't appeal to them as Ivy League businessmen: they want to mainline loons now, because that's who they are too

The GOP has been taken over by the inmates

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He doesn't even have to pony up extra. He doesn't have to pony up anything. He just charges it to the company credit card as a per diem
this is the paper trail on his embezzlement scheme. "look at this!!," he tweets, "$75 dollars for a meal??? and they told me they charge through a brothel and the meal was called 'the handy'!!"

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1704831285171261712

Didn't we speculate this way back when. I swear we did.

lmao a million americans dead because the baby over here was too vain to wear a mask.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

butt dickus posted:

lmao that everyone missed that this is an obvious joke. don't try to tell me he's a chud, he wrote an opinion for the NYT called The Case for Reparations
I'm glad someone in this lols thread has the time to background check every tweet by every potential would-be chud.

Thanks for your service.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Strong Sauce posted:

lmao a million americans dead because the baby over here was too vain to wear a mask.
What are mere lives compared to the eternal glory of Tmurp?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Strong Sauce posted:

its crazy to me bc his bronzer application is so bad! he's got a loving circle face! why is a mask rubbing the edges his breaking point??? his perception of what looks good and doesn't is so loving warped

anyone who actually enjoys makeup gets incredibly upset at seeing trump. the assault on drag artists started in 2016, with his election.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*duke nukem voice*

american cultists of personality, north korean cultists of personality, what's the difference

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

butt dickus posted:

lmao at thinking DAVID BROOKS is not a CHUD.

edit: image way bigger than i thought. but also.. lmao

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Jelly posted:

I'm glad someone in this lols thread has the time to background check every tweet by every potential would-be chud.

Thanks for your service.
i saw the prominent whiskey glass and immediately realized he was making fun of conservatives who post poo poo like that. i then looked that up because i knew some humorless person would challenge me on it

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
trump's bronzer is the makeup version of a mancave

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

the darkest ages we live in

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Jelly posted:

Twist: The restaurant actually did charge him $73 for a cheeseburger because they immediately recognized him as a stupid chud.

This is actually the reason chuds all over think everything is so expensive.

it's because he spent 50 bux on liquor op, high end booze is absurdly expensive and about double the price at a restaurant

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
You want the truth?

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1704905912916316390

You can't, it's down.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

RIP Devin Nunes' career

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

wasn't this expected? there was some poo poo about ownership that was supposed to happen this week

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

butt dickus posted:

i saw the prominent whiskey glass and immediately realized he was making fun of conservatives who post poo poo like that. i then looked that up because i knew some humorless person would challenge me on it
Man, you're so on the ball and so much smarter than everyone else. Please don't look above the post I'm quoting to shatter this illusion.

Maybe thinking in terms of Occam's Razor isn't such a bad game plan.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

butt dickus posted:

Brooks is a chud, I've seen his political takes and op-eds for years, he's a right wing poo poo head, not a parody. His article about making a case for reparations was devil's advocate poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

StrangersInTheNight posted:

its crazy to me bc his bronzer application is so bad! he's got a loving circle face! why is a mask rubbing the edges his breaking point??? his perception of what looks good and doesn't is so loving warped

anyone who actually enjoys makeup gets incredibly upset at seeing trump. the assault on drag artists started in 2016, with his election.

i will have to take your word on it but i'm not denying it because of course trump would be bad at it. it's not like he trusts anyone else to do it and of course he looks at himself and goes, "wow you look great"