Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Alright fine, since everyone is getting close to actually voting for me its reveal time!

I am Ben Tennant, a Time Lord. I am execution proof and in the event that I do face execution, SOMETHING HAPPENS that has since been implied by Keats to be the same thing as if we do not vote by the deadline.

I have no idea what this something is and Keats won't give me a clear answer from my questions about what it does or if its good or bad for town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

JosefStalinator posted:

Alright fine, since everyone is getting close to actually voting for me its reveal time!

I am Ben Tennant, a Time Lord. I am execution proof and in the event that I do face execution, SOMETHING HAPPENS that has since been implied by Keats to be the same thing as if we do not vote by the deadline.

I have no idea what this something is and Keats won't give me a clear answer from my questions about what it does or if its good or bad for town

:munch:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Execution proof and a governor?

Hmmmm doubt face

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sounds a lot like caught scum trying to prevent their execution

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Josef what’s your curse break mechanic and gem colour?

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.

hambeet posted:

Hmmmm doubt face

My vote is already agreeing with your doubt face, but just for newbie's sake... What's a governor?

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

EGalz18 posted:

My vote is already agreeing with your doubt face, but just for newbie's sake... What's a governor?

it's what iggy claimed, able to move votes around or change who's being executed at time of lunch or something along those lines, apparently

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hambeet posted:

Hmmmm doubt face

The SA Mafia wiki says a governor stops executions - I am only execution proof, I can't stop executions

But funny you say that!

hambeet posted:

Josef what’s your curse break mechanic and gem colour?

I can ##destroy the master after 5 limbs are severed AND town does no-execute three times in a day

If you are deeply confused by this - how can we no exe three times in one day? Does that mean a no exe does the same thing as not voting by the deadline, despite Keats implying otherwise with that ominous post?

Johnny Keats posted:

I softly suggest that you can vote for No Execute.

Join the club! I'm genuinely confused by my role and Keats' and my magic dreams haven't done anything to help

My flavor says nothing about a gemstone btw

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Go ahead and vote for me if you doubt this, thinking its some scum panic move, but you can't say I didn't warn ya!

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

JosefStalinator posted:

If you are deeply confused by this - how can we no exe three times in one day?

if this is real, it can only mean hitting deadline without a lunch 3 times in a row (extending the deadline by 24 hours each time), sounds miserable

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zoya posted:

if this is real, it can only mean hitting deadline without a lunch 3 times in a row (extending the deadline by 24 hours each time), sounds miserable

I did try and test what exactly happens on Day 1, but not enough people wanted to give it a go

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.

Zoya posted:

it's what iggy claimed, able to move votes around or change who's being executed at time of lunch or something along those lines, apparently

Gotcha...adding to my mafia glossary
So, Ham, was that more of a spec related eyebrow quirk? Or doubt face about one of the claims in particular?

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

JosefStalinator posted:

I did try and test what exactly happens on Day 1, but not enough people wanted to give it a go

i mean, even if what happens is everybody is given a bouquet of flowers and a chocolate bar, it means artificially dragging an entire game day out for an extra 72 hours

sounds miserable lol

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zoya posted:

i mean, even if what happens is everybody is given a bouquet of flowers and a chocolate bar, it means artificially dragging an entire game day out for an extra 72 hours

sounds miserable lol

We don't actually know what voting no exe does!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##vote stalin

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

The SA Mafia wiki says a governor stops executions - I am only execution proof, I can't stop executions

But funny you say that!

I can ##destroy the master after 5 limbs are severed AND town does no-execute three times in a day

If you are deeply confused by this - how can we no exe three times in one day? Does that mean a no exe does the same thing as not voting by the deadline, despite Keats implying otherwise with that ominous post?

Join the club! I'm genuinely confused by my role and Keats' and my magic dreams haven't done anything to help

PMuzz also claimed a curse break involving no lunching three times in one day

##vote stallin for timenator

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Zoya posted:

sounds miserable lol

You can just have people vote no execute repeatedly over the course of like 24 hours

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also I put him at -1

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PhantomMuzzles posted:

I have no way to prove to you that I'm town, but it seems pretty apparent that there's been misinformation and other redirecty shenanigans.

As far as full claiming, unfortunately I don't have any big exciting revelations.

My name is Steven.

I have a pink gemstone.

I don't have any night or day actions. I assumed this was because when I signed up, Keats told me he may or may not give me a simple role because I'm a baby

My cursebreakyness is that we need to hit a no execute three times in a single game day (after five limbs have been severed). I didn't understand that last bit because the way it was phrased in my pm confused me, so that's why I didn't want to vote for people Day 1 because I thought it meant that we had to have done it before the five were severed, not after

Mr. Humalong posted:

PMuzz also claimed a curse break involving no lunching three times in one day

##vote stallin for timenator

How did I miss this - does this imply scum knows our curse breaks somehow? Why would they use them as fake claims when they're so easily refuted?

When you guys see my non-exe go off, this might be a useful thing to explore!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also I put him at -1

Resisting the temptation to self hammer so much

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

EGalz18 posted:

Gotcha...adding to my mafia glossary
So, Ham, was that more of a spec related eyebrow quirk? Or doubt face about one of the claims in particular?

Ya just setup spec

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JosefStalinator posted:

How did I miss this - does this imply scum knows our curse breaks somehow? Why would they use them as fake claims when they're so easily refuted?

When you guys see my non-exe go off, this might be a useful thing to explore!

Resisting the temptation to self hammer so much

If you can’t be eliminated by it just do it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I can hammer if no one has anything interesting to say

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

took a break to clear my head

JosefStalinator posted:

But funny you say that!

:lol:

##vote Josef

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

I can hammer if no one has anything interesting to say

Everything i say is interesting so don’t get snippy with me young man.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

don't anyone tell keats, he'll notice in a day or two.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

The mod woke up.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Um, what was this flavor supposed to be...? Oh yeah. You all discovered an anomaly similar to Gretchen. It was Farmer Ben on the other side of the pond. He was another phantom manifestation shucked off by the Stalker as a byproduct of his activities. Anyway, the image wasn't moving anymore when you discovered him. He was just standing there. That's how you noticed in the first place.

Josef was scum aligned and a limb of the stalker. Slice. And he's Dead now. He becomes Severed if he isn't already.

It is now Night 4.

3/5 limbs Severed

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

JosefStalinator (11): shwinnebego, Illusionis, EGalz18, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, Zoya, hambeet, Punkreas, saladscooper, Hal Insandenza, Snooze Cruise, Mr. Humalong, Ignatius M. Meen
Ignatius M. Meen (1): Tired Moritz, Zoya, EGalz18, Illusionis, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Illusionis, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, MockingQuantum, Zoya, Tired Moritz, Zoya, MockingQuantum, Zoya, Zoya, MockingQuantum, EGalz18, Zoya
hambeet (1): Zoya, Illusionis, Zoya, Illusionis, Ignatius M. Meen, Zoya, Punkreas, mycelia, Zoya, Zoya, Zoya, Punkreas, Ignatius M. Meen
MockingQuantum (0): hambeet, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, hambeet

Not Voting (7): AnonymousNarcotics, CubicalSucrose, JosefStalinator, Pinterest Mom, t a s t e, Tired Moritz, Toalpaz

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 22nd, 2023 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Final count for day 3

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Okay pretend I put flavor here. TM died in the night.

quote:

You are town aligned. Your name is Shadow. You lost your wife last year but you’re really good at coin tricks. Once per night, you can choose one of the following coins [mechanically d2s] to flip. [Heads is 2, Tails is 1]

Steel coin
Heads: Target player gains the ability to kill another player with a public day action
Tails: Target player dies

Moon coin
Heads: Learn target player’s alignment.
Tails: Learn your own alignment.

Gold coin
Heads: Target loses 2 Stress counters, then loses 2 Stress counters
Tails: Target gains 2 Stress counters. [Stress counters are added one at a time]

Once per day, flip all 3 of your coins as a public day action. [Their abilities don’t happen] If they all land heads-up, and 5 or more of the Stalker’s limbs are severed, you break the curse. You may save Heads coins and try again on a future day by flipping your remaining coins. The saved coins cannot be used for night actions.

Day 4 now and to the best of my knowledge there should be 3 limbs Severed out of 5 required.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
well well well well well well well well well

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

:tutbutt:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hmm... we seem close to winning!!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

weren't we 3/5 at start of yesterday before we turfed josef?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hambeet posted:

weren't we 3/5 at start of yesterday before we turfed josef?

I have my suspicions about this, but yes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

it's been like 4 days since I last posted in this game and I've forgotten most of what happened

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

I have my suspicions about this, but yes.

:frogon:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

it's been like 4 days since I last posted in this game and I've forgotten most of what happened

yeah lol. need a 'previously on The Stalker's Curse'

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Banana phone 🤳

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

hambeet posted:

yeah lol. need a 'previously on The Stalker's Curse'

moritz and zoya are standing on the roof of a building. zoya yells at moritz "don't talk about my father like that!" and storms off. moritz sulks, then a hooded figure comes and pushes him off the building.

up next on the cw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i believe i wanted to ##vote hambeet