Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Video of the bear being captured at MK: https://www.wesh.com/article/magic-kingdom-bear/45192316

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The bear has been bagged and will be taken to Expedition Everest and have its feet nailed to the floor.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

quote:

Chopper 2 was overhead as experts from Fish and Wildlife searched for the bear.

:catstare:

He's as good as dead.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Fire alarms went off at smugglers run. They evacuated the building and cleared out the courtyard.

It's a huge mess

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Doji Sekushi posted:

Fire alarms went off at smugglers run. They evacuated the building and cleared out the courtyard.

It's a huge mess

False alarm? Real fire? Did someone break the glass and pull an alarm?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Someone let their 3 year old pilot and they were really that bad

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Jose Oquendo posted:

Didn't get full details but the CM at guest services suspected that someone was vaping and set off the alarm.

E: holy poo poo

The CM at Hollywood was nice enough to give us a lightning lane credit to Frozen over at Epcot since we were headed there anyway. We're in line and they kick us out again for unknown reasons. Maybe it's me.

Doji Sekushi fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 19, 2023

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Doji Sekushi posted:

Didn't get full details but the CM at guest services suspected that someone was vaping and set off the alarm.
Boebert :argh:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You don't want to know what she was doing with Hondo.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Stupid GDPR won't let me see it :(

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I was able to get three rides in on Radiator Springs thanks to single rider so that ruled. Excited to do some of those outdoor rides at night tomorrow. Didn't get Monsters after dark today but that's for tomorrow.

Heading back in after a few drinks at the Enchanted Tiki Bar. I got the same stool at the bar two nights in a row so that feels kinda ominous.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Ah yeah, that's the cursed stool. Sorry, you live there now.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
That wouldn't be a terrible curse

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
It may not have been the exact same stool, they could have been moved around overnight

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Either way that place rules. Drinks are absolutely resort price but at least the strength matches the price.

Disneyland was a mess this morning. Rise didn't open until about 930-945 and every other big wait ride just kept going down over and over. Ended up leaving after 11 or so and heading back to the hotel for a few hours.

I did get a fast pass for a radiator springs shut down though so that's nice. We got to 5he seatbelt check station when the ride shut itself down. I'll use it for after it gets dark since it seems fun to ride at night.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I feel ya. When I went to DLR last fall, I picked the one week it decided to rain every day. A lot of the rides at DLR can't operate if it rains

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

I feel ya. When I went to DLR last fall, I picked the one week it decided to rain every day. A lot of the rides at DLR can't operate if it rains

It's just been a super weird two days but it hasn't impacted me too much. Radiator Springs went down like 5 times for the same reason (ride powering itself down) so I'd be shocked if it reopens before park close. Rest of it was normal stuff like Indy going down nonstop.

Orty
May 14, 2007

Currently staying at Polynesian DVC side on rented points till the 25th. Rooms must see a lot of use because ours is in some rough shape. Especially the showers since one of ours is missing a bottom seal, along with having a constant drip, and has damage (hopefully not mold) on the wall from constantly being soaked.

Polynesian itself has been great and monorail access is hard to beat.

We've been here since the 16th and only done 2 park days (Epcot and Magic Kingdom) along with Mickey's Not So Scary. Hit up Disney Springs last night and got absolutely drenched from the storm that came through, Homecomin was worth it.

Kind of curious about some opinions of our current situation. My wife's feet are pretty badly blistered and in general it's been hard for her to walk around much at all. Even getting to the lobby is an adventure. She's being a bit stubborn and wants to continue with the 3 other park days we have planned, without trying to rent an ECV as well.

The remaining 3 days on our 5 day ticket should be able to be applied towards a future ticket right? I'm kind of leaning on us dropping the rest of the park days, maybe doing one after some days of rest. Just relax around the resort and other monorail resorts with minimal walking needed.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Talk to guest relations or call right now. Your tickets might have a certain date range and you'll need to see what your options are.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
You can add days to a ticket but it’s still going to expire within two weeks. You might be able to apply the balance towards an AP. A straight up refund of the rest of the days is.. an uphill battle, but the most important thing is: you need to have that conversation now, while the tickets are active, and preferably in person. Once the tickets are expired, things get a whole lot harder.

You get the right GR person, they might be able to come up with a creative solution but I wouldn’t bank on it. But it’s worth a shot - be pleasant, be nice, be understanding and you might just pull it off.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Also definitely talk to the hotel about the condition of the room, we were in a poly DVC room a few months ago and our room was immaculate so what you're seeing is not the norm.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Oh yeah that reminds me. Does housekeeping not accept tips? I put out 10 bucks on the table and it was still there later that day. I know they came by because the bed was made and towels replaced.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I think sometimes it has to be clear that it is a tip for them. We usually put it with a note or in an envelope

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
If you’re leaving daily housekeeping tips - leave a note that it’s specifically for them, or they probably won’t touch it due to concerns of theft accusation.

And check with guest relations asap. Or check into a ECV delivery asap. The parks ones must stay in the parks but Buena Vista or Scooterbug etc might be able to do a stat delivery if it’s a three day rental.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

alg posted:

I think sometimes it has to be clear that it is a tip for them. We usually put it with a note or in an envelope

drat. I didn't even think of that. In the past, at any hotel I've been at, leaving a few bills out in plain sight does the trick.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

drat. I didn't even think of that. In the past, at any hotel I've been at, leaving a few bills out in plain sight does the trick.
Yeah, that's... not good, though. Housekeeping should not be pocketing any random money they can see.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

my wife has ordered in the past some kind of little cards that are disney themed that say "for mousekeeping" on them or something off etsy

Orty
May 14, 2007

The adventure at Disney Springs getting absolutely soaked has apparently given me a full blown cold. So I'll be sure to stop by Guest Relations tomorrow to see what they can do. For now rest and hoping the shop has some good cold medicine.

I let them know about the shower day one, and checked up on it a few days later. They gave me a lecture on the Occupied sign even after I mentioned we had it off for hours at a time those days. I did manage to get them to look up the work order and it hasn't even been executed yet so meh.

But yeah other than the constant dripping and hard to turn off shower, this is what the entrance corner looks like from it and the lack of a seal.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Wife told me there's some kind of passholder-only warehouse sale at Wide World of Sports where there's just a stadium full boxes of poorly selling poo poo that Disney is unloading for pennies.

She left on Sunday :negative: but for 45 bucks I would have had her pick up a Cal Kestis lightsaber hilt even though it's huge and ugly.

Apparently the other two hilts they're selling are Plo Koon (which I'm assuming wasn't selling well because it's generic and boring and never really seen onscreen) and Leia (poorly made and falls apart).

edit: found a link with photos https://wdwnt.com/2023/09/annual-pa...orld-of-sports/

Hazo fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 21, 2023

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Cal’s lightsaber owns :colbert:

It’s sorta funny that they’re apparently selling Cal’s lightsaber without the broken end, though. It’s what makes it interesting!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a good saber, it's just been straight up replaced with the color changing model.

Boxman posted:

Cal’s lightsaber owns :colbert:

It’s sorta funny that they’re apparently selling Cal’s lightsaber without the broken end, though. It’s what makes it interesting!

The broken end is in the box, along with a piece to connect two together. They're just underneath the tray the saber is in.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I wouldn't mind a Cal saber if anyone's going.

Right now I only have one lightsaber, my personal one from Savi's.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Oh I think it's a neat saber, it's just that the Galaxy's Edge version is so goddamn huge I decided I never wanted it, at least for full price. I'm still on the fence but if anyone nearby wants to do the needful feel free to hit me up on PM. I've gotten AP park stuff for goons before so I'm ready to cash in on some karma.

Really in the game it looked so skinny and that was part of the appeal to me. In fact I don't know why so many of the Disney sabers are so chunky. For the Savi's models, sure I get it because it has to hold the chassis and other internal components (and I've dropped mine many times in the last four years and it's held up). But for the legacy sabers it just seems unnecessary, and I've seen a lot of unofficial replicas and Hasbro hilts that are easier to hold so I don't know why Disney keeps making gigantic ones.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's supposed to be huge, it was made for a 10 foot tall guy.

The Disney sabers are huge because except for a handful of them, they use the same chassis as Savi's so it has to fit in there.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Aphrodite posted:

It's supposed to be huge, it was made for a 10 foot tall guy.

Oh sure I get that, but in the game it doesn't look nearly as goofy.

Probably something about the proportions are off, I dunno.

Aphrodite posted:

The Disney sabers are huge because except for a handful of them, they use the same chassis as Savi's so it has to fit in there.

Seriously? That just seems like unnecessary wasted space when there's no need to open them up and fiddle around like you do with the Savi's hilts.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
There's a huge fan market in adapters and mod kits that either let you use Savi's bits with them or let you put those bits on Savi's hilts or just generally gently caress around with them in any way you can imagine. First thing to hit for the Cal Kestis saber was an adapter to let you stick two of them together.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Arquinsiel posted:

There's a huge fan market in adapters and mod kits that either let you use Savi's bits with them or let you put those bits on Savi's hilts or just generally gently caress around with them in any way you can imagine. First thing to hit for the Cal Kestis saber was an adapter to let you stick two of them together.

That sounds cool. I was looking for some of the new parts they've added as "scrap metal," but apparently the parks don't sell them separately any more.

Do you know of any reputable places to buy pieces like that? I wouldn't mind updating my personal saber a bit.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

What timing. UPS just dropped off my Cal Kestis lightsaber. I had the gift shop mail it to me because I didn’t want to lug it around all day and at the airport.

I picked up a few others while I was there because the discount was too good to pass up.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Nanigans posted:

That sounds cool. I was looking for some of the new parts they've added as "scrap metal," but apparently the parks don't sell them separately any more.

Do you know of any reputable places to buy pieces like that? I wouldn't mind updating my personal saber a bit.
There's a Galaxy's Edge Discord where you can ask trade with people for official bits, and "smugglers" will head to the parks and get multiple sabers to part out for people. There are also sections for people to advertise their etsy stores with custom bits etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
The churrasco taco at flavors of fire at Epcot is a war crime.