Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

MrMidnight posted:

Or the Astros...or maybe even the Rangers! It's a mystery

It's not a mystery though, it's the goms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Out of NOWHERE, I'm suddenly going to be going to the Twins game on Friday! First game of the set with the Angels, the weather should be GORGEOUS.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Marlins are so loving inconsistent

Took 2 of 3 from the Phillies, lost 3 of 4 to the Brewers, swept the Braves, then lost 2 of 3 to the Mets, who have nothing to play for.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

can someone tell me what the origin of "GOMS" is?

been trying to contextually figure it out but im just lost
help me goons for i am dumb

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
It is quite literally "Go M's" as in the Mariners.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Because of last night, the Cubs are now 39-1 when they score at least 7 runs. :negative:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Because of last night, the Cubs are now 39-1 when they score at least 7 runs. :negative:

Nooooooo.

Anyway, taking my 4 year old to the game tomorrow. School is off and tickets are actually pretty reasonable. $30 to sit in the 200s between home and third.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Walked posted:

can someone tell me what the origin of "GOMS" is?

been trying to contextually figure it out but im just lost
help me goons for i am dumb

"Go the Mariners" > "GOMS"

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

Nooooooo.

Anyway, taking my 4 year old to the game tomorrow. School is off and tickets are actually pretty reasonable. $30 to sit in the 200s between home and third.

Have you taken them before? I took my 6-year old and probably spent a total of 20-30 minutes watching the game, and the rest of the time was spent on snacks/playground/shops/etc.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's latin for "They who are the Mariners go to their stadums"

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
it's shorthand for "I have horrible judgement and want bad things to befall the world"

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

maffew buildings posted:

it's shorthand for "I have horrible judgement and want bad things to befall the world"

It's not like they WANT bad things to befall the world. Rooting for the Mariners just usually ends up that way.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Mariners are going to win the division

the last 25 years of Mariners baseball dictates that either you tie the MLB record for wins and then and only then are you allowed to win the division

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Genie: Okay, what do you want for your third wish?
Mariners Fan: Well, first was immeasurable wealth and second was a hot wife. How about making sure the Mariners consistently field once-in-a-generation talents?
Genie: Instead of just wishing for them to win the World Series?
Mariners Fan: If they have great players, they'll win tons of rings anyway.
Genie: If you say so.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

why does this genie have monkey's paws for hands?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
What part of “I never want to see Miles Mastrobuoni ever again” do these fuckers not understand?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

DeepDickPizza posted:

What part of “I never want to see Miles Mastrobuoni ever again” do these fuckers not understand?

Today I’m going to wait until 4pm and then take a gigantic sip from my “Ross will never start Madrigal and Mastrobuoni in the same lineup” coffee mug

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Red posted:

Have you taken them before? I took my 6-year old and probably spent a total of 20-30 minutes watching the game, and the rest of the time was spent on snacks/playground/shops/etc.

We went last year. Neighbor had tickets so the two of us took our kids. Best seats I've ever had, and we made it to the 3rd inning. Hoping since the game moves a little quicker we can make it to the 4th or so, and then we'll probably head out to Gallagher Way for another inning. Plan is to keep him going with snacks as often as I can. Only real problem with Wrigley is they don't have much in the way for kids except for Gallagher Way.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
GOMS is northwest lingo for "I was born a snake handler and I'll die a snake handler."

Edit - if you're old enough like me, it's more "Someone handed me a snake when I was five and it keeps OWWWW biting me but I mean poo poo, why would I drop the snake now? Sometimes it does really cool OWWW things and maybe someday it will be cool like OWWWWW a golden retriever."

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
It stands for Get Out Molly Shannon, who predicted the mariners wouldn’t win the world series in 2001 despite their regular season record.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

We went last year. Neighbor had tickets so the two of us took our kids. Best seats I've ever had, and we made it to the 3rd inning. Hoping since the game moves a little quicker we can make it to the 4th or so, and then we'll probably head out to Gallagher Way for another inning. Plan is to keep him going with snacks as often as I can. Only real problem with Wrigley is they don't have much in the way for kids except for Gallagher Way.

1. Get the ice cream helmet and tell them not to fill up the helmet past the 'brim'.
2. Get them kiddie-size binoculars. Print out a page with each Cubs' player jersey number, and ask them to cross out each one they see through their binoculars.
3. Do the passport stamp book
4. Take lots of pictures and have them pose next to statues/things, print a picture for the book in #3
5. gently caress it, let them sit in their seat with a giant tub of cotton candy or popcorn or whatever so you can enjoy the game
6. Keep numbered stickers in your pocket and put a new sticker along the top of the page in #2 for each inning that's ended

(I made it from about half an hour pre game to the 8th with my 6-year old, but granted Nats park had a playground, so)

Red fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 21, 2023

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/tigers/status/1704876967860842715

Hell yeah Greenie get it

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

seems like a good hire

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Red posted:

"Go the Mariners" > "GOMS"

GOTEMS

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I say GOTH MS

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Cards did emo night or whatever, Goth night would be amazing.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Red posted:

1. Get the ice cream helmet and tell them not to fill up the helmet past the 'brim'.
2. Get them kiddie-size binoculars. Print out a page with each Cubs' player jersey number, and ask them to cross out each one they see through their binoculars.
3. Do the passport stamp book
4. Take lots of pictures and have them pose next to statues/things, print a picture for the book in #3
5. gently caress it, let them sit in their seat with a giant tub of cotton candy or popcorn or whatever so you can enjoy the game
6. Keep numbered stickers in your pocket and put a new sticker along the top of the page in #2 for each inning that's ended

(I made it from about half an hour pre game to the 8th with my 6-year old, but granted Nats park had a playground, so)

Good ideas. Ice cream is definitely a priority.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/trashpandas/status/1704572543821103298?t=qLRnirnUSXfpQIgbUjB5tg&s=19

Hell yeah. It's quoting the original meme video and that also owns.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is there not a single woman in all of russia that can pronounce Bentley

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

N: A SEA sweep over HOU is looking like a requirement to winning the division. I’m guessing they’d have to take at least six+ from TEX. HOU plays KC and ARZ, TEX get a series against LAA.

V: GOMS Unhinged

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
What exactly does a GM who's not the POBO do?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

zoux posted:

Is there not a single woman in all of russia that can pronounce Bentley

No, there are 6 of them but they're all married

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Eric the Mauve posted:

No, there are 6 of them but they're all married

lol :dadjoke:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Doctor Skeleton posted:

N: A SEA sweep over HOU is looking like a requirement to winning the division. I’m guessing they’d have to take at least six+ from TEX. HOU plays KC and ARZ, TEX get a series against LAA.

V: GOMS Unhinged

Uhhh a sweep over Houston and winning 6 against the Rangers would get the division pretty handily, I don't see how that's a minimum requirement

M's are tied with the Astros in the loss column and hold the tiebreaker, a sweep gives them effectively a four game lead

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Friends don't let friends go full GOMS. Please look for the warning signs, and don't be afraid to intervene. You may be saving a life by doing so.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Hopefully the Ms start playing like the As or the Royals when it's time to go up against houston

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Unless I'm messing things up....

The AL Tie Brekers are all settled more or less. Texas currently has a big head to head lead on Seattle that the M's could reverse but doing so would remove any chance of a tie at the end of 162 games.

M's > Astros
M's > Blue Jays
Rangers > M's
Rangers > Blue Jays
Blue Jays > Astros
Astros > Rangers

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tony Phillips posted:

M's > Astros

GOMS

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Wayne Knight posted:

Hopefully the Ms start playing like the As or the Royals when it's time to go up against houston

Astros have set the rotation to have JV and Framber pitch games in Seattle. Should be good!

I hope Dbacks secure a playoff spot so they play their scrubs in that last series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The disease is spreading