Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

goddammit if disclosure comes from the loving border patrol

they're very concerned about aliens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Fenarisk posted:

Number 9 is wild as hell :pwn:

its just a balloon bro

its just a chinese lantern bro

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Border Patrol gonna make me get up and go to the computer, rude

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

number 8, just floating along close to the ground. weird.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Is this the good Greenewald or the bad Greenewald?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

helta posted:

number 8, just floating along close to the ground. weird.

the glitch out at about a minute is real weird

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is this the good Greenewald or the bad Greenewald?

They're separate people?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

my bony fealty posted:

the glitch out at about a minute is real weird

That's "La Bruja", I posted about that one earlier. A lot of these look like the same videos that The Debrief released earlier.

Very interesting to see that it got officially released now instead of leaked.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

They're separate people?

I thought there was another Greenewald who was an intense skeptic or something like that.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This is the FOIA Greenwald who loves to argue with randos

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbx8qRg6tPE

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

man it's frustrating that border patrol has more evidence than AARO

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

?? Border patrol exists to track aliens, makes sense to me

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Why is "hang glider drops a package of illicit drugs/guns in the desert" part of this package?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Slavvy posted:

?? Border patrol exists to track aliens, makes sense to me

Nominative Determinism. Maybe if someone named their child Disclosure Doer, we could get somewhere.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Why is "hang glider drops a package of illicit drugs/guns in the desert" part of this package?

Possibly to demonstrate the difference between the UFOs and mundane airborne craft.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

my bony fealty posted:

goddammit if disclosure comes from the loving border patrol

Space is technically a border

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

our astral border

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Michael R Fletcher does Malazan better than Malazan in his series "Manifest Delusions", the first book is called "Beyond Redemption". It is also kinda about a "convergence" of extremely powerful beings, but it sets it all up way better and in like 10% of the pagetime.

It is set in a world where belief defines reality, which is how magic is explained in a lot of fantasy books in a single throwaway sentence where the implications are never explored.

In this series, he takes that to its logical conclusion, and the most powerful people are the delusional and insane, they don't necessarily need the belief of others like in Malazan, their own beliefs about themselves can be enough. Narcissism, Kleptomania, Pyromania, Multiple Personality Disorder etc, they warp reality around the inflicted. When other people also start believing in them, and adding to the consensus reality, things can get really out of control.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

dhs did try to murder me that one time but if they do a disclosure ill call it even im not an unreasonable man

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mediaphage posted:

the threads are merging

(R. P'Nutti, personal communication, September 2023)

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
p'nutti, E.T. al.

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2023-Aug/Records%20pertaining%20to%20Unidentified%20Aerial%20Phenomenon.pdf

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

our astral border

our astral boarder is the literal translation of the german title for popular television program alf

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

inchworm posted:

p'nutti, E.T. al.

Incredible

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Nominative Determinism. Maybe if someone named their child Disclosure Doer, we could get somewhere.

yes we would get the most popular and beloved stripper of all time

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

inchworm posted:

p'nutti, E.T. al.

lmao

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

SniperWoreConverse posted:

yes we would get the most popular and beloved stripper of all time

Disclosure is the act of making secret information known, everyone knows a stripper has tits/balls

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The sky is a kind of border ergo

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I’ve been slowly watching through these at work today and the end to number 5 is very cool. I think it was vid 2 and 3? that tbh could have just been like a party balloon sailing in the wind as far as I could tell.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/WatcherGuru/status/1704562920057668010

hey 2027 crew, start brainstorming a gang-tag now i guess

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

another dumb 2027 thing is the whole john ramirez thing. i say dumb because he's one of those "ex-cia agents" who is on a different level of wild & crazy ufo pronouncements, like jim semivan. anyway he said that there's something that's going to happen in 2027 (official contact? invasion? catastrophe?) that is forcing the government's hand in doing disclosure now. but he's one of the figureheads in this business that i can't bring myself to listen to- too dumb & goddamn crazy

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Yall leave me the gently caress alone if i end uo right about all that

Best advice is take care of you and yours and dont live your life as if whatever life is right now is how its gonna be. Instead assume it will just get worse and take steps to be ready for new (for americans) plateaus of lovely living.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

inchworm posted:

p'nutti, E.T. al.

:perfect:

Also, consciousness researchers in NDT land are fighting amongst themselves:
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-02971-1

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Are you telling me the thing I'm using to argue with you is actually real? Preposterous!

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

Riot Bimbo posted:

The sky is a kind of border ergo

this whole planet is the south??

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Rickshaw posted:

another dumb 2027 thing is the whole john ramirez thing. i say dumb because he's one of those "ex-cia agents" who is on a different level of wild & crazy ufo pronouncements, like jim semivan. anyway he said that there's something that's going to happen in 2027 (official contact? invasion? catastrophe?) that is forcing the government's hand in doing disclosure now. but he's one of the figureheads in this business that i can't bring myself to listen to- too dumb & goddamn crazy

Larper said the agreement that the US government signed with the whoevers for a truce is up in 2027. Neither side wants to sign another truce because the earth can only handle one of the species. So war it is mofos.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Squizzle posted:

https://twitter.com/WatcherGuru/status/1704562920057668010

hey 2027 crew, start brainstorming a gang-tag now i guess

they should get their eyes checked teehee

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

they should get their eyes checked teehee

What even is a recession? Just close your eyes, turn off your monitor, if everyone agrees that there is no recession then nothing will change

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

:perfect:

Also, consciousness researchers in NDT land are fighting amongst themselves:
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-02971-1

eh, this isnt really about the content of any theory. its an argument that popular science is a hindrance to well done science.

there is a sociological implication i guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

after string theory people are rightfully nervous about "superstar" scientists hijacking the public view of a field by being the most visible communicators.

IIT is a little bit string-y in that it's very high concept while also not making very many empirically testable predictions. more useful as a way to think about consciousness than as a way to prove anything about it. but empirically testable hypotheses have been made on the basis of IIT and some of them have survived, even, so i would not call it wholly divorced from empirical science like string theory is. give it another 20 years and if they're still waffling without a lot of testable predictions we can call it non-science (i think pseudoscience isn't a correct label for something that would become, if it wasn't science, metaphysics or philosophy or something, instead. pseudoscience is for things that are Wrong)