Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Pretty much, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Alan Williams killed people

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

I'm not sure what you can say other than "boy the Bears are hosed," but boy the Bears are hosed.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
last frame should have been 'Bears re-sign Nathan Peterman'

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mirotic posted:

At this point it is either the world's biggest nothingburger and the Bears are loving incompetent or it is somehow worse or more extensive than anything that has been rumored (and the Bears are loving incompetent).

This is going to be taught in comms school lol

Edit: not just Wiederer characterizing it this way, btw:

https://twitter.com/Schrock_And_Awe/status/1704976749501575525?t=M8tMUqEwYaExXheHUkNrfw&s=19

Stopping the run: The key to beating the Kansas City offense

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Non zero chance this is true

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair stopping the run is easy and they need a win man

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair stopping the run is easy and they need a win man

The Bears Way of stopping the run is allowing every pass to be easily completed so the opponents never even think about trying to establish the run.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

The Bears Way of stopping the run is allowing every pass to be easily completed so the opponents never even think about trying to establish the run.

Sounds like they could use a change at DC

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Never had a DC don’t know what your talking about

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1704984095858499858

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1704984095858499858

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
The Chicago Aristrocrats!

although Arlington Aristocrats has better alliteration.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Drunk Nerds posted:

The old DC doing the "Bend don't break" defense so he was fine with anything 15 or less.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Shouldn't they promote a new defensive coordinator?

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Too busy focusing on the Chiefs

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

doctorthefonz posted:

Too busy focusing on the Chiefs

Apparently they run the ball or something . Idk we are looking into it

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

MacheteZombie posted:

Who killed Justin's career?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Drunk Nerds posted:

Stopping the run: The key to beating the Kansas City offense

Nagy has a plan for the pass

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

Shouldn't they promote a new defensive coordinator?

Poles said earlier today they will figure out titles for everyone next week. It sounds like they are just gonna promote probably Hoke or someone.

The specific titles matter so little for OC and DC when your head coach is someone who historically has coached one of those sides.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Oh hey thread is me, I'm the new DC. I'm going to put 8 in the box every play because I swore we'd stop the run

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Each position room? Wouldn't it be faster to address the whole team at once? That makes it sound like he expected to field a bunch of questions and wanted to keep it low key, vs having to answer the questions in front of a larger audience.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I just want to know how an NFL DC got his hands on yellow cake uranium

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Each position room? Wouldn't it be faster to address the whole team at once? That makes it sound like he expected to field a bunch of questions and wanted to keep it low key, vs having to answer the questions in front of a larger audience.

He probably just didn't want to change the schedule, but addressed the Defense as a whole for obvious reasons.

But yeah he probably just quickly popped into the various offensive group meetings and said what the talking points was, and then brought together the defense as that's the side it affects more than most, as they probably have to split up and delegate preparations more.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol even the fan blogs are being stone-faced about this and reporting strictly the confirmed facts and nothing else: https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2023/9/20/23882957/chicago-bears-alan-williams-submits-resignation-defensive-coordinator-breaking-news

Contrary to the last sentence there, they haven't provided any new updates, nor coverage of the McAfee confirmation of the FBI raid. Kinda feels like they decided to just wait for anything official to come out before discussing it further.

Gotta feel there's gonna be a bunch of rumors leaking out this weekend in Chicago as people go out drinking and get pressed by others for details.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I'm assuming that it is murder, treason and jaywalking all at once until we get more information.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Maybe he said he didn't care for that Mr. Rogers fellow.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

He put pineapple in a Chicago style pizza.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Parallelwoody posted:

:nms: that poo poo good lord that sounds awful with the extra tomato sauce

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Parallelwoody posted:

Whoa there buddy let's not jump to anything drastic

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Parallelwoody posted:

will these irresponsible and frankly disgusting internet rumors ever cease, the man has a family

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

at this point it would be extremely funny if williams was dealing with an entirely normal and understandable issue and it blew up into an enormous scandal because the bears are completely incompetent at everything they do.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

he was caught taking the green relish off a hot dog and replacing it with ketchup

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Look my dad doesn't have long.
Should we tell anyone?
I don't know, tell no one . Where's a paper so I can resign

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

HootTheOwl posted:

Look my dad doesn't have long.
Should we tell anyone?
I don't know, tell no one . Where's a paper so I can resign

https://x.com/startkyIeorton/status/1704612378132762817?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/JayCuda/status/1705076413370376215

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Lions fare better than I expected looking at that considering there's a big dollop of Matt Patricia in there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bumhead posted:

Lions fare better than I expected looking at that considering there's a big dollop of Matt Patricia in there.

Only two and a half years, even though I know it felt like it took a decade to get rid of him. Caldwell's entire tenure is in there and his 36 wins is doing a LOT of heavy lifting.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

What does GB mean?

I wouldn’t have guessed that the Bears are historically worse than the Lions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

What does GB mean?

I wouldn’t have guessed that the Bears are historically worse than the Lions

Green Bay. Like, for example, the Bills are 16 GB, so, they're 16 Green Bays.