Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How you hanging in there, Giants fans?
gently caress the Cowboys
Giants
Caleb Williams
At least we're not the Jets
View Results

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Play posted:

What's the Hyundai commercial thing about?

Who doesn’t love commuting 30+ minutes and sitting in gridlock and dealing with horrible traffic to drive to a job even though the last several years show you can do it just as well from the comfort of your home with your pets? You’ll love all that in your new 2023 Hyundai Kona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
four people got hands on him before he got down and he shook two others out of their loving shoes.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Deeble Sammer

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

ok giants your first order of business now is to send for a pop warner coach and teach the defense how to tackle

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

abelwingnut posted:

what's the rarest score other than what i imagine is 2?

11?

4 is even rarer than two for obvious reasons. For numbers under ten that is the golden ticket

e: oops forgot about 1, 1 then 4

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I counted four broken tackles

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
49ers just allowed the 2nd sack for the Giants. Who had none the last two games.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

abelwingnut posted:

11?

1. It’s never happened in the history of the NFL, but it is possible. A game can theoretically end 6-1.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

abelwingnut posted:

11?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

that play is why Wink hates zone lol

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

fartknocker posted:

1. It’s never happened in the history of the NFL, but it is possible. A game can theoretically end 6-1.

uhh what?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Lmao Giants

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

if an extra point is blocked and run back

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

abelwingnut posted:

11?

https://nflscorigami.com/

that has your answers, friend.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:flag:

He held Deebo's jersey.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

quote:

The only time a 1 point safety can occur is when the offense on an extra point or two point conversion attempt gets tackled in their own end zone. This is commonly known as conversion safety or one point safety. In this college football game, Texas was going for an extra point attempt scoring play.

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.
Great play by Brock if he saw the hold and let it rip in that direction

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

If you go for two after a touchdown and somehow commit a safety, your opponent gets 1 point

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
they're lucky that was just a 5 yd defensive hold.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Just lmao if you get in a car for an hour a day to touch a computer.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
lol Purdy has 112 yards on third down. Daniel Jones has 112 yards.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

GOD this Prime Vision kicks so much rear end

it's made me love TNF

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

OneMoreTime posted:

If you go for two after a touchdown and somehow commit a safety, your opponent gets 1 point

Zach Wilson you’re our only hope

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The one point safety, if it ever happens, is going to be the result of a blocked pat that's been moved back 15 yards because of a personal foul penalty or something.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Rogue Elephant posted:

if an extra point is blocked and run back

That's actually two points, one point is only for a safety on a two point conversion or extra point

Not easy to accomplish as you can imagine

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l5C8cGMueY

Jump to the 18:23 mark if you want the details, but basically it requires a team to take a safety on a 2-point attempt. So it’d need a QB to take a 98-yard sack, or (More likely such as it is) require multiple turnovers on one play.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

AndrewP posted:

GOD this Prime Vision kicks so much rear end

it's made me love TNF

Yeah baby, gimme lines and numbers, I’m unironically a sucker for that poo poo

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I wonder if Madden ever put the 1 point safety into the game. I know at least 5 years back it still wasn’t in

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Freaquency posted:

Yeah baby, gimme lines and numbers, I’m unironically a sucker for that poo poo

it's so refreshing to actually see what's going on in the game instead of just the LOS

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
The fix is in

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Oh I see it’s the Giants’ turn to commit a million penalties

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

OneMoreTime posted:

I wonder if Madden ever put the 1 point safety into the game. I know at least 5 years back it still wasn’t in

It was as of like Madden 17 or 20. Those were the last versions I had and it’s definitely in one of them.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Giants :lol:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

OneMoreTime posted:

They definitely should because that's probably the only place it will ever happen

unless someone's just taking the piss in real life I guess

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Kayvon sucks.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so why does a safety on a 2pt conversion only count for 1pt instead of just the regular old 2pt? what is the logic there?

bizarre.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
gently caress the giants but the refs just have too much say in the outcomes of these games.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Giants D not-on-3rd down has been great. 3rd down.... the horror

edit: sorry I meant to say decent. Great was extremely wrong

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yeah, it's hard. What I envision is the PAT from 15 yards further back. Kick is taking place at the 35 or so. kick gets blocked and flys backwards. A holy roller type situation happens as the kicking team tries to recover but cannot until they get to the endzone. They fall on the ball, and the safety is awarded after they're downed.

The reason this would work where the holy roller does not because a team can very much continue to kick and fumble a ball backwards where they cannot forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I do love how much energy Daboll has. That's a fun coach to watch get mad.