Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tremendous product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
ok i guess maybe they did actually license music for this since its like one song per faction

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I started watchign this out of curiosity but they've dragged me in lmao. I need to have the whole thing to show my friends later lmfao.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
A better Figure 8 than Charlotte.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Hell yeah

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

A tribute to Grand Slam last night 🙃

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The eel > the heel

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am still baffled by so much of this (MOTHER!) but that was fun

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Better than my low expectations. Hopefully if they have another event Saori gets some gear that fits, that probably sucks to have to wrestle with your body falling out everywhere at all times

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

yea ok posted:

Better than my low expectations. Hopefully if they have another event Saori gets some gear that fits, that probably sucks to have to wrestle with your body falling out everywhere at all times

Yeah, it was clearly bothering her, and she does a lot of moves that don't play nicely with that kind of thing

Thought the show was good!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
So much money put into this
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1705029862300566015

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Fun little show

Konami :unsmith:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

fez_machine posted:

it'll be on VK no doubt

What is VK?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

What is VK?

Russian facebook that is full of wrestling and assumedly other media piracy, but especially wrestling

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I'm excited to watch the show, it sounds like it was fun!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
It was definitely fun but honestly it wasn't very good. I was expecting more joshi style wrestling but they were in slo mo most of the time and it looked like the ring was too small to do any suplexes or throws so nobody did any

Some of the outfits were cool and some were just bad. Bull Nakano's outfit was awesome

The ring announcer was cool as gently caress and looked like he was straight out of an anime

One weird thing was that I thought everyone had new names and gimmicks but the announcers kept using their regular names for most of them

This is a nitpick but Veda Scott had no idea how to pronounce any of the Japanese names but whoever the other women who was on commentary pronounced them correctly. It didn't bother me but if there were viewers who didn't know better it might be a little confusing

Overall it was fun and the crowd was very obviously having a blast so I'd call it a success

They'll definitely improve things next time

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

What is VK?

someone doesn't watch the AJPW matches in the MOTYC thread

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Elephant Ambush posted:

It was definitely fun but honestly it wasn't very good. I was expecting more joshi style wrestling but they were in slo mo most of the time and it looked like the ring was too small to do any suplexes or throws so nobody did any

Yeah, I tuned out before the semi-main and I'm not sure I'll go back to finish. The wrestling was okay but not enough to grab me when there's so much else out there, and I didn't really care for the aesthetic.

From a technical perspective I was shocked at how well things ran. My stream stuttered a couple times but overall it was better than a lot of the NJPW US events.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Wasn't a huge fan. A lot of really good wrestlers having mediocre matches. Costumes looked pretty dollar-store and everything looked too washed out and dark.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i liked it because it looked different and everyone seems like they had fun

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Crapple! posted:

Wasn't a huge fan. A lot of really good wrestlers having mediocre matches. Costumes looked pretty dollar-store and everything looked too washed out and dark.
No reason to go full speed for the first show of a weird promotion with a fairly secretive backing

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Tampa Bae posted:

No reason to go full speed for the first show of a weird promotion with a fairly secretive backing

Yeah thinking about it more, it would be kind of pointless and even unwise to go hard in a promotion like this that's just meant to be goofy fun. A lot of these women have matches coming up in Japan soon and risking an injury for this would be dumb

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
:thunkher:
https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1705140783513526715

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

What the Waka doin

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Multiple reports that Sukeban was giving away free beer, food and merch

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They must have found the world's richest weeb to be their money mark

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

fez_machine posted:

WWE and AEW in the mud.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

fez_machine posted:

The only free merch was the butt pillow you got at your seat. The shirts were 50 dollars and were really basic.

The food and drinks were all free including booze.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Giving away beee is real commitment to losing money.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

business brain has no place here i believe. free garbage kicks rear end and good art dies screaming. sukeban willbe remembered for 100 years! just kidding.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

fez_machine posted:

someone doesn't watch the AJPW matches in the MOTYC thread

I never even open that thread because it feels too overwhelming to keep up with

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

Giving away beee is real commitment to losing money.

Ulillillia was never in it for anything but the art.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ganso Bomb posted:

I never even open that thread because it feels too overwhelming to keep up with

It's OK, you just click on the question mark under my name so you can easily ignore the lesser opinion havers

(No but really, if you see something cool then just post it in the thread, you don't even need to bother reading it. And if you do, well, it really is easy to keep with anyway because ain't nobody making effort posts, there's a whole load that are just "2nding this")

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They didn't want to re-sell the used butt pillows?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Well, it had one more episode than Wrestling Revolution Project but it has a few to go to reach Wrestling Society X.

Really unusual promotion. Looking forward to finding a way to watch a replay. Wish it wasn't on TikTok but it seems fun so far.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

yea ok posted:

The only free merch was the butt pillow you got at your seat. The shirts were 50 dollars and were really basic.

The food and drinks were all free including booze.

$50 t-shirts are probably the most authentically Japanese part of the whole enterprise

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Five Star discussion as of Sept 18.

Did those fuckers just elicminate Natsupoi? gently caress off!

It looks like in red block Natsuko, Tam, Syuri, Hazuki, and Suzu are still alive. If Natsuko beats Hazuki on the final night she's through, otherwise someone else is.

In blue block everyone but AZM, Mariah, and Hanan is alive.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/anou_saori/status/1705393279708344408?t=qNJGXbz-g2pgSHK4YGXXCg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

https://twitter.com/2ndgunny/status/1705395117257851351?t=h8P5Y_u7fevqaOLKgC5-8A&s=19

This belt looks incredible, it has a Bull Nakano leg drog on it. Only bad thing I can say is it kinda looks cheap but the design is so intricate I doubt that's the case