Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Fish Of Doom posted:

Why are multiple people mentioning Sheamus getting laid off? Is there a rumor or anything to that or are we just fantasy booking him in AEW?

His contract is coming up at the end of 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

99% their hopes, off the back of Fightful saying yesterday that his deal's up in either the first quarter or first half next year

Drew's deal is up before Mania
Becky's is sometime next year too, unknown if it's that early

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fish Of Doom posted:

Why are multiple people mentioning Sheamus getting laid off? Is there a rumor or anything to that or are we just fantasy booking him in AEW?

Fantasy booking.

I can't see them ever releasing Sheamus, and I don't know if he's ever given any indication he would want to leave. Remember that he was one of HHH's workout buddies and Vince loves him because he fits the stereotype that he envisions for Irish people and is big and has muscles. He'd be one of the last guys I would think they'd release.

He might decide to leave, but I'd put long odds on that too.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Quantum of Phallus posted:

were any of the latest fires hhh people?
top dolla lol

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

e. beaten

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

top dolla lol

i still think he was re-hired only as a rib

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Michael Cole scored some rare points with me by dunking on him at every turn

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Well, that attracted some unusual attention.

Keep in mind everything I say is information relayed to me so I could be worked but that would imply said source (not my normal one this time) would care to do that. It's possible Dana was in a foul mood at the time for unknown reasons which was a anomaly for her but she was based on what I heard. Feel free to ignore if desired.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I wanna see Sheamus wrestle Ishii. Sheamus G1 run pls. He can go back to the Fed after idc.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/ChandranTheMan/status/1704713564139983161?t=B0pFMJ6Xuhb23j8GblaJ3A&s=19

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Cody Rhodes brokers WGA contract compromise to secure WWE title match.

This time he enters the Rumble early alongside Gunther. Both stay to the finish which is 10 minutes of hellacious Gunther ultra strikes and stretching.

And Cody loses due to interference from Jay Uso. I guess? I'm trying to curry sarcasm points with the hoy polly.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JethroMcB posted:

Just remembered that there were supposed to be a bunch of tryouts yesterday. Wonder how those went.

Well they just freed up a bunch of roster space so

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Could Sheamus’ neck survive a G1

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I imagine they don’t renew Sheamus unless it’s for a big pay cut. I think a lot of the veteran mid card/upper mid card with bigger contracts are going to be prime release targets like the Zig man today

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Seams posted:

Could Sheamus’ neck survive a G1

he'd only have like 6 opponents if they stick with the four block format

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

That leak to the news was put out by the studios. I believe writers and actors guilds both denied being any closer to

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

That leak to the news was put out by the studios. I believe writers and actors guilds both denied being any closer to

Yeah, writers had a meeting today and will again tomorrow but that's all they'd confirm, and actors are still not meeting

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

I cant believe Cody has broken thru as a huge babyface while being a Fancy Suit guy. He is shattering WWE character stereotypes.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cody should pivot to Cigar Guy influencer gimmick

Call himself the American Smoker or some other YouTube name, do bits, the whole thing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Call himself the American Smoker or some other YouTube name, do bits, the whole thing

can't wait for his new In-Ring Talk Show Segment, Pack Watch

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm just saying, i can see it

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

projecthalaxy posted:

cody loses another championship match to roman and begins making parked car rant videos

the american maitreya cody rhodes

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

zetamind2000 posted:

cody loses another championship match to roman and begins making parked car rant videos

the american maitreya cody rhodes

Ranting in his bus in the middle of the night but still wearing sunglasses the whole time

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Taffy Torpedo posted:

I wanna see Sheamus wrestle Ishii.

This is one of my dream matches

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Tampa Bae posted:

I just love the irony of Triple H rehiring all his favorite toys and then seeing them get fired again a year later. Nothing personally against any of the people who lost their jobs, just lol that hhh thought he was really going to be in control

Or he was pulling a Bischoff and getting his boys some paydays while he could.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
can't believe the TKO logo stole NOAH green

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Between Total Nonstop Faction and QTV we have enough lower card dork heel teams to dunk on in AEW.
But the Hollywood Honks would definitely work on that level.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Tampa Bae posted:

I just love the irony of Triple H rehiring all his favorite toys and then seeing them get fired again a year later. Nothing personally against any of the people who lost their jobs, just lol that hhh thought he was really going to be in control

I think only Emma and Top Dolla got fired from his re-hires

Elias, Boogs, and Moss were guys Triple H pretty much took off TV entirely.

SpeakSlow posted:

Cody Rhodes brokers WGA contract compromise to secure WWE title match.

This time he enters the Rumble early alongside Gunther. Both stay to the finish which is 10 minutes of hellacious Gunther ultra strikes and stretching.

And Cody loses due to interference from Jay Uso. I guess? I'm trying to curry sarcasm points with the hoy polly.

I think they do a reverse of last year: Cody enters early, Gunther enters late, Gunther wins this time and goes after Rollins.

Cody wins the chamber in Perth to get his shot

Of course this all assumes that's the match and Rock isn't sticking around. In that case Rocky wins the Rumble and Gunthers win the chamber.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

honestly less releases than I expected

are they going to stretch it to an all weekend event or are the other jobs safe for the moment

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Orange Carlisle posted:

are they going to stretch it to an all weekend event or are the other jobs safe for the moment

Rovert said it's going to be an all-week thing, and he's been right about the cuts so far

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

backstage morale must be at an all time high knowing they're getting cut after the 1.4 billion dollar deal

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
There’s a reddit thread about Mace and Mansoor streaming and they are offering details about how they got fired.

quote:

Mansoor: 735 viewers! Getting fired is a draw - we should get fired from every company we ever work for

edit: Mansoor says he was asleep when he got fired. Woke up to a text "call me back". Says usually you get fired from a Connecticut area code, but this was from Chicago — Mace cuts in and says, I thought it was Punk.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Confirmation that Retribution was Vince trying to do Antifa in WWE, not that isn't incredibly obvious

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

jackofarcades posted:

I think only Emma and Top Dolla got fired from his re-hires

Elias, Boogs, and Moss were guys Triple H pretty much took off TV entirely.

Boogs was hurt and out for the entirety of HHH's six months of "power"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Orange Carlisle posted:

Much like Wrestlemania Nick Khan has decided that the splendor of Unnecessary Release Day needs to be a two day event moving forward.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mace and Mansoor are calling Gunther a big loving pussy right now.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
already returning to their roots i see

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
"getting fired actually owns because now we can say gamer words again."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I'm glad those two shitheads got canned. Now we can forget they ever existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

There’s a reddit thread about Mace and Mansoor streaming and they are offering details about how they got fired.

I am happy they got fired because they are disgusting people and they are loved by terminally online nerds who are also disgusting people. Reddit is so mad.