Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT MARIA?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That's the horniest backstage segment I've seen in a while.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
hmmery

https://twitter.com/aaronwrotkowski/status/1702420944109871470?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I'm kind of hazy on the timeline but I thought Cody pretty much already had one foot out the door by the time RoH had been put up for sale

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
RoH Thoughts:

- Claudio/Romero was good despite a couple instances where they didn't seem to be on the same page, you can plug Rocky in just about anywhere on the card and expect a solid match.

- I feel bad for Ethan Page, he deserves better than having his storyline with Matt Hardy dropped without any resolution and being relegated to an RoH redemption arc. Hopefully this leads to better things for him.

- Very happy to see Moriarty join up with Shane Taylor, the latter should be a great mouthpiece for the former. I'd really enjoy it if STP got a third member and they went after the trios titles.

- I'm intrigued by the storyline with Maria/Karter/Garrison but at the same time I wish it was unfolding a little faster.

- I enjoyed the grappling in Woods/Garini, it made for a neat little match different from anything else on the card.

- Lexi had another great night, "don't look that up" was an obvious highlight but I also enjoyed her being terrified of Athena even when she's not there.

Good show!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Just watching ROH now because I’m taking a sick day and lol Claudio is maybe the first person I’ve seen wear a wrist watch under his wrist tape. Judging by the shape it looks like an Apple Watch which I assume is so he can track all of his body metrics so he can figure out how to become even more of a physical freak.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ganso Bomb posted:

Just watching ROH now because I’m taking a sick day and lol Claudio is maybe the first person I’ve seen wear a wrist watch under his wrist tape. Judging by the shape it looks like an Apple Watch which I assume is so he can track all of his body metrics so he can figure out how to become even more of a physical freak.

Its illegal for the swiss to take off their watches

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

weekly font posted:

Its illegal for the swiss to take off their watches

:hmmyes:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Barry Bluejeans posted:

RoH Thoughts:

- I feel bad for -Talent you like-, -they- deserves better than having -their- storyline with -talent- dropped without any resolution and being relegated to -something else-. Hopefully this leads to better things for -them-

Really this has been a long running thread in the AEW universe.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1705002215499321365?s=20

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

why is this not on my television wednesday nights

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

graph posted:

Because then it'd be bad.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

graph posted:

because they want you to pay to watch roh for stuff like this

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Because it's on your television Thursday nights! :eng101:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

graph posted:

because its on thursdays

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

graph posted:

Because ROH is the company of tomorrow and you watch it on your computer.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
https://twitter.com/coltcabana/status/1705062045908124125?s=46&t=hN7QrcuD7lAZiiIdTJ-hdA

Oasx fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 22, 2023

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hope supercard of honor happens there

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i hope supercard of honor happens there

gently caress that if it's going to be in a historic ROH building it should be in the Armory.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Minion Bestie is such a good minion :hai:

flatluigi posted:

because they want you to pay to watch roh for stuff like this

They should put the good content on the shows they need the most people to watch

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I like the good content being about 90% constrained to ROH so I don't have to care about Dynamite or Collision.

It's like when all the fun wrestlers were on Dark so I didn't have to care about Dynamite. I miss Dark.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Minion training was cute as poo poo. I am getting super strong Pom Harajuku vibes from Billie.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Minion training was cute as poo poo. I am getting super strong Pom Harajuku vibes from Billie.

Billie can wrestle though

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Billie can wrestle though

Uh oh, Max is so mad at you right now.

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

Any nerd can watch cable on accident. Only Ascended Masters choose to watch ROH.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/StokelyHathaway/status/1705032705740620042?s=20

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

They're not selling THAT shirt, but they are selling this

Which makes me feel like I need to beg Athena for a number

Also 30bux for a tie-dye shirt ain't bad

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Taxman posted:

They're not selling THAT shirt, but they are selling this

Which makes me feel like I need to beg Athena for a number

If you tweet the receipt at her she will give you your personal minion number.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Just watched this week's ROH. It was strange that after Vikingo got injured, the commentators just pretended like he wasn't in the match anymore.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Pylons posted:

If you tweet the receipt at her she will give you your personal minion number.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna check for this shirt at the GR show (lol like they'll have it) and then do that afterwards!

E: so when are we getting a live entrance from Plush for Athena? Criminal if this doesn't happen at some point

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 22, 2023

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Just watched this week's ROH. It was strange that after Vikingo got injured, the commentators just pretended like he wasn't in the match anymore.

I had vaguely remembered hearing that he had been injured and I was looking it up at the precise moment I reached that moment in the match. No wonder they were worried he had broken his hip that was the most low key but gnarly injury I think I've ever seen in wrestling.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I really enjoy how much fun everyone seems to be having on roh. Like all the backstage interviews you can tell people are having a good time.. really laid back energy to it.

It's a bummer seeing so many empty seats thou. I understand why they tape it when they do, but I liked the orlando studios set up a lot more. Felt like the crowds were actually invested there.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I guess because they literally were. They bought tickets to ROH, not Collision feat. ROH

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

flashy_mcflash posted:

I guess because they literally were. They bought tickets to ROH, not Collision feat. ROH

exactly. I think the roh wrestlers deserve a better crowd.

I suppose they get that for their ppvs but still.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Scorpio Sky vs Tony Nese was shockingly good.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"Gravity is clearly from outer space, Bandido is clearly a cowboy." It's called a space western, Riccaboni.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Jimmy Jacobs alert

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

This is the only way they get us to actually boo Athena

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Taxman posted:

Jimmy Jacobs alert

he would be a great addition to the righteous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1707574204290269243