Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I dub thee Toke Tower.

:350:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I found a home for the leftover 4mm ruby balls in the bong. So pretty. :allears:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I reckon that for the past 15 years, the longest break I've taken from weed was 3 days, maybe 5. I'm now 16 days into a month long t-break, and goddamn the dreams I'm having are bonkers. I had always heard dream deficit is a thing for long time smokers but I didn't expect this.

I've had night terrors off and on since I was a kid, but this is some next level poo poo. I'm seeing things that make Hellraiser and Lovecraftian horror look like Sesame Street :stonk:

Anyway I'm looking forward to blazing a big bowl of fresh grease monkey on day 31.

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

isaboo posted:

I reckon that for the past 15 years, the longest break I've taken from weed was 3 days, maybe 5. I'm now 16 days into a month long t-break, and goddamn the dreams I'm having are bonkers. I had always heard dream deficit is a thing for long time smokers but I didn't expect this.

I've had night terrors off and on since I was a kid, but this is some next level poo poo. I'm seeing things that make Hellraiser and Lovecraftian horror look like Sesame Street :stonk:

Anyway I'm looking forward to blazing a big bowl of fresh grease monkey on day 31.

You always start off in a normal, yet very vivid dream, it starts getting weird and suddenly it's intensely scary, you wake up sweating and you knuckle down for another round, 3-6 times a night. I once t-breaked at the same time as starting mirtazipine (side effect: intense dreams), the dreams were so intense and constant that I was exhausted 24/7. I'd work 9 hours, do normal human things, and then during the night I'd wake up from a hosed dream every hour or two, my highest count was 9

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
tbh not dreaming is the loving best part about smoking weed all the time, dreams are dumb

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

tbh not dreaming is the loving best part about smoking weed all the time, dreams are dumb

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

bagmonkey posted:

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!
got too high yesterday, gotta let my brain recharge

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010
Oh nooo, what a shame. I don't have to walk around my old high school building combined with an Escher painting for hours, looking for a class I'll never find.

Dreams are dumb

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Are you guys saying if I just throw a bunch of glass beads in an old bong that thing will hit better?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
“Oops all perc”

I think it’s just more surface for resin to build up on instead of getting me high

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

bagmonkey posted:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

bagmonkey posted:

:hmmyes:

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

all I'm sayin is, weed has never repeatedly made me go to work naked or have all my teeth fall out

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

bagmonkey posted:

dreams are dumb

:wrong:

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
This page reading a little unhealthy, emotionally.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm gonna smoke a weed about it

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This sort of thing never happens to me, except just then...

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Got some ground up herb in the sous vide water bath. I'm reading some different things in terms of decarb temp and time. I'm thinking both the decarb and the infusion steps will be 185F for 90 minutes. We'll see!

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Hellblazer187 posted:

Got some ground up herb in the sous vide water bath. I'm reading some different things in terms of decarb temp and time. I'm thinking both the decarb and the infusion steps will be 185F for 90 minutes. We'll see!

I followed an article that suggested 205 for an hour to decarb then add butter and drop temps to 185 for 4-6 hrs.

It worked but I was nervous about plastic bags and my plastic Cambro reservoir at 205.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

My sous vide only goes up to 194F. I saw the recommendation for 203F at 1 hour 40 for decarb. Reddit says at sub 200F do a 2 hour decarb and a 4 hour infusion. I guess that's what I'll try. I sous vide with meat pretty frequently, although at lower temps. The herb is in a plastic bag, the plastic bag is in another plastic bag, and the second plastic bag is in a silicone bag.

I got brandy for this so it's going to be le dragon vert when it's done. I'll report back this evening.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I know the dream deficit. I am ambivalent on dreams, sometimes they can be awesome. Sometimes, not.

But I go to sleep knowing that poo poo is gonna go down and am prepared.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Hellblazer187 posted:

My sous vide only goes up to 194F. I saw the recommendation for 203F at 1 hour 40 for decarb. Reddit says at sub 200F do a 2 hour decarb and a 4 hour infusion. I guess that's what I'll try. I sous vide with meat pretty frequently, although at lower temps. The herb is in a plastic bag, the plastic bag is in another plastic bag, and the second plastic bag is in a silicone bag.

I got brandy for this so it's going to be le dragon vert when it's done. I'll report back this evening.

This should give you an idea about the times associated with each temperature:

You won't get much of a conversion with 194F

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

fuctifino posted:

This should give you an idea about the times associated with each temperature:

You won't get much of a conversion with 194F

Is that oven temp or internal temp of the product? In a water bath under vacuum the temp of the cooking medium and the temp of the product are much closer together. Most people suggest no higher 203F for sous vide method, at least from what I'm reading online.

Edit: That graph refers to heating an extract on the glass surface of an open reactor. I have no idea how the heating method and product being heated would change the graph, except to say that it's probably not 1 to 1 exactly the same. Well, we'll see anyways!

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 22, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Hellblazer187 posted:

sous vide method

I've only just googled this and found out it exists. I thought it meant something else. Ignore everything I've said, and consider me the old confused hippy in the corner that doesn't know what he's talking about.

e: I also love learning new things.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Also, I'm a dum dum and I realize a lot of the time and temp info I'm seeing online is for oil infusions, which seems to take more time and higher temp. Alcohol boils at 173ishF so I want to make sure I'm under that for the infusion part of this.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

fuctifino posted:

Rip weed

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

16:20

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

Rip

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

The Modern Leper posted:

This page reading a little unhealthy, emotionally.

I've actually had teeth fall out of my mouth so I don't also need multiple dreams a night about it as well thank u

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hmmm

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

hope u got a grip of capsules, that's when it's really fun, just hotswapping em out and keep on blazin.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

hope u got a grip of capsules, that's when it's really fun, just hotswapping em out and keep on blazin.

I have capsules. They're fine but it crosses my mind that if I'm hot swapping I'm just using more weed, and I could just do one dynavap cap and be done.

I do like how evenly the Rogue cooks even if I'm lazy and don't/barely chop it up. It's definitely growing on me and with water cooling I can rip near max temp without it being too harsh. It's good for a battery robodick vape.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

here's what I did. I got 1/4oz from my dealer. I took roughly half of that and decarbed it sous vide at 194F for 2 hours, plus preheat time (which is like 30 minutes or so). Then I took it out, put everything in an ice bath to cool quickly. The recipes I saw said to use 2oz of Everclear to an eighth of herb. I can't get Everclear here, so I used 4 oz of 80 proof brandy. I poured the half cup of brandy into the bag and resealed everything. I poured the ice bath into the sous vide water bath to cool that down. Then I put it all back in at 162f for 45 minutes. After that, ice bath to cool quickly. Poured into dropper bottles. Filled up 4 of the 30ml bottles, which seems about exactly right. It didn't turn green, but it got very cloudy compared to the brandy by itself. I put one dropper thingie full under my tongue about 45 minutes ago. I am high. So, science success in my book.

I will have another dropper full later, but instead of under my tongue I will put it in a glass of diet coke. If any of you have friends that drink like, way too loving much diet coke, I'm that guy. So I feel like putting cannabis infused brandy in a diet coke is the most me way to get high.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 23, 2023

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I did the ice bath to cool quickly not for the science reasons that exist for meat. Like you're supposed to ice bath the meat because of germs. I just did it because I'm extremely impatient.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I dont usually react to edibles just ate a 3rd of a 1500mg tangerine thing let's see

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I dont usually react to edibles just ate a 3rd of a 1500mg tangerine thing let's see

Be sure to quicksave before you fight God

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Macichne Leainig posted:

Be sure to quicksave before you fight God

God's knees are week. Go for the knees!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

drat I wish I could get 1/3rd of that too, trip report pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

FWIW I've been getting fairly consistent results for decarb just using my home oven set to 240f for 40 minutes